Profit from Progression
The amount of money earned from the Tax Collector increases over time as you kill more bosses, ranging from the base 50 copper per NPC to a whopping 10 silver per NPC after defeating the Moon Lord, with a 50% increase in income in Expert Mode. You can check the amount of money that is being earned at any point in time by asking the Tax Collector with his new Status button.
Raised Storage Cap
The amount of money that the Tax Collector is able to store at once is increased from 10 gold to 50 platinum to compensate for the increased money production.
If a Piggy Bank, Safe, or Defender's Forge is placed inside the Tax Collector's house, the amount of money in the Tax Collector's storage will be deposited into the Piggy Bank, Safe, or Defender's Forge in his house at midnight every day.
Emphasis on Customizability
Everything in this mod can be customized using tModLoader's built-in Mod Config GUI. See the "Config File Format" page on the wiki for detailed information on how to tune Better Taxes to your liking.
Better Taxes has built-in support for Calamity and Thorium's bosses. If you are a mod author, a Mod.Call() API is available for you to use to implement your own support for Better Taxes.
Better Taxes is available on the Mod Browser. However, you may also download the .tmod file manually from GitHub.
Please report any bugs you find on the GitHub issues page.
- Renamed some default condition names to account for recent boss name changes in certain mods. Condition names that existed prior to this update remain functional.
- Fixed a few minor typos.
- Slightly nerfed the Christmas tax multiplier.
- Deprecated the "AddStatement" method in Mod.Call; it is now the same as defining a recommended value in the "AddKey" method.
- Removed the "IsFlexible" field in the config file. When a config file is reset, the mod now presents all available custom statements as well as their recommended values in the TaxRates field, allowing for easier config modification.
- Removed the relatively useless "/settaxes" command.
- Removed the deprecated and undocumented three-term key system (mod.modworld.field).
- Fixed a minor bug where the Tax Collector would always have dialog indicating that auto-collection has not been set up for a short period of time after the server starts.
- Added new dialog and behavior that activates during the Christmas season.
- Fixed a major bug where the Tax Collector would not properly auto-collect in certain specific multiplayer contexts.
- Fixed a bug where Calamity boss rates would not properly update when Calamity was re-enabled after a world had already been loaded with it disabled.
- Fixed a minor bug where the mod could occasionally throw an error when the Tax Collector's home was too close to the edge of the world.
- Reoptimized portions of the code to be much more efficient.
- Fixed another major bug in which Calamity mod progression would not properly update when newer versions of Calamity are used due to backwards incompatibility.
- Fixed a handful of minor errors in the Spanish translation.
- Added a partial Spanish translation.
- Fixed a bug in which coin denominations were not properly translated in languages other than English.
- Fixed a major bug in which new fields could not be added with tModLoader's Config UI due to backwards incompatibility.
- Fixed a critical bug in which the mod would crash when an outdated version of Calamity is used.
- Added the new "Status" button to the Tax Collector which provides information about current income, similar to the "/taxinfo" command.
- Added a new line of dialog that appears when the Vending Machines mod is installed.
- Added support for Calamity v18.104.22.168.
- Removed extraneous auto-adjustment of the config file when IsFlexible was set to true.
- Removed the "SetTaxes" and "GetTaxes" methods in Mod.Call.
- Fixed a bug where the Tax Collector would completely abort auto-collection when the selected personal storage tile is full, regardless of whether or not other personal storage tiles exist in the same room. Now, the Tax Collector prioritizes auto-collection in the following order: Piggy Bank, Safe, Defender's Forge.
- Fixed a bug where the Tax Collector would tell you to progress by killing bosses with custom config files that don't progress by killing bosses.
- Fixed a bug where the Tax Collector would sometimes improperly store auto-collected money.
- Fixed a bug where parentheses were unusuable in the config file if not nested.
- Added the Invasion list to the config file.
- Deprecated the "SetTaxes" and "GetTaxes" methods in Mod.Call.
- Fixed a bug where the line of text displaying the amount of stored money in the Tax Collector's menu would periodically flash if was open while the amount was updated.
- Fixed a bug where AddList was unusable.
- Fixed a bug where the last parameter of AddKey could be omitted, causing a crash.
- Fixed a major bug where the game would attempt to check the Tax Collector's house for a personal storage tile even while the Tax Collector is dead.
- Updated the mod's description in the Mod Browser.
- Adjusted ExpertModeBoost's tooltip in the Mod Config GUI to be less verbose.
- Migrated the config file to tModLoader v0.11's ModConfig system.
- Increased the money cap from 10 platinum to 50 platinum.
- Added shorthands for most conditions within the Base, Calamity, and Thorium lists in the config file.
- Added the ability for the Tax Collector to auto-deposit his earnings into a personal storage item.
- Added the "/settaxes" command for use on the server console.
- Added the "EnableAutoCollect" and "ExpertModeBoost" fields to the config file.
- Added the "GetPaycheck" and "GetTaxes" methods to Mod.Call.
- Added support for Hamstar's Mod Helpers.
- Removed the "Save" method from Mod.Call.
- Fixed a major bug where pressing the first button of any NPC's chat window could reset the player's taxes.
- Introduced the delegate system for custom mod support.
- Added support for Mod.Call.
- Added support for parentheses in the config file.
- Added more conditions to the Thorium list in the config file.
- Added the "IsFlexible" field to the config file.
- Added stricter rules for configs to be accepted by the mod.
- Added the ability for "/taxinfo" to be used by the server console.
- Fixed a bug where the Tax Collector would collect rent while he is dead.
- Fixed a major bug where killing a boss would require a reload of the entire mod to change the amount of income.
- Fixed a major bug where the mod would not register the existence of Calamity or Thorium.
- Fixed a major bug where the mod would throw an error if Calamity or Thorium was not enabled.
- Added the "/taxinfo" command.
- Added the Thorium list to the config file.
- Rewrote some of the custom dialog.
- Added support for Thorium's Ragnarok boss.
- Added partial config regeneration for malformed config files.
- Improved the config file to be more flexible, and introduced the Base and Calamity lists to this system.
- Added the "AddCustomDialog" field to the config file.
- Added config file.
- Added icon.