Buffing The Frost Legion!

Discussion in 'NPCs & Enemies' started by Bry-ccentric, Oct 8, 2015.

?

Do You Support This?

1. Yes, Why Do You Think I'm Here, Pal?

2. I Have A Suggestion Or Two! (Mind Telling Me?)

3. No, Doesn't Interest Me.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

The Frost Legion is crap.
    "HEY LOOK AT THAT SNOWM-" *gets crushed by copper shortsword*
    I am going to:
    1) Raise the Present drop-rate of these enemies to 12%.
    [​IMG]
    2) Remove resistance to On FIre!, Cursed Inferno and Shadowflame, and grant immunity to Chilled, Frostburn and Frozen.
    3) Give them rare drops and better money drops.
    4) Give the Snowmen the ability to traverse platforms.
    5) Add that one unused enemy.

[​IMG]
    6) Make the Snow Globe craftable with 10 Glass, 10 Snow, 2 Iron/Lead, and 5 Souls of Might, Sight OR Fright.
    [​IMG]
    7) Shut up and start.
    Also these guys need a Better AI than literally every enemy in the game. As in they can figure out how to traverse blocks, making Snow Balla snowmen far more lethal.

The Frost Legion - Reborn

Mister Stabby - Buffed
    [​IMG]

Ok, this guy is weak. It's Main Attack is CONTACT. AND IT LEAVES ITSELF VURNERABLE.
    Damage is now tripled when stabbing, and will only stab when under 5 blocks away from you, stopping immediately if farther than that.
    Also moves 25% faster and inflicts Bleed (100%) for a good 45 seconds (90 seconds in Expert).
    AI: Snowman
    DMG: 70 Normal, 210 Stabbing (140 Normal, 420 Stabbing EX)
    HP: 300 (600 EX)
    DEF: 30
    KBR: 50% (60% EX)
    Drops:
    8 [​IMG]
    5-10 [​IMG]
    Mister Stabby Banner (Every 50 kills) [​IMG]
    Rare Drops:
    Mister Scarfy (2% Chance to drop from Mister Stabby)
    [​IMG]
    Stabby Knife (1% Chance to drop from Mister Stabby) [​IMG]
    Snoyo (0.04% Drop Chance) [​IMG]
    Snowman Gangsta - Buffed
    [​IMG]

So this guy upgraded to Frost Bullets and Snowballs, both of which he had custom-made. And he figured out how to shoot at a 45-degree angle, as well as directly up or down.
    It now has two attacks, which are initiated after it reloads with a 50% chance each.
    It'll either shoot Frost Bullets every 0.5 seconds for 2.5 seconds, or shoot a massive spread of 5 - 10 Snowballs (8 - 16 in Expert), which don't trigger players' Invincibility, meaning you COULD get hit by all the snowballs, which COULD instantly kill you. If it takes 3 seconds to reload, it's gonna shoot bullets, but if it takes 5, it'll shoot snowballs.
    DMG: 65 Contact, 70 Bullet and 40 Snowball (130 Contact, 140 Bullet and 40 Snowball)
    HP: 325 (650 EX)
    DEF: 25
    Drops:
    10 [​IMG]
    5-10 [​IMG]
    Snowman Gangsta Banner (Every 50 kills) [​IMG]
    Rare Drops:
    Gangsta Hat (2% chance to drop from a Snowman Gangsta)
    [​IMG]
    Gangsta Shotgun (1% chance to drop from a Snowman Gangsta) [​IMG]
    Snow Balla - Buffed
    [​IMG]

Throw a snowball every second that does NOT, I repeat, does NOT place Snow Blocks.
    Unless it can't reach you. Then it will place blocks to reach you, even in the air. And will do so in a way that makes it so other snowman can easily get to you.

Throwing speed increases by 400% if out of reach. When about 15 blocks away, will start throwing Large Snowballs which deal much more damage than a normal Snowball. Those can't place blocks, no matter what, though if trying to get to you, it won't use them anyways.
    DMG: 65 Contact, 40 Snowball, 90 Large Snowball (130 Contact, 80 Snowball, 180 Large Snowball EX)
    HP: 280 (560 EX)
    DEF: 25
    Drops:
    5 [​IMG]
    5-10 [​IMG]
    Snow Balla Banner (Every 50 kills) [​IMG]
    Rare Drops:
    Balla Hat (2% chance to drop from a Snow Balla)
    [​IMG]
    Ball-arm (1% chance to drop from a Snow Balla) [​IMG]
    Snowman Bomba (Renamed from Exploding Snowman)
    [​IMG]

So I noticed this guy went unused. Why's that?
    It explodes when it touches a player, NPC or Lava (or when it, you know, dies).
    Explosions from touching a friendly entity (or you) hurt only friendly entities, including Critters.
    Dying from a player, Friendly NPC or another Snowman Bomba blows up his friends.

Lava and Traps? You and NPCs only.
    As fast as Mister Stabby.
    Explosions never hurt tiles.
    DMG: 200 (400 EX)
    HP: 1000 (2000 EX)
    DEF: 40
    KBR: 100%
    Drops:
    40 [​IMG]
    5-10 [​IMG]
    1 [​IMG] (100%)
    Exploding Snowman Banner (Every 50 Kills)
    [​IMG]
    Rare Drops:
    Bomba Dynamite (1.5% chance to drop from a Snowman Bomba instead of Dynamite)
    [​IMG]

Slushman
    [​IMG]

I'll admit to this now, I DID get this idea from another suggestion.
    I SWEAR IT'S NOT THE SAME THOUGH. I already have a mini-boss, anyways.
    This guy is the result of snowmen that stay near a non-Frozen Campfire for too long (8 seconds). Slushmen can't move, but they act as solid blocks, meaning enemies can't walk past them, and can jump on it (and you can, too). Slushmen slowly die, losing health at -6 HP/s. If a snowman turns to a Slushman on top of another Slushman, it will fall through it.

The Slushman is NOT immune to cold debuffs, but Frostburn will instead heal it, and if it's inflicted for 10 seconds it reverts back to the snowman it was beforehand.
    DMG: None
    HP: 720 (1440 EX)
    DEF: 0 (35 EX)
    KBR: 100%
    Drops:
    5-10 [​IMG]
    Slushman Banner (Every 50 kills) [​IMG] (Will double their death speed as well)

Rare Drops:
    Snowman Slime
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

These come in Small, Medium and Large sizes.
    The Large one breaks into 2 Small Snowmen Slimes when killed.
    Also replace 50% of forest slimes during Christmas, the other 50% being replaced by Present Slimes. Spawn twice as much as Mister Stabbies.
    AI: Slime
    DMG: 85 Small, 105 Medium and 125 Large (170 Small, 210 Medium and 250 Large EX)
    HP: 190 Small, 225 Medium and 260 Large (380 Small, 450 Medium and 520 Large EX)
    DEF: 15 Small, 20 Medium and 30 Large (24 Small, 32 Medium and 48 Large EX)
    KBR: 45% Small, 65% Medium and 85% Large (55% Small, 75% Medium and 95% Large EX)
    Drops:
    5 S, 6 M, 7 L [​IMG]
    1 S and L, 2-4 M Gel (White) [​IMG]
    1 S and L, 2-4 M [​IMG]
    Snowman Slime Banner (Every 50 kills) [​IMG]
    Rare Drops:
    Snoyo (0.01% Drop Chance, only if spawned during the event) [​IMG]
    Also spawn as a stack of three.

Snowman Slime Stack
    [​IMG]

The first sprite is what it looks like when it spawns as a stack, the 2nd is when the Small Slime is killed, the 3rd is when the Medium Slime is killed, the 4th is when the Large Slime is killed and the 5th is them all showing their faces when preparing to jump you.
    It consists of a Small Slime on a Medium Slime on a Large Slime. When it hops, the whole stack hops at once, and if you go near it, it'll prepare to perform a special jump where the stack jumps, then the Medium Slime hops off of the Large Slime, then the Small Slime hops off of the Medium Slime, separating the entities fully. Snowmen Slime Stacks either spawn as a whole, or can be created when Snowmen Slimes jump on top of each other. The higher slimes slightly wobble from side to side while stacked.
    10% chance of spawning as a stack instead of an individual Snowman Slime.

Loot
    Stabby Knife (Thanks @Folinhu !)
    [​IMG]

The Melee Clockwork Assault Rifle.
    Swings in front of you 3 times - like a longer shortsword - with increasing damage with every stab you land. Extremely close range, not recommended for bosses.

Type: Weapon
    Damage: 40 + 7 for every consecutive stab (Bonus resets after 2 seconds of not dealing damage with this; you can very quickly switch weapons if needed)
    Knockback: 3 (Very Weak)
    CRIT Chance: 5%
    Use Time: 15 (Very Fast)

Debuff: [​IMG] Bleeding (25 seconds, 100% chance)
    Rarity: Light Red
    Sell: 1 [​IMG]
    Snoyo
    [​IMG]

0.04% drop chance from all Frost Legion enemies except for the 0.01% for Snowman Slimes.
    This neat Yoyo fires Snowballs at enemies every second that act the same, in terms of gravity, as normal Snowballs, but deal 20% more damage than the Snoyo itself.
    The snowballs slow down enemies with Chilled for 10 seconds.
    Damage: 45 Yoyo, 54 Snowballs
    Knockback: 3 (Very Weak)
    CRIT Chance: 4%

Use Time: 24
    Velocity: 16
    Debuff: [​IMG] Chilled (Snowballs only, 10 seconds, 100% chance)

Debuff Tooltip: Your movement speed has been reduced.
    Tommy's Gun
    [​IMG]

He never knew what hit 'im.

Musket Balls and Silver Bullets are now turned into Ice Bullets, inflicting Frostburn with every shot. AND it shoots Snowballs. IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE! `:cry:
    Firing with Bullets makes you shoot 5 times (functions like the Clockwork Assault Rifle, only consuming 1 Bullet), shooting 5-8 bullets every time, each shot with a delay of a 1/3 second. Firing with Snowballs, however, makes you shoot from 8 to 12 Snowballs at once (again, only consuming 1 Snowball), and the Snowballs each have a 25% chance of inflicting Chilled for 10 seconds. This gun does NOT benefit from Ammo Reservation bonuses or the buff.

Damage: 30 (Ranged)
    Knockback: 5 (Average)
    CRIT Chance: 4%
    Use Time: 25 (Average)
    Velocity: 10
    Tooltip: Put 'em up!
    Rarity:
    Light Red
    Ice Bullet
    [​IMG]

Dropped by Snowman Gangstas and crafted with a Frost Core, making 250.
    It's a bullet that inflicts Frostburn.
    That's literally it. No pierce, no ricochet or anything, nada.
    Type: Ammunition
    Damage: 15 (Ranged)
    Knockback: 4 (Weak)
    Velocity: 3

Debuff: [​IMG] Frostburn (11 seconds, 100% chance)
    Debuff Tooltip: It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts.

Rarity: Orange
    Sell: No value
    Ball-arm
    [​IMG]

1% chance of dropping from a Snow Balla.
    It's a Bone Glove for Snowballs.
    When used, it consumes 1 Snowball. The Snowball flies the same distance as a Blowpipe Seed. The Snowball can bounce off a surface once, and will then break on the next collision. Bounces off an infinite amount of enemies. Snowballs inflict Chilled for 20 seconds. There's a 20% chance of throwing 2 Snowballs instead of 1, and a 10% chance for each Snowball to be 2x2 (as in the height and width of a four-block square). Chances for 2x2 Snowballs are separate for when throwing double Snowballs, meaning you could throw a singular normal Snowball, or you could throw two large Snowballs. On a collision a Large Snowball bursts into 3 normal-sized Snowballs which fly in the general direction of enemies.
    DMG: 40 (90 for the Large Snowballs)
    Knockback: 3.5 (Weak, 7 [Strong] for the Large Snowballs)
    CRIT Chance: 8%
    Use Time: 20 (Very Fast)
    Velocity: 22
    Tooltip: 'ey Balla-Balla-Balla!
    Debuff: [​IMG] Chilled (20 seconds, 100% chance)
    Debuff Tooltip: It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts.
    Rarity:
    Light Red
    Bomba Dynamite (Thanks @wCrane !)
    [​IMG]

1% chance of dropping from a Snowman Bomba.
    This thing lets you become a suicide bomber. On a death, you explode as if you were Dynamite, dealing 500 damage to nearby enemies.
    You'll also explode 20% of the time when you get hit, even if the hit didn't kill you.

Type: Accessory / Crafting Material
    Damage:
    Reflect
    Tooltip: Somebody has an explosive temper...
    Sell: 20 [​IMG]
    Snowite Shield
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

1% chance of dropping from the Snow Bounca.
    Gives DEF. The shield protects the front of your hitbox, destroying projectiles that hit it (So, back hits still hurt you), and halves D.o.T debuffs' damage.

Also triples duration of the Reflect effect of the Brand of the Inferno, and makes it so guarding with it reflects projectiles and knocks back enemies instead of dealing damage.
    Type: Accessory / Crafting Material
    DEF: 3
    Tooltip: Protects you from forward projectiles and painful lingering debuffs.
    Rarity:
    Pink
    Sell: 1 [​IMG] 50 [​IMG]
    Mister Scarfy (Thanks @Folinhu !)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    2% chance of dropping from Mister Stabby.
    Wear a cozy scarf!
    Type: Vanity
    Body Slot: Social Helmet

Rarity: Blue
    Gangsta Hat / Balla Hat (Thanks @Warpshard !)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2% chance to drop from the respective Snowmen instead of being sold by the Clothier. Resemble the hats worn by the Snowman Gangsta and Snow Balla.

Bounca Shades
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1% chance of being dropped by a Snow Bounca.
    They sure are swood.

Sell: 5 [​IMG]

Mini-Boss - Snow Bounca
    [​IMG]

It's tough and guards its fellow snowmen, hanging out in front of them to absorb damage.
    The Snow Bounca's Shield nullifies piercing attacks and destroys projectiles (Yes, even your precious Last Prism won't do anything to it). Debuffs dealt to other Snowmen do 50% less damage when the Snow Bounca is nearby. The Snow Bounca himself is immune to all Debuffs (even Dryad's Bane, Celled and Daybroken), and has a truckload of defense, even without the Shield. The Snow Bounca moves 25% slower than Mister Stabby and spawns half as often as him. The Snow Bounca will pause periodically and start guarding, which doubles its defense while standing still and grants immunity to all debuffs to all nearby snowmen.
    There can only be three Snow Bouncas at any time.
    The Snow Bounca is weak to the Oiled debuff. Inflict that, and On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, Shadowflame and even Frostburn will hurt him (though Oiled's bonus damage won't take effect). Unlike every other snowman, though, Oiled wears off for the Bounca after 12 seconds.

DMG: 100
    HP: 7500 (12500 EX)
    DEF: 60, 120 when guarding
    KBR: 92% (100% EX)
    Drops:
    40 [​IMG]
    7-12 [​IMG]
    Snow Guard Banner (Every 50 kills)

[​IMG]
    Rare Drops:
    Bounca Shades (5% chance to drop from a Snow Bounca)
    [​IMG]
    Snowite Shield (2% chance to drop from a Snow Bounca)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. Bluegreen

Bluegreen Skeletron Prime

Nice!
    Full support on this one from me.
    I'll keep watch for more additions, assuming there will be more.

Bry-ccentric likes this.
  3. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

There Will, Don't You Worry!

4. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

I Thought Presents Dropped Snow Globes In HM. `:confused:

5. yugiohhero

yugiohhero Plantera

The Capitals Like This Kind Of Hurt My Eyes. I Also Did Not Like The Bright White Text. Also Hard On My Eyes.

Seriously though, I like this.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    thecoolkni likes this.
  6. Warpshard

Warpshard Retinazer

I like it. Although, you need to describe the Gangsta Shotgun, even if it's a direct upgrade from the normal Shotgun or the Tactical Shotgun.

Also, maybe give the Snowman Gangsta and Snow Balla a small chance to drop their respective hats? It wouldn't interfere with how they are obtained normally (buying them from the Clothier), it'd just be a fun little addition to get them from the Snowmen.

7. MadCat

MadCat Steampunker

Nice to see this come up. Of course I support.

8. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

Well, I Can Try A Bit More For The Shotgun, Even Though I Kinda Sorta Did.
    I Forgot About The Hats. ':eek:

9. Treesmasher

Treesmasher Golem

Now this is a suggestion I can see going places! Enjoy my support!

Bry-ccentric likes this.
  10. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

Added The Loot Section And Loot!

11. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

Added The Snowman Slime!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

thecoolkni likes this.
  12. thecoolkni

thecoolkni Terrarian

Very nice. If I may make a suggestion, a mini-boss might be interesting. Most events have one, and it would certainly make the Frost Legion a fun event. :)

13. Alpha_Steboh

Alpha_Steboh Terrarian

What they said.

Maybe some kinda Snowman Don? Bigger, may have some BIG GUNS for BIG DAMAGE.

14. felis

felis Terrarian

But the drop rate of present is 7.69% now.

Maybe the damage is too high in expert(not all damage are doubled in expert, like the skeleton sniper), and enough to kill even end-game player in one hit.

15. YoshiGator

YoshiGator Terrarian

The money they drop is wayyyyy too much I mean 70 silver!? and one is 1 gold holy crap people would use this to get rich quick. something around 10 silver or under would fit

16. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

It's Hardmode. They're GONNA Drop More Money.
    I'm Fairly Sure.
    Plus They'd Be Pretty Strong If This Was Added.

--- Double Post Merged, Oct 9, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 9, 2015 ---
    Oh, What? I Didn't Know This. `:confused:
    Also, DMG Probably Shouldn't Be That High. Lemme Go Fix It.
    Oh, Hey, Someone Guessed What I Planned To Do! I Was Gonna Add One, Not Sure What I Should Do, Though. `:confused:

17. YoshiGator

YoshiGator Terrarian

yeah but even endgame enemies dont drop that much around 20 silver for a kill if theyre the hardest in the game

Bry-ccentric and thecoolkni like this.
  18. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

But This Is An Event.

19. Trollface420

Trollface420 Eye of Cthulhu

I think you have SERIOUSLY overdone it here! 1 gold coin to drop from a Gangsta Snowman??? I know you want the Frost Legion to be more exciting to fight but you have buffed it too much. 175 damage for EACH shotgun shell??? :eek: That's 175x5=875 damage per SHOT. I'm sorry if this offends you but you need to act upon this for the greater good. Probably drop the damage and defence of certain enemies by a bit then I'll give support.

YoshiGator and Bry-ccentric like this.
  20. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

Sooooooo...
    Make The Legion's Power Between My Current And The Before?
    I Can Change The Money.

And I Meant For 175 To Be The Total DMG, Whoops.