tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
IN my opinion, wulfrum weapons are too op. For those weapons, that you can get in first game day without really trying having those high stats is just crazy. I started playing updated calamity mof several minutes ago and just got wulfrom sword, that is cooler than muramasa, and wulfrum bow, that is cooler than demon bow. Plz fix them.

IN my opinion, wulfrum weapons are too op. For those weapons, that you can get in first game day without really trying having those high stats is just crazy. I started playing updated calamity mof several minutes ago and just got wulfrom sword, that is cooler than muramasa, and wulfrum bow, that is cooler than demon bow. Plz fix them.

They aren't broken, so they don't need to be fixed. Calamity follows its own balance along side vanilla terraria. Wulfrum items are easily replaced after you've progressed enough.

Please help, the summoning item for The Devourer of the Gods requires Phantoplasm, however I can't find Phantoplasm absolutely anywhere. :lslime:

Please help, the summoning item for The Devourer of the Gods requires Phantoplasm, however I can't find Phantoplasm absolutely anywhere. :lslime:

Currently, kill Ceaseless Void to trigger a change in the Dungeon, afterwards some new stuff will start to spawn that drop Phantoplasm.

I've been going on a bit of a boss rush in Revengeance. Leviathan, Golem, Plaguebringer, Ravager, Fishron, the Cultist, and the Moon Lord have all fallen before me. Moon Lord gets a cool new phase in Revengeance ( but I'm not going to spoil it), and now I guess it's time for the Profaned Guardians. Going by how difficult they and Providence were in Expert, I feel that they're going to be immensely hard in Revengeance. We will see.

EDIT: Also, what's this Irradiated debuff I have? It doesn't seem to do anything, and the Nurse couldn't heal it, so I have no idea what it's doing.

I've been going on a bit of a boss rush in Revengeance. Leviathan, Golem, Plaguebringer, Ravager, Fishron, the Cultist, and the Moon Lord have all fallen before me. Moon Lord gets a cool new phase in Revengeance ( but I'm not going to spoil it), and now I guess it's time for the Profaned Guardians. Going by how difficult they and Providence were in Expert, I feel that they're going to be immensely hard in Revengeance. We will see.

EDIT: Also, what's this Irradiated debuff I have? It doesn't seem to do anything, and the Nurse couldn't heal it, so I have no idea what it's doing.

Pretty sure the basic rain event gets replaced by the new radioactive rain event for post-ML. You lose defense and damage reduction, but you gain damage and critical strike, and mobs take DoT. Debuff vanishes if you go underground, however.

so skeletron prime spawned, and I after I defeated it, a message popped up that said "a blood red inferno lingers in the night" or something along those lines. what does this mean? I've looked on the wiki but can't find anything

What the hell are you on about? You don't kill Ceaseless Void to trigger it. You kill Providence.

Also, the new update fixes multiplayer spawning issues and post-ML dungeon and blood moon changes.

What the hell are you on about? You don't kill Ceaseless Void to trigger it. You kill Providence.

Also, the new update fixes multiplayer spawning issues and post-ML dungeon and blood moon changes.

I've had several people in discord say it was Ceaseless Void, so I just assumed it was the case since pretty much everyone was saying it.

Could you by any chance provide a link to a version compatible with tModLoader 9.2.3? Or could anyone for that matter?...

Last edited:
Alright, well, me and my two other friends completed Calamity in its entirety (At least, up to version .913), and with that being said, our primary critiques revolve around Supreme Calamitus.

The boss fight is largely disappointing, having defeated Yharon and the Devourer in the days prior. The rest of the bosses in the mod had us leaving the fight saying "That was fun." and "Let's do that again.", while Calamitus and the loot the follows with defeating her do not elicit that same reaction.

Off the bat, for every class that isn't Melee, there's no real point to running Calamitus. The endgame Armor doesn't benefit any other class but Melee, and your highest power spike in terms of weapons actually comes from Yharon (Or in Thrower's case, the Devourer). The fact that Summoner don't even get any weapons of their own, while Thrower only gets copies of Melee weapons, is largely disappointing, even if it didn't effect our playthrough, having one Mage, Melee, and Ranger. Things like having the Dance of Light's initial projectile not go through walls, or having the Soma Prime and Contagion, as well as to an extent, the Megafleet, not even compare to weapons such as the Blissful Bombardier which can be obtained much sooner, really put a damper on the rewarding aspect of finally "beating the game". Essentially speaking, the boss fight and a large portion of the mod in general heavily benefit Melee play over any other class.

I'd personally suggest adding some more incentive for any other class to run this fabled "superboss" we'd been anticipating since the start of the playthrough. As I said, Mage, Thrower, and Summoner gain almost nothing from the boss, while Ranger gets a bunch of weapons with lackluster/pathetic DPS. Separate armor sets would obviously be preferable, but more weapons on the side of those weaker classes are also needed. The general consensus among my friends is that the mod should of had some closure around Yharon.

Besides Calamitus, however, we enjoyed playing through the mod immensely and I personally don't see myself disabling the mod anytime soon, should I choose to once again replay Terraria. Calamity has also, in general, revitalized my optimism in installing Terraria mods, as in the past, the quality of mods (and also, the fun-factor of mods) was extremely lacking across the board. Whether or not Calamity is simply an exception to that, I'll discover in the future.

You need to defeat SCal to get developer items. The armor was changed to be extremely OP and benefit every class.

Back
Top Bottom