tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,453 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,588 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
is there an easy wway to summon/grind the sand elementals/sandstorms for the rare wwaifu in a bottle? i am 1 item awway from the heart of the elements

is it bad when in an expert world I cant even get the DoG to half health with all positive potions, a weapon that does 311 base damage and heals me, 900 health, constantly going to the nurse, and a over 40 attempts? I literally dont know what to do at this point im out of influence to keep playing this mod since i know i cant get to the rest of the bosses without killing this stupid boss

Nope. From what I can understand, DoG is overbuffed. i've not fought its most recent incarnation yet, but when I last played in like January DoG was already the hardest boss in the mod by far, and word is he's been buffed a time or two since this. For what reason, I don't know.

Nope. From what I can understand, DoG is overbuffed. i've not fought its most recent incarnation yet, but when I last played in like January DoG was already the hardest boss in the mod by far, and word is he's been buffed a time or two since this. For what reason, I don't know.

ok good because now im over 60 attempts and i still havent even gotten him under half health in any of those attempts yet. I give up, im just going to use cheats to kill him (i think its bad when a boss is stronger than the bosses that come after him)

Last edited:
is it bad when in an expert world I cant even get the DoG to half health with all positive potions, a weapon that does 311 base damage and heals me, 900 health, constantly going to the nurse, and a over 40 attempts? I literally dont know what to do at this point im out of influence to keep playing this mod since i know i cant get to the rest of the bosses without killing this stupid boss
no, its supposed to be that way. do what gameraiders did, he destroyed that thing

is the, and I quote, "something else more powerful than her" in the providence lore suggest a profained-themed superboss?

Should I play this mod now or wait for it to be completely finished? Just finish thorium and looking for something else to play. (why is the update 0% btw)

Hello, I recently started playing this Mod and I really enjoyed it, I wanted to just give some thoughts about the experiance me and two friends had playing it.

We decided that one person will be melee, one ranged and one mage. We started over and this was the only mod active (Later we added the boss health bar mod).

All the bosses were pretty amazing and thrilling, and the music you made for some is really amazing aswell~.
My personal favourite bosses are Cryogen, Calamitas(doppleganger), Plaguebringer Goliath.

The difficulty of them is pretty good for it's place, before hardmode the one that was the toughest to beat as we went was the Hive mind, was tough with all those minions and then finding out that we only beat the first form of it and now it's actually moving and attacking us aswell, with a full new health bar.

In hardmode Cryogen was a bit difficult when he started flying into us and eating us, we died pretty quickly except the melee person once that happened. But all in all it was doable~.

Brimstone elemental was, pretty confusing, it is extremely difficult to keep track of where it is if you look for it's visuals, I was forced to look at the minimap and shoot in the general direction, yet as a Mage if I summoned it solo it wouldn't fly around like crazy but just stay inside of me constantly, but the moment the melee player appeared it would start moving all over again.

The Leviathan is a bit... too easy, the melee person baited the leviathan away from the "Siren Lure" and me and the ranged friend were able to just take it down without problems, So might be something to look into hehe~.

After Moon lord thoo, it all slowly falls appart thoo.

Profaned Guardians is alright, was pretty hard with it's explosion flares near low health. but right after that boss there's issues.

Providence can be summoned in the hallow and hell, we summoned it in the hallow but it was invulnerable to any damage, After a few tries thinking we have to survive untill some stage I decided to summon it and dig into the underground hallow, but it was still invulnerable, the only way to make it damage-able was to bring it to hell. Not sure if that's a bug or intended but on the wiki it says Hallow or Underworld.

Sentinels of the Devourer...
Ceasless Void was pretty easy with the combo of a huge sword and magic that shoots trough walls.
Storm Weaver, by far the most annoying one as it swarms you with probes that make you unable to do anything and the moment they touch you it's over, expecially in stage 2 cause there's so many they just make you unable to do anything but watch untill you die, we were able to beat it after alot of tries, also if you fight it in the sky or anywhere that's not on the ground there's a high chance it will randomly de-spawn.
Signus, he's alright, a nice boss but I'm not sure if it's intended or a glitch but when he dashes at someone and proceeds to 'Eat them' by staying inside the player, if he kills that player he automatically despawns even if there are other 2 players around him, which lead to some frustration.

