Weapons & Equip Biome Weapon Project: Crimson

Still good?

• All of them!

Votes: 84 75.0%
  • Hmm... some of them. (Which ones?)

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Ugh, none of them.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • None of them, and this wasn't a great idea in the first place.

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
AN idea for the Vessel Net: Instead of being almost exactly like the Nettleburst, each segment would have a chance to split into two different paths, causing the projectile to branch out and have a cool, forking attack style. Like so:
*snip too awsome to be reposted*
You could say we need to branch away from using duplicate attack patterns for Biome Chest weapons. :p
That is glorious I want this now...

the vampire arrows should be changed to be a crimson alternative to unholy arrows...
Or we can just have a different kind of ammo entirely. Life-steal is too much for pre-HM, which is why it's PP.

I think an arrow that has 10 damage, penetrates 2 enemies, and inflicts Bleeding would be a good alt.

Here's my own idea for the warrior spec since you didn't put one in.

Butcher Hook
8 melee damage
Drags enemies to you

Fires similar to a harpoon, or chain knife, you throw this a short distance and it comes back to you if it hits an enemy or wall, or if it goes about 20 blocks. Unlike boomerangs this does not hit enemies on the way back. But if it's an enemy, it drags them to you. This allows for smaller swords, such as gold tier broadswords or flails to be more useful, making it worth getting if you plan to use warrior weapons a lot.

20 crimtane bars and 10 chain.

I can't draw so no sprite for you.

Sorry, man, but... the original idea was for new biome weapons. You know, things obtained from the dungeon's biome chests. Not craftable.

Furthermore, the Crimson's melee weapon has already been covered. It's called Vampire Knives. You'll notice that I left out Corruption's melee weapon and Snow's summoner weapon, too. Can you guess why?

Sorry, man, but... the original idea was for new biome weapons. You know, things obtained from the dungeon's biome chests. Not craftable.

Furthermore, the Crimson's melee weapon has already been covered. It's called Vampire Knives. You'll notice that I left out Corruption's melee weapon and Snow's summoner weapon, too. Can you guess why?
the harpoon is a ranged weapon, so the meat hook thing could also be a ranged weapon too, a meaty hook gun seems to fit the crimson well.
theres also frost armor and the harpoon, which are both hybrids of melee+ranged.

the harpoon is a ranged weapon, so the meat hook thing could also be a ranged weapon too, a meaty hook gun seems to fit the crimson well.
theres also frost armor and the harpoon, which are both hybrids of melee+ranged.
I suppose the developers could go with that... but doesn't the idea of an infinite arrow excite you, just a little?

Ah crap, I just realized what this project is and it's very similar to a suggestion I've been working on. Now my suggestion will pale in comparison.

Anyway, looks cool, but am I the only one who thinks the Bloodlust Arrow seems utterly useless?

index.php

Bloodlust Arrow (Named by SzGamer227)
16 ranged damage
100% change to not be consumed

Every shot fired drains 1 HP from the user (unless ammo conservation activated). However, each arrow has a 5% chance of forcing the target to drop a single heart upon death.
In my opinion this arrow is too underpowered and this item need some changes. The mobs, while a moon event is active, drop very often hearts. So why do it want more?
And for example with the Vampire knifes i can easily solo Plantera (Tank build) unfortunately with this item i wont get a single heart during the fight or any single-boss fight.

index.php

Vessel Net
33 magic damage
Average speed

Casts a network of noclipping blood vessels that hit multiple times, almost exactly like a Nettle Burst. Every hit has a 5% chance of forcing the target to drop an additional heart (up to 10). When the enemy dies, a small pulsating organ (like a miniature Demon Heart) is left in its place, and three seconds after the organ is created, it can be attacked and popped to claim those hearts.
I dont want to imagine how it would be if i had this item with my mage-lifedrain armor. It hits multiple enemys (took it from vilethorn) 5-7 times with 33 dmg = min. 200dmg per mob, it has a
big aoe
( :
index.php
)
and can go through 5 or more blocks. Well i think this is kinda op.

index.php

Vampire Staff (Original idea by SzGamer227)
42 summon damage
Summons vampire bats that steal life from enemies. However, a wielder who does not steal health quickly enough starts to slowly die of hunger.
See the thread for exact details.
I dont want to go through this thread so please add the details in your post and i think i can easily chancel this hunger effect by right clicking on this minion-buff.
This stats do i need to build my opinion for this one:
And the amount of the lifesteal in %.
Time between the last life that was stolen and the hunger effect.
How much dmg i will get if i have this hunger effect. (like im drowning?)

And btw the Hallowed chest contains the "Rainbow gun" which got pretty much the same mechanics as your "Vessel Net".
So i think some changes might be ok.

Last edited:
In my opinion this arrow is too underpowered and this item need some changes. The mobs, while a moon event is active, drop very often hearts. So why do it want more?
And for example with the Vampire knifes i can easily solo Plantera (Tank build) unfortunately with this item i wont get a single heart during the fight or any single-boss fight.
I could change it so it gets its chance to drop its heart on a hit, I suppose. We'll see what other people think.
I gave it average stats because it's an ammo source that never runs out.

I dont want to imagine how it would be if i had this item with my mage-lifedrain armor. It hits multiple enemys (took it from vilethorn) 5-7 times with 33 dmg = min. 200dmg per mob, is has a
big aoe
:)
index.php
)
and can go through 5 or more blocks. Well i think this is very op.
You could make that same argument for the Heat Ray, or Stake Launcher, or most endgame weapons. In fact, it's quite a bit weaker than the Heat Ray in certain situations: shorter range, and more affected by enemy defense. Its advantage lies in wall penetration, but that's mostly it.

