tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Whats the best kind of Melee loadout for the Mech bosses on Revengeance, and which should I try to defeat first and how? I have Daedalus armor, my weapons are Absolute Zero, Darklight Greatsword, Shimmerspark, and Avalanche, and my accessories are Frostspark Boots, Yoyo Bag, Flame Wings, Counter Scarf, Warrior Emblem, and an Obsidian Shield. I can hardly survive against Destroyer and I got The Twins both to half health once.

Whats the best kind of Melee loadout for the Mech bosses on Revengeance, and which should I try to defeat first and how? I have Daedalus armor, my weapons are Absolute Zero, Darklight Greatsword, Shimmerspark, and Avalanche, and my accessories are Frostspark Boots, Yoyo Bag, Flame Wings, Counter Scarf, Warrior Emblem, and an Obsidian Shield. I can hardly survive against Destroyer and I got The Twins both to half health once.
basically revengance will put you in an unfair standpoint
your most reliable hope is mobility and range, get some strong pets and get a ranged weapon the more comfortable you are the better
then dodge as much as you can
stay mobile, dont lose your momentum, get some dash ability(scarf if you dont have any)
best 1st boss to kill, Destroyer
The twins should be your last option to kill since its the most highly offensive among the 3

increase your mobility and regen, get some potions if necessary, build a 3 screen wide arena
this is what i did to make it easy as possible
[doublepost=1566959908,1566959749][/doublepost]
your most reliable hope is mobility and range, get some strong pets and get a ranged weapon the more comfortable you are the better
stay mobile, dont lose your momentum, get some dash ability(scarf if you dont have any)
The twins should be your last option to kill since its the most highly offensive among the 3

increase your mobility and regen, get some potions if necessary, build a 3 screen wide arena
also make your arena 2 screen high, this will give you all the maneuverability you need, heart statues will help a lot

[doublepost=1566959908,1566959749][/doublepost]
also make your arena 2 screen high, this will give you all the maneuverability you need, heart statues will help a lot
Okay, thank you! :)

its best if you go to discord(link on the 1st page of this thread,
what glitch?
Alright ill go the discord, and basically from what Ic an tell, if you have the weapon/item that summons a Mini DoG and the Nebulous Core, it 'fuses' the 2, the star the head and the DoG the body, sized up at random intervelws, i have a picture if ya want to see

Alright ill go the discord, and basically from what Ic an tell, if you have the weapon/item that summons a Mini DoG and the Nebulous Core, it 'fuses' the 2, the star the head and the DoG the body, sized up at random intervelws, i have a picture if ya want to see
LOL thats one heck of a glitch, better report it to the discord(the devs of calamity is almost always online there)
but you might wanna try disabling some of your mods(mod that affect visuals) it might be bugging with calamity, just check if its not other mod being imcompatible

LOL thats one heck of a glitch, better report it to the discord(the devs of calamity is almost always online there)
but you might wanna try disabling some of your mods(mod that affect visuals) it might be bugging with calamity, just check if its not other mod being imcompatible
Definately, My friend has the things on that are causign the glitch and apparantely he cant see them so ill have to arrange somethign so we can see if it still happens with no other mods

Definately, My friend has the things on that are causign the glitch and apparantely he cant see them so ill have to arrange somethign so we can see if it still happens with no other mods
good choice, its how i fix my Terraria when mods began fighting each other
LOL just in case if the glitch isnt fixed yet or you encounter another glitch its best to report it to the Calamity's Discord server

I notice that some items from the wiki like Kelvin Catalyst or Resurrection Butterfly are not in the mod (checked with cheat sheet). Are they removed or not implemented yet?

nvm, just found it, the version in mod browser is older than the link in the 1st post.

Last edited:
Hey, I know it's a lot to ask but could a kind soul post the last two major patch notes of the mod, please? Kinda taking a social break off of Discord and still not too fond on joining too many servers again. Would be great! Thank you in advance.

