tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Betsy could be in the Boss Rush but to me and others she's just a miniboss for the DD2 event. That's also why Pumpking and Ice Queen aren't in it.

Just to put a foot in the door here... I was part of the "remove SCal's hit counter" argument here, and advocated very heavily against it, providing several arguments in favour of its removal.

While I can say that there is blind praise being given to Fabsol, this really isn't incredibly common, and it isn't in the majority, either. Yes, if you scroll through this forum, you're gonna see a lot of comments saying how great this mod is to people, and that they like it a lot, but you'll also see complaints and criticisms. A lot of people in the "suggestions" channel on the Calamity Discord have criticisms of certain updates Fabsol has put out, offering differing opinions on how things should be run... And the devs do listen, they add certain things suggested every once in a while, and make changes based on how agreed upon it is by the community. Fabsol isn't being worshipped in the context of this mod blindly by everybody, people are critical of this mod quite often.

Fabsol isn't saying that your argument is invalid due to the fact you're being critical of him. He's directly stating that you haven't backed up your statements with any physical evidence in the things you've presented in order to oppose him. You're using literally only opinions to try and curve his opinion, of course people are going to look down on your argument; it holds no ground due to you trying to argue against evidence with no evidence of your own. He isn't claiming you're invalid due to "if you oppose me you're in the wrong."

I mean, dude, be real. In the middle of this argument, people had criticisms on the life drain cooldown, and Fabsol recently just added to his list of updates...

ac7ea53bd6.png

I honestly despise it when people worship me, I hate it. I prefer when people are real with me and give a measured response to things. No complaining, no worship, just form a coherent critique based on objectivity with sprinkles of subjectivity without coming across as whiny.

There is a youtuber named Mauler who has great examples of critique that don't state subjective things as facts. He instead uses objective arguments to back himself up, as every good critic should do.

The healing cooldown critiques were reasonable here so I made the change.

Hmmm good point.

Maybe throw all 3 at once or something?
I suggested this because Betsy was a dreadful boss to fight (in a good way), even outside of the event. You gotta fight plenty of Ice Queens and Pumpkings again to get crafting materials but nothing else to tie into the DD2 event.
And her AI is able to function perfectly outside of the DD2 event.

Just felt like it should be there, that's all.

One question. Why do king slime and queen bee not have one of the little lore items that the other bosses do?

Queen bee's lore item description reads,

"As crude as the giant insects are they can prove useful in certain situations.
...given the ability to control them."

As for King Slime... I dunno.

I'm aware you've probably heard exactly my criticisms from other sources already. I was also expecting exactly this kind of flippant response - your personality does read from the mod.

But a man surrounded by sycophants is a hopeless person. You have approached and then passed the practical limits of one mod. At some point, you'll have to ask not how to improve the mod by adding to it, but by asking how to improve by taking away.
If you don’t like the mod, you can say that. You don’t have to repeat it. You said what you said. Done. You can stop yelling at everybody who objects. I don’t agree with what you said, personally, but that’s just my opinion. I’ll bet, though, as soon as I say this your going to star yelling at me too.

If you don’t like the mod, you can say that. You don’t have to repeat it. You said what you said. Done. You can stop yelling at everybody who objects. I don’t agree with what you said, personally, but that’s just my opinion. I’ll bet, though, as soon as I say this your going to star yelling at me too.
dude... the discussion is like, over. You don't need to keep this up.

Please stop. That's ended here, just move on and forget the whole thing ever happened.

I have a question. What’s this Goozma I keep hearing about?
[doublepost=1549463687,1549463416][/doublepost]
Queen bee's lore item description reads,

"As crude as the giant insects are they can prove useful in certain situations.
...given the ability to control them."

As for King Slime... I dunno.
What lore could you possibly make for King Slime?

The healing cooldown critiques were reasonable here so I made the change.
It's also an easy change, Fabsol.

As you break compatibility with throwing add-ons from other mods and bump into size restraints on tmodder, what's your outline going forward? If you had to describe a final release of Calamity in an organized package that fits in tmodder, what would be the specific description? What is your end goal? Quibbling about the definition of a constructive critique set aside, what are you defending as your vision for the mod?

Not to say that you'd stop modding once Calamity is completed, but they'd be separate mod packages because logistically you can't pack more into Calamity.

From what I've heard, it's a rumored final super boss the mod will be receiving. Basically Goozma is "If the Slime God merged with every slime in Terraria and became near unstoppable"
That was quite a while ago thou, back when the Future bosses were a thing, so that might not be the case anymore.

Oh yes! Goozma is a planned superboss. It's intended to be after Yharim. If you search on the Internet you can find its sprites and concepts (the actual one is the big and rocky one). I'm not sure about his lore though, it was something about slimes but I think it was changed.
From what I've heard, it's a rumored final super boss the mod will be receiving. Basically Goozma is "If the Slime God merged with every slime in Terraria and became near unstoppable"
That was quite a while ago thou, back when the Future bosses were a thing, so that might not be the case anymore.
Actually Xeroc will be after it. xD

Oh yes! Goozma is a planned superboss. It's intended to be after Yharim. If you search on the Internet you can find its sprites and concepts (the actual one is the big and rocky one). I'm not sure about his lore though, it was something about slimes but I think it was changed.
Lol, I got ninja'd XD.

Actually Xeroc will be after it. xD
Oh, well like I said I was going off old information. But pretty cool.
Xeroc doesn't seem to have much presence in the lore thou, at-least not yet.
the only thing that comes to mind is his post-cultist armor set.

Lol, I got ninja'd XD.

Oh, well like I said I was going off old information. But pretty cool.
Xeroc doesn't seem to have much presence in the lore thou, at-least not yet.
the only thing that comes to mind is his post-cultist armor set.
Xeroc armor
"Once worn by what can only be described as a monster, it is written that if it's original owner were to wear it once more the entire universe would not know rest for another ten thousand years. It is said that the armor was made from the flesh, teeth, and nails of its original owner. Only someone who were to prove their strength among the strongest warriors would be able to break their seal. However, these anecdotal writings are from an age long lost to the passage of time. The being has not been viewed by the naked eye in eons and it is also written that a mere sighting of it would drive a layperson mad."

Aaaand
Rock
"The first object Xeroc ever created"

That's pretty much everything known. So he's basically God.

Back
Top Bottom