The Devourer of Gods
Pretty much the boss that forced us to quit trying after like 100 tries, in the first 6 seconds of the battle he spawns like 20 probes that just eat one player at a time, again, the moment they touch you all you can do is quit and watch as you die as you are unable to do anything as they keep making you unable to do anything repeatedly as they damage you, which makes the only way to fight the boss is to run like crazy and shoot backwards hoping you hit the head, which for some reason at random times despawns the boss (And if you run out of room to run and have to switch direction there's a swarm of probes that will eat you for breakfast). And at some random times not sure why but he would start flying at LIGHTSPEED just zooming by left then right, trying to eat us, the speed being apsurd making you unable to hit him.

But that aside, untill post Moon-lord everything is pretty nice~. There's so much items to make, so much weapons to use, most the time there's just so many weapons that you're unsure which one to use~. However I do notice a distinct focus on melee as a build, because as a mage I had to use some defence focused accessories and reforge everything to warding, because well, any other way and every boss devastates me super fast, it's not too big of an issue thoo~.

As far as regular mobs goes they are all really nice and work well, however past moon-lord the profaned monsters can sometimes spawn way too commonly, to the point that you can't even heal and prepare for a boss fight x3;

Oh and the prepare to die/cry edition thing can sometimes glitch up that it shows it the opposide to the host as it really is (Host see's normal mode, others see prepare to cry mode, but in reality it's prepare to cry mode which results in boss having 1 000 000/100 000 health for example). If anyone runs into that just make it normal mode for the other players, then shut it down, start in singleplayer then put to normal mode and host again~.

Well that's some of my thoughts on the mod, I'm aware it's meanth to be played singleplayer, but it doesn't hurt to see how it works in multiplayer~.

All in all awesome work guys, this mod is alot of fun~, keep up the good work~.

Hello, I recently started playing this Mod and I really enjoyed it, I wanted to just give some thoughts about the experiance me and two friends had playing it.

We decided that one person will be melee, one ranged and one mage. We started over and this was the only mod active (Later we added the boss health bar mod).

All the bosses were pretty amazing and thrilling, and the music you made for some is really amazing aswell~.
My personal favourite bosses are Cryogen, Calamitas(doppleganger), Plaguebringer Goliath.

The difficulty of them is pretty good for it's place, before hardmode the one that was the toughest to beat as we went was the Hive mind, was tough with all those minions and then finding out that we only beat the first form of it and now it's actually moving and attacking us aswell, with a full new health bar.

In hardmode Cryogen was a bit difficult when he started flying into us and eating us, we died pretty quickly except the melee person once that happened. But all in all it was doable~.

Brimstone elemental was, pretty confusing, it is extremely difficult to keep track of where it is if you look for it's visuals, I was forced to look at the minimap and shoot in the general direction, yet as a Mage if I summoned it solo it wouldn't fly around like crazy but just stay inside of me constantly, but the moment the melee player appeared it would start moving all over again.

The Leviathan is a bit... too easy, the melee person baited the leviathan away from the "Siren Lure" and me and the ranged friend were able to just take it down without problems, So might be something to look into hehe~.

After Moon lord thoo, it all slowly falls appart thoo.

Profaned Guardians is alright, was pretty hard with it's explosion flares near low health. but right after that boss there's issues.

Providence can be summoned in the hallow and hell, we summoned it in the hallow but it was invulnerable to any damage, After a few tries thinking we have to survive untill some stage I decided to summon it and dig into the underground hallow, but it was still invulnerable, the only way to make it damage-able was to bring it to hell. Not sure if that's a bug or intended but on the wiki it says Hallow or Underworld.

Sentinels of the Devourer...
Ceasless Void was pretty easy with the combo of a huge sword and magic that shoots trough walls.
Storm Weaver, by far the most annoying one as it swarms you with probes that make you unable to do anything and the moment they touch you it's over, expecially in stage 2 cause there's so many they just make you unable to do anything but watch untill you die, we were able to beat it after alot of tries, also if you fight it in the sky or anywhere that's not on the ground there's a high chance it will randomly de-spawn.
Signus, he's alright, a nice boss but I'm not sure if it's intended or a glitch but when he dashes at someone and proceeds to 'Eat them' by staying inside the player, if he kills that player he automatically despawns even if there are other 2 players around him, which lead to some frustration.

