Biome crate percentages

Beezwax&Nectar

The Destroyer
I have been having trouble with biome crates lately. A lot of trouble.
And I want to know, what exactly are the percentages of getting a biome crate? I haven't seen anything on the wiki about it, and I'd like to know if RNG is just :red:ing me over, or if they're actually pretty rare. (both equally likely solutions)

This is the result of my 2.5-hour crate farming. I used Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole, Enchanted Nightcrawler as bait, Angler Armor and Crate/Sonar Potions. Amount of catched crates and spent hour much enaugh to give an idea about percentages, despite I think I was unlucky about Golden Crates :p
CrateFarmFinish.png

Also, here's the screenshot when I started the farming;
CrateFarmStart.png

Hope it will be helpful to you

I think biome crates are intended to be slightly more common than gold crates (and rarer than iron crates), but as Bethany said, they're roughly equal in my experience too.

The solution for getting more biome crates is the same as the solution for getting more rare catches: Have good bait and a good rod. (Worms + Golden Rod are usually good enough.) Make sure the lake you are fishing from is sufficiently large. Apply a Fishing, Crate and (ideally) Sonar Potion. And make sure you have the High Test Fishing Line equipped - you don't want to snag a crate and then have your line snap!

On the Crates page of the Wiki, it says: "If fishing in Water with Fishing Power high enough to prevent junk catches and the line does not break there is a 10% chance to harvest crates normally and 20% when fishing with a Crate Potion."
Take that with a grain of salt though, as the Wiki is not known for its accuracy on such specific details. In particular, the chance of a line breaking is irrelevant to what the catch is. Rather than dealing with percentages, it's probably best to just get the highest fishing power you can.

Back
Top Bottom