Hey, I know it's a lot to ask but could a kind soul post the last two major patch notes of the mod, please? Kinda taking a social break off of Discord and still not too fond on joining too many servers again. Would be great! Thank you in advance.
V1.4.2.102:
1 - Fixed weapons not being fired at the proper height while riding certain Calamity mounts.
2 - Drill mount can no longer mine Altars.
3 - Grand Dad can no longer send certain boss minions flying.
4 - Wind Blade and Quasar no longer succ in boss minions.
5 - Reduced Fabled Tortoise Shell defense from 92 (this was a bugged amount) to 36.
6 - Increased The Oracle's range slightly.
7 - Removed Gravity effect and Curse immunity from all Daedalus sets but buffed other stats to compensate.
8 - Fixed bug with Fungal Symbiote when used with whip sword flails like the Solar Eruption.
9 - Fixed bug with Aquatic Scourge never despawning even if you leave the ocean/sulphur sea.
10 - Added decreased mana usage to post-ML mage helms.
11 - Fixed bug where Void Vortex only dropped in normal mode.
12 - Acid Round damage boost from enemy defense now scales with your weapon's damage (basically nerfing them with low-damage weapons and buffing them with high-damage weapons).
13 - Reduced lag during the Providence fight.
14 - Reduced lag during the Polterghast fight.
15 - Reduced lag during the Calamitas Doppelganger fight.
16 - Reduced Terra-cotta drop rate.
17 - Added config option to buff Thorium bosses if fought in Rev/Death Mode, this is ONLY an HP and damage buff, it will also add some DR to certain ones that look like they should have it.
The option defaults to off and does nothing if Thorium isn't enabled, to enable it just go to the config and turn it on.
18 - Astrum Deus moved to post-Lunatic Cultist, to give more content in that area besides just the annoying pillars, and so that the two astral bosses aren't fought back-to-back.
Yes, astral bar weapons and armor will be buffed as well as Deus' drops. Deus will be buffed and have a few mechanic changes. Aureus will cause the astral enemies to drop their weapons as well as unlock the astral chest in the dungeon, while Deus will still unlock astral ore mining.
19 - Removed Brimstone Flame infliction from the Slime God fight, it's too powerful for prehm. Buffed all Slime God base damage to compensate.
20 - Astral enemies are not as powerful pre-Astrum Aureus. There is now a message after Aureus has been downed that the Astral creatures have been empowered, this means they can now drop their items and they become more powerful.
21 - The Bee maximum damage boost decreased from 150% to 35%.
22 - Nerfed several lore items.
23 - Made it so that certain Calamity potions disable certain buffs from the potions used to craft them.
For example, if you drink a Cadance Potion the vanilla Lifeforce Potion and Regeneration Potion buffs will be disabled.
Same goes for Profaned Rage and normal Rage buff, Holy Wrath and normal Wrath buff, etc.
24 - Revamped the Calamitas Clone fight.
25 - Attempted to fix Leviathan and Giant Clam hitboxes.
26 - Fixed Fabsol mount offset.
27 - Fixed Dried Seekers doing more damage than small Desert Scourges.
28 - In the DoG fight the sentinels now only spawn if you have never killed DoG phase 2.
29 - Astrum Deus now drops lunar fragments similar to post-ML Astrum Aureus.
30 - Added recipe to craft Fallen Stars from Stardust.
31 - DoG, Storm Weaver, and Astrum Deus fly up into space instead of the ground when you die.
32 - Edited SCal lore item tooltip to show what it actually does.
33 - Death Mode Duke Fishron can no longer spawn naturally in the Sulphur Sea.
34 - Fungal Clump healing orbs travel further while holding a summoner weapon.
35 - Voidstone can now be mined by an Adamantite Pick.
36 - Young Siren pet acts as if it's underwater if the Leviathan and Siren lore item is in the inventory.
37 - Changed Sigil of Calamitas and Deific Amulet recipes.
38 - Buffed Ceaseless Hunger potion range.
39 - Tooltips. ((very helpful))
40 - Buffed Inferno Fork fire explosion damage because apparently the explosion doesn't inherit the damage buff that the main shot gets.
41 - Changed the Butcher a bit.
42 - Changed the Catastrophe Claymore a bit.
43 - Changed Old Lord Oathsword.
44 - Added more effects to the various spears to make them less boring.
45 - Changed Hellkite a bit.
46 - Spears that fire projectiles now correctly fire them from the spear tip.
47 - Changed Lucrecia a bit.
48 - Changed Elemental Lance a bit.
49 - Changed Storm Ruler a bit.
50 - Changed the Crusher Blades a bit.
51 - Made Polterghast's enrage better so it's not constantly on top of you when it happens.
52 - Proficiency level up messages no longer display for every player in multiplayer. They only display for the person that just leveled up.
53 - Hopefully fixed bosses bugging out in multiplayer because I hate my life and multiplayer is a bug that shouldn't exist in this universe unless you appreciate making programmers suffer with inescapable depression and anxiety the likes of which you have never witnessed. - Done
54 - Rebalanced Plague Hive.
55 - Changed Soul Piercer a bit.
56 - Changed Feralthorn Claymore a bit.
57 - Signus will now teleport in front of the direction the player is moving during his teleport phase.
58 - Signus becomes more and more difficult to see as his life lowers and also stops emitting dust below half HP.
59 - Signus flame attack replaced with kunai/blades that accelerate as they travel before returning back to signus, similar to boomerangs.
60 - Signus and his new kunai/blades inflict toxins that inhibit your life regen and damage output.
61 - Ceaseless Void now attempts to suck the player in.
62 - Storm Weaver now calls down lightning from the sky.
63 - Storm Weaver phase 2 HP increased.
64 - DoG applies Signus' new toxins to his armored body.
65 - Changed a few bows and yoyos.
66 - Changed Brimstone Sword a bit.
67 - Reduced piercing of Amidias' Trident Whirlpools.
68 - Made all debuffs inflicted by players to enemies have durations that are multiples of 60 ticks.

