tModLoader Boxinator, a mod in a box to make boxes for boxing (aka lazy instant houses)

this is a good mod, but it would be MUCH BETTER if you just made the house that the mod makes better. ;-; I suggest replacing the vertical walls with platforms. this removes the need to add doors because the NPCs are quite unreachable as it is right now, and still counts as a house. this also causes the issue that you now have a huge wall at your base because it's all wood blocks, and prevents navigating left and right of your base efficiently. in fact, to save wood and for navigation, I build all my houses out of wooden platforms and only use wood blocks under the chair and workbench because that is the only place where whole blocks are necessary. a simple adjustment like that would make the mod 6547832 times better. this is of course if you don't want to implement the holy grail of solutions: personal customizability. I know that it's very hard to implement, and I don't blame you if you don't want to do it, but I feel like it will make this mod much more popular. Most likely top 10, if not top 5. anyway, changing the stock house to a better variant as I recommended would still be a tremendous improvement.
I could easily make variant boxinators with different options. One could be the "walls are platforms" variant you mention. I believe at some point I thought it would've been dope to have a boxinator that builds super compressed houses (2 houses fitting in a 5 tiles tall space for maximum efficiency). I might think about it.

I could easily make variant boxinators with different options. One could be the "walls are platforms" variant you mention. I believe at some point I thought it would've been dope to have a boxinator that builds super compressed houses (2 houses fitting in a 5 tiles tall space for maximum efficiency). I might think about it.
Thank you for considering my idea. The compressed house also sounds pretty good.

would it be possible to make a larger house? generally i don't like using small houses in my world... would that make me claustrophobic?

hello, will it be a problem if i take your code to make more variants of the houses? like, stone house, iron house, ice house, etc?

hello, will it be a problem if i take your code to make more variants of the houses? like, stone house, iron house, ice house, etc?
Not at all. The original code was made under commission and while I am still making sure the mod stays running, I don't have much of a motivation to improve it, although that doesn't mean I might not get back to it at some point in time. All my codes are open source and can be edited freely, all I really ask for is a shout out to the original source.

would it be possible to make a larger house? generally i don't like using small houses in my world... would that make me claustrophobic?
I seem to have missed this reply somehow. Probably because I'm dumb. But I wouldn't know because I'm dumb.

Short answer is yes. It somewhat depends on what kind of houses you're refering to. While I used an algorithm to make a simple box, it is very much possible to generate complex preset buildings based on a grid. For the sake of the commission, and my brain as it was my first time actually working with tiles, I went for a simple wooden box, just later I realized it could've been done a fair bit more efficiently and easily.

Was wondering if there was a way to improve the room scaling like size and all that is there a config for this or maybe even a different mod in general that does the same thing as your mod here?

Back
Top Bottom