Weapons & Equip Buffing Post Moon Lord Armors (except Nebula)

Dapling

Duke Fishron
Because there isn't anything after the Moon Lord, there isn't any real reason for the luminite armors to not be an absurdly broken reward for all of the player's hard work, especially considering that the nurse isn't going to be an option in 1.4. The Nebula Armor is a prime example of what these armors SHOULD be like. Here are a few ideas for buffing the three others as examples:
  • Each stack of Solar Flare Armor's Solar Shield now gives 15% damage reduction and melee damage. (was originally going to do 20% of both but that would have been absolutely busted, especially because of how much defense and damage Solar Flare Armor gives already.)
  • Vortex Armor's individual pieces no longer give ammo consumption reduction. Instead, the set bonus gives 100% chance not to consume ammo as well as the stealth ability it currently has. I feel like many people would love this change, as it would be a way to give endless ammo without adding a grindy pouch for everything.
  • The Stardust Guardian is done away with completely (Sorry, but just because it's a jojo reference doesn't mean it was powerful). Instead, every 100 damage dealt sends out an attack like a scaled down version of the Stardust Pillars', which spawns two random minions that despawn after 30 seconds or inflicting 500 damage each. Cannot Summon Baby Slimes (because they're far too weak and would just give I-Frames) or Stardust Dragons (Because having more than one Stardust Dragon would be absurd). Summoning one of the Twins summons the other Twin. This special ability has an internal cooldown of one second. Additionally, each piece of the armor now raises all damage by 3% as well as raising summon damage by 22%. This is to help hint to the player that summoner is meant to be played with other weapons (because red himself did say that).
A possible alternate way to buff Stardust Armor (thanks @Lamia Clause) is to make the Stardust Guardian inflict the sum of all the damage of your minions currently out.

Last edited:
Solar's A Good One, But How About Also Making It So You Also Have An Inferno Potion-Like Buff, Reaching Farther And Dealing More Damage For Higher Stacks Of Solar Blaze?

How About Instead Of Making You Invisible, How About Vortex Armor Allows You To Phase, Completely Invalidating All Damage
Taken And Dealt, And Making You Immobile? (And Not Like That Debuff Tesla Turrets Inflict.)

I like the proposed Solar Armour buff. I don't use Solar Armour because it means sacrificing the damage boost of the Beetle Armour. I also find the dash effect to be meh, but perhaps other players find it more useful than I do. (I also find Turtle Armour to be better for exploration and building - Thorns effect picks off the weak enemies so you don't need to switch from a tool to a weapon.)

While I understand providing a good reward for beating Moon Lord, I don't think 100% chance not to consume ammo with Vortex Armour is the way to go. Ranged is supposed to be about using ammo; if you can have one bullet + Vortex Armour, that kind of defeats the purpose of ranged attacks. A very high chance (e.g. 75%) not to consume ammo would still be good.

Stardust Armour's bonus is kind of broken. Enemies don't always target the Guardian, and you need to deploy the Guardian before it'll do anything. Even when deployed, it's not very strong. Something like Spore Sac, where the armour gives you some active minions would be nice. That could tie in with your suggestion that is summons a random shadow minion. After X damage / Y seconds, shadow minion disappears and a new one is summoned.

I like the proposed Solar Armour buff. I don't use Solar Armour because it means sacrificing the damage boost of the Beetle Armour. I also find the dash effect to be meh, but perhaps other players find it more useful than I do. (I also find Turtle Armour to be better for exploration and building - Thorns effect picks off the weak enemies so you don't need to switch from a tool to a weapon.)

While I understand providing a good reward for beating Moon Lord, I don't think 100% chance not to consume ammo with Vortex Armour is the way to go. Ranged is supposed to be about using ammo; if you can have one bullet + Vortex Armour, that kind of defeats the purpose of ranged attacks. A very high chance (e.g. 75%) not to consume ammo would still be good.

Stardust Armour's bonus is kind of broken. Enemies don't always target the Guardian, and you need to deploy the Guardian before it'll do anything. Even when deployed, it's not very strong. Something like Spore Sac, where the armour gives you some active minions would be nice. That could tie in with your suggestion that is summons a random shadow minion. After X damage / Y seconds, shadow minion disappears and a new one is summoned.
Sure, Ranger is about managing ammo, but there isn't really any need for it after moon lord. What was once engaging becomes tedious because no part of collecting materials for ammo is really a challenge to you anymore, and it would be fun to mess around with basically unlimited homing shots on bosses that once posed an issue to you. Your argument isn't really valid once gathering ammo isn't a challenge anymore, and post moon lord is a prime example of this.

I still think that that ability for stardust armor is good, because you can summon two temporary minions per second, essentially allowing you to have up to 71 minions if you really spam that ability.