1.4.2.103 AND 1.4.2.104 ((these two are under the same numbers, for some reason))

1 - Fixed Cursed Capper not firing anything.
2 - Fixed Plasma Rifle firing incorrect projectiles when using right/left click.
3 - Desert Scourge expert bag fishing gear drop rates fixed.
4 - Lowered Astrum Aureus hit sound volume and gave it a slightly longer delay between sounds.
5 - Redid the entirety of the GlobalNPC file because I crave death.
6 - Ozzatron fixed a lot of issues with the new tModLoader update.
7 - Redid the entirety of the GlobalNPCLoot file.
8 - Added trailing afterimage effects to many projectiles.
9 - Moved MOAB up a tier by making the player acquire it later.
10 - Bosses that were too fast in early hardmode are now slower.
11 - Lowered Twins and Skeletron Prime revengeance and death mode HP.
12 - Lowered the death mode damage multiplier.
13 - Lowered the Rod of Discord Chaos State damage multiplier.
14 - Reduced Destroyer Probe HP boost in death mode a lot.
15 - Ice Star pierce reduced from infinite to 3.
16 - Buffed rev and death Plantera HP, but reduced Tentacle HP and the Tentacles no longer respawn.
17 - Rev and death Plantera now fires seeds when all of her tentacles are dead in phase 2.
18 - Cryogen is now a bit faster.
19 - Removed rev and death Brain of Cthulhu Creeper respawning, but made the Brain and Creepers have more health.
20 - Brain of Cthulhu no longer deals contact damage in phase 1.
21 - Increased Creeper aggression on rev and death mode.
22 - Created a CalamityAI and CalamityGlobalAI class (purely for programming purposes).
23 - Buffed Biome Blade because somebody got it nerfed to high hell many updates ago.
24 - Buffed Lashes of Chaos.
25 - Burden Breaker recipe removed, it is now obtained in a different way.
26 - Fixed Colossal Squid and Reaper Sharks not spawning.
27 - New tile sprites and tile bug fixes by @Alterra .
28 - In revengeance and death mode nurse price for healing now scales with progression. The more progress you've made the more expensive she gets.
29 - Afterimages for more projectiles to make them look cooler.
30 - Made a few projectiles more interesting visually, beyond the above afterimages.
31 - In revengeance and death mode nurse price for healing is multiplied by 5 if any bosses are alive and the player attempts to heal with her.
32 - Storm Weaver and Astrum Deus AI revamped to prevent them floating off into nowhere space and despawning.
33 - Polterghast now only enrages on the surface to prevent annoying dungeon detection issues.
34 - Added Stellar Contempt, Galaxy Smasher, Nanoblack Reaper, and Helium Flash.
35 - Triactis' True Paladinian Mage-Hammer of Might crafts from Galaxy Smasher now.
36 - Animosity is no longer Revengeance exclusive and is now one of Clonelamitas' standard weapon drops.
37 - Axe of Purity now works as an axe. Right click to shoot damaging powder.
38 - Slightly adjusted Elemental Lance's damage and speed.
39 - Ataraxia's damage scaling removed.
40 - Ataraxia's damage buffed.
41 - Dragon Pow damage buffed.
42 - Severely nerfed the Oracle's direct hit damage but boosted its aura damage.
43 - Victide equipment and set bonus's Seashells no longer block other damage from being dealt.
44 - Removed Murasama exploits involving Victide armor and Luxor's Gift.
45 - Slightly buffed Marked Magnum and Lunic Eye. Their effective damage now displays in their tooltips.
46 - Vigorous Candle how heals you smoothly instead of for 1/2/3 HP per second if you have more than 250/500/750 max HP.
47 - Elysian Arrows now explode on impact for extra damage.
48 - Sunken Stew is now named Hadal Stew.
49 - Chaos Candle is now crafted with Essence of Chaos instead of Core of Chaos.
50 - Resprited Biome Blade, True Biome Blade, Omega Biome Blade, Galaxia and Ark of the Cosmos.
51 - Fixed inaccurate Rage/Adrenaline buff tooltips. These now dynamically change based on your difficulty (so if Death is active they show Death values, otherwise Rev).
52 - Fixed Demonshade enrage buff tooltip.
53 - Fixed a lot more tooltips.
54 - White Wine and Aureus Cell now interact properly with Mana Flower, Quick Mana and Quick Buff.
55 - Hadal Stew now interacts properly with Quick Heal and Quick Buff.
