dude hardest boss in my opinion (i played on that adventure mode with the overpowered stuff) and i can tell that empress of light may as well be hardest THE MOVES R INSANEI was wondering if I am just insane or other people actually agree with me about thiss difficulty list for bosses... reading most posts it seems like im just insane so... Please post the difficulty list that you think is right for bosses. (this is vanilla btw)
(the top is the easiest the bottom is the hardest)
1. Eater of worlds- This boss is just a worm, literally. He does absolutely nothing in normal mode so you just easily kill him with a bow and jester/unholy arrows, A sword thats half decent, a magic staff (or if you are lucky water bolt) or even a snapthorn whip and flinx staff.
2. Skeletron- After you destroy the hands skeletron is out of luck. Of course, in expert this is not the case.
3. Eye of cthulhu- Just dodge his rams and kill the eyes. The eyes drop hearts so all you need is to dodge the attacks well enough that you do not take like 100 damage.
4. King slime- The blue slimes are kinda annoying but everything else about this boss is a total joke.
5. Golem- depends on the golem room, if its big or medium this boss it a joke. If its small it kinda feels like an actual boss. (Also, I am not counting cheese strategies)
6. Brain of cthulhu- Just build a decent arena and get a spear and you are good to go. It's creeper phase is sorta challenging but you can deal with them fast enough.
7. Wall of flesh- Build a bridge and you can sleep on this fight. Dont and its total death.
8. Queen bee- Anoying stingers and charges. the bees really help though, they drop hearts. As long as you have a decent arena (2 platforms in the hive) you can outlast her.
9. Skeletron prime- Easiest mech boss by far. The laser is the only hard part about this fight, so destroy it and just focus on the head.
10. Destroyer- Daedalus stormbow+holy arrows or meteor staff kinda wrecks this boss. If you are doing a class playthrough with melee or summoner, its much harder though.
11. Lunatic cultist- This boss is fragile if you have grinded for good weapons, but if you have not he is really tanky. His attacks are also quite anoying to dodge, so this boss depends on how much time you wanna grind.
12. The twins- This boss is the first actually scary boss. Retinazer's lazers are super accurate and Spatazmatizm's flames deal serious damage. Second phase Retinazer's lasers start spamming and are almost impossible to dodge, and spatazmatizm charges really fast and has an insane cursed spit attack sure to kill you within seconds if you get stuck.
13. Plantera- This boss is almost impossible without a large arena. The first phase is kinda chill besides the bouncy balls (which blend in perfectly with the jungle background) so you just kinda need to run away. Second phase plantera is super fast and has anoying tentacles that are impossible to dodge. I am too lazy to build an arena like many other people, so plantera is insane.
14. Queen slime- Bullet hell death. First phase is kinda chill but second phase? NO. It flies through the air while spitting out TONS of slimes and just kills you in seconds. Not to mention the slam attack. Even the nurse can not survive this insane boss. Oh yeah... this is supposed to be PRE MECH BOSSES.
15. Moon lord- The phantasmal deathray now goes through blocks! It also deals enough damage to take away half your health! Also, dont forget the true eyes of cthulu and the small phantasmal deathrays! No wonder people use the nurse so much, its either that or rod of discord (or both for safety).
(I actually have not fought duke fishron or empress of light)
Note- I will update this list when I fight eol and duke fishron.
Event/Mini bosses (normal mode)-
1. Dark Mage- This mini boss does practically nothing when you fight him. He also has only 500 health, so if you fight him with decent pre hardmode weapons he dies really quickly. Also, his attacks do not even reach the crystal most of the time!
2. Pirate captain- I am actually suprised that this is considered a mini boss, but apparently according to the wiki it is. This mini boss can be killed pretty quickly as well with decent weapons. The reason that he is higher than dark mage is that his rapid-fire attack is annoying.
3. The mimics (corrupt, crimson and hallowed)- These mini bosses have pretty useless attacks that are easily avoidable. Only reason they are not the weakest mini/event boss is that they can spawn naturally and mess you up during farming.
4. Stardust pillar- This pillar has one half-decent enemy. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier than every other pillar.
5. Flying dutchman- This mini boss literally cheeses itself. The one attack that is ok that it has is the pirate spam attack.
6. Wyvern- the wiki considers this a mini boss so I will as well. This mini boss soars through the air and is fairly hard to kill. It is not a total pushover like the last five.
7. Solar pillar- All you have to do is stand still and spam a weapon. Why do people think this is so hard?
8. Vortex pillar- This pillar has some of the most annoying enemies in the game. It also has the distorted debuff which is 100% the most annoying debuff in the game.
9. Nebula pillar- This pillar is the hardest of the bunch. It has nebula floaters, which has pinpoint accuracy and deals tons of damage. Not to mention evolution beast's homing orbs that do not dissapear even after they die.
10. Ogre- This mini boss is super tanky. It also deals TONS of damage with it's attacks, and one can hit you while flying!
(Not all mini/event bosses are included, as I have not fought them all)
Expert mode (from memory, may not be good since I have not played expert in awhile and only bosses I fought and remember)-
1. Eye of Cthulhu- This boss is really easy as in expert mode you outlast him when he starts crazy-charging you.
2. Skeletron- This boss is really hard as I can not seem to get the circling technique down.
3. The twins- Literally impossible. Retinazer and spatazmatizm now deal more damage and transform earlier while being more accurate and fast.
(Note that I have defeatd eater of worlds, wall of flesh, destroyer and skeletron prime, I just do not remember them well enough to include them)