If you're going to throw that argument at me and not push for a nerf to the Heat Ray and its friends, then you're a hypocrite.
So if you don't want to be a hypocrite, then explain why those other endgame weapons aren't OP.
I dont want to go through this thread so please add the details in your post and i can easily chancel this hunger effect by right clicking on this minion-buff.
Need:
And the amount of the lifesteal in %.
Time between the last life that was stolen and the hunger effect.
How much dmg i will get if i have this hunger effect. (like im drowning?)
I don't want to put the details in this thread because the Vampire Staff is SzGamer227's idea, not mine. But I will tell you that SzGamer227 isn't so shortsighted. From the beginning, it has been impossible to cancel the minion-buff to cancel Starving. Because Starving is not a buff. It's a debuff. That's the problem with jumping to accusations when you don't even have all the information.

And btw the Hallowed chest contains the "Rainbow gun" which got pretty much the same mechanics as your "Vessel Net".
Can you read? Does the Rainbow Gun pass through walls? Is the Vessel Net affected by gravity? The answer to all three of those questions is "no".

I'm open to criticism, but I expect it to be intelligent criticism.

First of all im not a hypocrite and if here were 1000 posts i really dont want pick these details out of them.

Yeahmaybe youre right but this stake launcher is as far as i remember a range wpn which has high dmg but hasnt the oppurtunity to life-stealor double life gaining(passive of your item)(just hiding and more dmg (range armor)).
I don't really understand that statement, but I don't view it as much of a threat, either. Anyways, the Vessel Net doesn't have direct lifesteal; it only gives some hearts after the target is dead. So it doesn't do much for boss fights, which most of game progression is centered around anyways.

Than ask this guy. From the beginning, it has been possible to cancel the "minion-buff" to cancel Starving. I know that "starving" is not a buff but this "minion-buff" is.
tzf2269k.gif

Thats the problem with jumping to accusations when you don't even know the game mechanics. If you got this starving debuff you will lose hp till what? - till your minions give you life BUT when you got the debuff and your minion are not there anymore what will happen then? You will die? So everytime i spawn them i know i must have these active till i die or to die by rightclicking this "minion-buff".
Dude. Do you realize that the game mechanics aren't set in stone? If it's necessary, for balance, to make the minion buff impossible to cancel when starving, then it can be done. Right clicking won't do anything unless you aren't starving. Was that so terribly hard? Don't talk to me about not knowing game mechanics. Because, seeing from your incoherent attempts at communication, you don't seem to understand them much yourself.

Can you read? I said "pretty much the same" mechanics.(Ticks, tiles that exists x seconds, and if your item generates this tiles some of them are going to the bottom just like the rainbow gun.
This actually isn't like the Rainbow Gun at all. It's like an upgrade to the Nettle Burst, if anything. You're really stretching things in your attempt to dump on this idea, aren't you?

And i noticed that you cannot really deal with criticism. (your choice of words are drastically going to the offensive ones)
I can deal with criticism even from the likes of you. Because, in case you haven't realized, your argument has been picked to pieces like fall-off-the-bone ribs. When I am faced with criticism that consists of stupid arguments, it's impossible to refute it without offending the source of that criticism. Sorry.

I'll leave you with this. If you really want to nitpick and undermine a well-thought-out suggestion that someone put a lot of effort into, then you had better do your research, because you're fighting an uphill battle.

Can you read? Does the Rainbow Gun pass through walls? Is the Vessel Net affected by gravity? The answer to all three of those questions is "no".

I'm open to criticism, but I expect it to be intelligent criticism.

I'm open to suggestions, but I expect it to be intelligent suggestions.

And i noticed that you cannot really deal with criticism. (your choice of words are drastically going to the offensive ones)

I can deal with criticism even from the likes of you. Because, in case you haven't realized, your argument has been picked to pieces like fall-off-the-bone ribs. When I am faced with criticism that consists of stupid arguments, it's impossible to refute it without offending the source of that criticism. Sorry.

I'll leave you with this. If you really want to nitpick and undermine a well-thought-out suggestion that someone put a lot of effort into, then you had better do your research, because you're fighting an uphill battle.

In other words you cantdeal with it. Either is stupid criticism or good.
And if i speak normally to you i would expect that you will normally speak to me but you didnt at the age of 17.

@Baconfry , @N0var - both of you cut it out. Debate the topic, not the person. This is going beyond civil discussion, please return to that.

guys this is getting out of hand try and calm the argument down... You don't want to get modded for personal attacks...
As for the life steal its far more balanced than a certain armor as the mechanics make them far more Situational...

My idea was, for the record, thinking along the lines of early game. While I understand it was a bit off topic, I was and still am on mobile and was too lazy to go through the trouble :D

New idea for ranged in game then.

Due to the lack of people who use bows over guns, this new bow will help bows become more popular.

Flesh Eater
Bow
57 ranged damage
When an arrow breaks, it summons 3 shards which go in random directions. Random does mean that one or even all three shards can hit the wall when they spawn. Shards deal half the damage of the arrow base damage, and carry over special traits from the arrow used. So hellfire shards do explode, and cholorophyte shards bounce.

(Sorry red that is gonna be really hard to code)

Anyone like this new idea?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom