Weapons & Equip Buildbot [Builder Accessory!]

Lyra

Skeletron
So, you guys know the Traveling Merchant.
Traveling_Merchant.png

You know his infuriating RNG principles, right?

Well, sometimes you get lucky, and can buy things like this:
Brick_Layer.png

Portable_Cement_Mixer.png

Extendo_Grip.png

In order, these are the brick layer, the cement mixer, and the extendo grip. They're accessories that speed up tile and wall placement, and increase your reach.

The problem lies with the fact that they're all separate accessories, and take up a lot of space for such a mundane utility.

Let's add a tinker, shall we?

gHmvG3J.png

The BuildBot

It does everything the above three do.

Simple, eh?

Since building barely affects actual combat (to a degree), I like this, helps with building when time comes for it. This accessory would make it easier for people to have their building setup with out losing much accessory space, meaning they can keep most of their combat ones on with 1 or 2 being for the builder stuff.

The laser ruler thing coming out for 1.3 should be added to this bunch or the next tinker for it. Builder Bot to Constructron. :p

This is great, it would have no effect to combat so it can't be nerfed, and it can't be OP. There is no reason to not like this.

Yay, a positive reception!

I just figured this was one of those things that were missing.

Also, if you posted a similar suggestion some time back I'm sorry, because I have no idea what one would phrase a google search for something like this, in order to find older topics.

I freaking love building! I can't find a reason this shouldn't be added. Should have already existed in my opinion.

Sounds great. It would be nice if we could throw the Toolbox and Toolbelt in too, for extra extra reach. Then again, Toolbox is a rare Christmas present so maybe not.

Sounds great. It would be nice if we could throw the Toolbox and Toolbelt in too, for extra extra reach. Then again, Toolbox is a rare Christmas present so maybe not.
Probably make that a tinker with this tinker, so you don't need to gather everything at once before you craft it, like how the Ankh Charm is split up into several smaller accessories.

And if you can come up with a good name and tell me what on EARTH that would look like, be my guest, because the mixer with a claw and sprayer for the BuildBot was pushing it quite a bit in my opinion.

The name BuildBot is great, no need to improve on it IMO. I'd try spriting it but I'm busy lining the floor and ceiling of my coast-to-coast Mine Cart railway with wood so Crimson can't spread along them. :dryadsmile:

The name BuildBot is great, no need to improve on it IMO. I'd try spriting it but I'm busy lining the floor and ceiling of my coast-to-coast Mine Cart railway with wood so Crimson can't spread along them. :dryadsmile:
No, the name isn't the problem, it's the sprite. What would a combination of a tool belt, a tool box, a robot arm thingy, a cement mixer and brick layer look like?

Don't know, but I'll bet it could Make Mountains of Cole Slaw in Seconds. It's a-MAY-zing!
I don't get it.

Seriously, what? If you're going to make a joke about a do-everything tool, make it about julienne fries.
And slicing, and dicing.
Or something.

Point is, that doesn't really fit. Nice try, though :)

We must've seen different adverts. The "cole slaw" line was popular on late-night television for a while, back when I had a receiving set. (None now, and I get more stuff done.)

Anyway, I've no idea what it ought to look like. Bet someone else can, though, someone better at pixel art than I am.

Back
Top Bottom