The Devourer of Gods
Pretty much the boss that forced us to quit trying after like 100 tries, in the first 6 seconds of the battle he spawns like 20 probes that just eat one player at a time, again, the moment they touch you all you can do is quit and watch as you die as you are unable to do anything as they keep making you unable to do anything repeatedly as they damage you, which makes the only way to fight the boss is to run like crazy and shoot backwards hoping you hit the head, which for some reason at random times despawns the boss (And if you run out of room to run and have to switch direction there's a swarm of probes that will eat you for breakfast). And at some random times not sure why but he would start flying at LIGHTSPEED just zooming by left then right, trying to eat us, the speed being apsurd making you unable to hit him.

But that aside, untill post Moon-lord everything is pretty nice~. There's so much items to make, so much weapons to use, most the time there's just so many weapons that you're unsure which one to use~. However I do notice a distinct focus on melee as a build, because as a mage I had to use some defence focused accessories and reforge everything to warding, because well, any other way and every boss devastates me super fast, it's not too big of an issue thoo~.

As far as regular mobs goes they are all really nice and work well, however past moon-lord the profaned monsters can sometimes spawn way too commonly, to the point that you can't even heal and prepare for a boss fight x3;

Oh and the prepare to die/cry edition thing can sometimes glitch up that it shows it the opposide to the host as it really is (Host see's normal mode, others see prepare to cry mode, but in reality it's prepare to cry mode which results in boss having 1 000 000/100 000 health for example). If anyone runs into that just make it normal mode for the other players, then shut it down, start in singleplayer then put to normal mode and host again~.

Well that's some of my thoughts on the mod, I'm aware it's meanth to be played singleplayer, but it doesn't hurt to see how it works in multiplayer~.

All in all awesome work guys, this mod is alot of fun~, keep up the good work~.
Thanks for the critique on our mod my dude~some of the more "glitchy" things you listed such as signus despawning, brimstone elemental being erratic or the demon trophy not displaying correctly are probably due to the mod not being as heavily multiplayer focused as other mods (it can do real weird stuff at times), although I'm not too sure about that providence one, perhaps its surface hallow only and you flew too high? or maybe a result of not all players being close enough to the ground, not too sure on that one in particular. DoG only goes super fast when you're on the ground, the closer to the ground the faster he gets, also pretty sure the asgards valour gives immunity to frozen and chilled, making stasis probes a mere annoyance. If there's any solace the DoGs warped debuff has been nerfed in the upcoming update as well as a couple changes to make him more managable in future patches. All in all alot of the issues seem to be due to multiplayer being a bit weird with player deaths or boss targeting, like I said though we appreciate you guys for playing and enjoying the mod as a whole :p

Like I said I understand that it's meanth to be played in singleplayer~ but we managed to have fun in multiplayer without too many issues c: untill past moon lord~.

Providence, there was just 2 of us online at the time and we were both in surface hallow that was really close to surface hallow desert, we were standing on the ground, after he killed us, next time we tried to spawn him in underground desert hallow, which also didn't work, my friend gave up and went to the complete opposide part of the map, but I decided to summon him again and dig down (constantly trough hallow) and only when I reached hell did I see a health bar that signaled me that I can damage him, I called my friend and he wormhole'd to me and we defeated it. I haven't tried in singleplayer to summon him in surface hallow thoo, so I'm unsure as to what it was.

Devourer of gods, what I mean by super fast is, he completely goes off the ground and starts zooming left and right (His body straight as an arrow), you can just catch a glimpse of him for a milisecond before he's past the screen, might be the whole multiplayer targeting or something, not sure but it happened only about 20% of the times we tried to fight him. (We fought him on 3 wooden platforms a bit above ground). When I tried in singleplayer thoo that never happened~.

why do you left a big nothing space of your comment seriously, but remember you can have legaly a 7 accesory space use "more accesories mod" and farm plantera until you get natures heart and "wing slot" since this mod gives the wings their own accesory slot so thats 8 slots if that wasnt enough use jopojelly "antisocial mod" even if with 2 extra slots wasnt enough for you (excuse the word people I know the rules of the forums) "suck" at normal calamitas even with your own buffs.
Cheat sheet allows you to add more accesory

Back
Top Bottom