Last edited:
Cool, but 100% not to consume ammo is way more overpowered than you think. That pretty much just ruins the game, the solar flare armor "buff" isnt even a buff though. It does half the damage reduction, with some extra damage. Also, adding minions that do 500 damage each just for having the stardust armor is crazy. Even the stardust dragon only does 1/12th of that
It's not overpowered because there's literally nothing left that poses a significant challenge to you, and therefore having to gather materials for ammo is no longer engaging or fun, but tedious and easy to begin with.

I did not nerf the Solar Flare armor. I said 15% damage reduction and melee damage per stack, meaning that it builds up to 45% damage reduction AND 45% melee damage (which is how much damage three stacks of nebula boosters does, by the way.)

You didn't read the summoner part carefully enough.
Two random minions that despawn after 30 seconds or after inflicting 500 damage each.
Meaning that the minions do the amount of damage they normally do, but disappear once they have inflicted 500 damage. It's actually not outrageously powerful, but you can spam such a massive swarm of minions anyway (2 per second) that it would still end up being godlike at pve.

Last edited:
Post Moon lord content is all about being as exaggeratedly strong as possible.

Each stack of Solar Flare Armor's Solar Shield now gives 15% damage reduction and melee damage. (was originally going to do 20% of both but that would have been absolutely busted, especially because of how much defense and damage Solar Flare Armor gives already.)

I would've just made the dash always active, but this is really cool as well.

The Stardust Guardian is done away with completely (Sorry, but just because it's a jojo reference doesn't mean it was powerful). Instead, Double Tapping down sends out an attack like a scaled down version of the Stardust Pillars', which spawns two random minions that despawn after 30 seconds or inflicting 500 damage each. Cannot Summon Baby Slimes (because they're far too weak and would just give I-Frames) or Stardust Dragons (Because having more than one Stardust Dragon would be absurd). Summoning one of the Twins summons the other Twin. This special ability has an internal cooldown of one second. Additionally, each piece of the armor now raises all damage by 3% as well as raising summon damage by 22%. This is to help hint to the player that summoner is meant to be played with other weapons (because red himself did say that).

Uhh... I don't think this is good. I mean, it's infinitely better than the current set bonus but that's mostly because anything would be. This would have you spamming double tap which is just annoying and unnecessary with how strong the Dragon is. I don't really like things that are this reliant on RNG.

How about fixing the Guardian instead of removing him? I don't think the gimmick of him distracting enemies can ever work properly, so you'd have to do something else. I had the little idea of making him absorb 15% of all damage taken when passive, and increasing his base damage to a whooping 500 when active. That's still not as good as the other sets but it's what i thought of.

Post Moon lord content is all about being as exaggeratedly strong as possible.

I would've just made the dash always active, but this is really cool as well.

Uhh... I don't think this is good. I mean, it's infinitely better than the current set bonus but that's mostly because anything would be. This would have you spamming double tap which is just annoying and unnecessary with how strong the Dragon is. I don't really like things that are this reliant on RNG.

How about fixing the Guardian instead of removing him? I don't think the gimmick of him distracting enemies can ever work properly, so you'd have to do something else. I had the little idea of making him absorb 15% of all damage taken when passive, and increasing his base damage to a whooping 500 when active. That's still not as good as the other sets but it's what i thought of.
A different idea that I had for activation was that rather than double tap down, it just activated every time the player inflicted 100 damage. I just don't know how to balance that kind of thing.

For example, the clemtaminator not requiring ammo is extreme.

For what reason, exactly? Clentaminator ammo isn't hard to get (especially for an endgame character), and even if it was Rangers can still stack a ton of ammo reduction buffs to make a stack practically permanent, and even if they couldn't the Clentaminator price is at the bottom of the list of reasons that make using it a pain.

All this would do is save an endgame character the 10 minutes it takes them to beat a Pumpkin moon and get 30+ platinum from it.

So, i misread the summoner part, but the solar part, it was a nerf. Solar armor doesnt work the same as beetle or nebula. It gives the same buff for each stack, all the stacks do is make it so it lasts when you get hit.
just because that's not how it works currently doesn't mean it couldn't be changed to work that way. 15% per stack doesn't have it's definition changed by the fact that that's not the current system.

Also, getting green solution has the entire challenge removed by farming literally anything.

I see your point, Nebula is overpowered. Nebula is overpowered for a reason though, the devs decided to give Magic outlandish abilities because it's magical in exchange for the smallest defense of the three main classes (Melee, Ranged, Magic).

I see your point, Nebula is overpowered. Nebula is overpowered for a reason though, the devs decided to give Magic outlandish abilities because it's magical in exchange for the smallest defense of the three main classes (Melee, Ranged, Magic).
Yes, but nebula armor shouldn't be better melee (and debatably ranged) armor than vortex and solar.

Back
Top Bottom