56 - Red Wine now can be used by Quick Heal. It no longer reacts to Quick Buff.
57 - Grape Beer can now be used by Quick Heal. It does not react to Quick Mana or Quick Buff.
58 - Margarita can now be used by Quick Heal and Quick Buff. It does not react to Quick mana.
59 - Statigel Walls can now be crafted back into Statigel Blocks.
60 - King Slime always drops Gel now, instead of only the first time you kill him.
61 - Fixed Svantechnical dropping from SCal twice as commonly as other dev weapons.
62 - Fixed Riptide having a messed up animation when used.
63 - Magnum, Bazooka and Hydra ammo now drops from the second Twin you kill, instead of only Spazmatism. This prevents farming the ammo by repeatedly dying to Retinazer.
64 - Further buff to Spectre Staff damage because it still sucked in testing.
65 - Nerfed Crystal Flare Staff damage.
66 - Reduced Destroyer and Aquatic Scourge resistance to certain projectiles.
67 - Slightly buffed Forbidden Oathblade damage.
68 - Slightly buffed Ark of the Ancients damage.
69 - Slightly buffed Flarefrost Blade damage.
70 - Buffed Ice Star damage.
71 - Reduced the damage buff given to the Terra Blade.
72 - Buffed Rainbow Rod damage.
73 - Slightly increased the damage buff given to the Tome of Infinite Wisdom.
74 - Buffed Terra Shiv damage.
75 - Reduced Abyss Blade swing speed.
76 - Slightly nerfed split Terra Arrow damage.
77 - Buffed Elemental Shiv projectile homing and amount of time the projectile lasts.
78 - Greatly buffed Devil's Devastation damage.
79 - Moved Neptune's Bounty down a tier by adjusting the recipe.
80 - Greatly buffed Excelsus damage.
81 - Increased Flarefrost Blade projectile homing speed.
82 - Reduced Aquatic Scourge defense but made him resist piercing projectiles.
83 - Lowered Astrum Aureus defense but raised HP.
84 - Moved Galactus Blade to post-Providence and buffed it so Star Wrath has more of a reason to be used.
85 - Buffed Star Wrath by making the comets it fires not pierce.
86 - Nerfed Plague Keeper and Greatsword of Judgement.
87 - Fixed Astral Chest bugs with the new tModLoader update.
88 - Reduced Giant Clam projectile damage.
89 - Penumbra Potion reworked.
90 - Goozma's ((upcoming boss)) name changed to Noxus.
91 - Fixed an oversight with Photosynthesis Potion.
92 - Removed Eldritch Tome inflicting Brimstone Flames because it was also removed from the Slime Gods.
93 - Buffed Eldritch Tome damage and crit chance.
94 - Removed Abyssal Tome inflicting Brimstone Flames because it was also removed from the Slime Gods.
95 - Buffed Abyssal Tome damage slightly.
96 - Brain of Cthulhu now, for sure, deals no contact damage in phase 1.
97 - King Slime teleports in rev+ slowed so they're not pretty much instant.
98 - Destroyer changed in rev+, increased speed as health decreases, reduced frequency of lasers as health decreases. Fires normal lasers when above 66% HP, switches to frost beams until 33%, uses homing lasers in the final phase.
Body segments that have their Probes removed will fire scrap metal instead of lasers.
99 - Lowered enraged Ceaseless Void acceleration and singularity ring size, but buffed its maximum speed.
100 - Decreased Storm Weaver overall speed and stopped it from enraging during the DoG battle.
101 - Destroyer body segments in rev+ that have fired their probes lose defense, while segments that still have their probes will have increased defense.
102 - Added Devil's Sunrise.
103 - Lucrecia invincibility on sword hits reduced, life drained increased.
104 - Lucrecia base damage increased.
105 - Fixed usetime issues with the P90, Soma Prime, Cosmic Kunai, and SDFMG.
106 - Reworked rev+ Queen Bee AI. Charges less times in a row, stingers no longer have a random spread but she fires more of them, has the ability to spawn hornets along with normal bees.
107 - Added The Last Mourning.
108 - Added Kelvin Catalyst.
109 - Moved Baleful Harvester up a couple tiers to space it out from Horseman's Blade more, buffed damage and changed how the projectile works a bit.
110 - Added Karasawa.
111 - Added Bloody Vein.
112 - Added Nadir.
113 - Rev+ Paladins now only become immune to stunlock when below 15% HP.
114 - Rev+ Clingers, Gastropods, Giant Tortoises, Ice Tortoises, and Black Recluses now only become immune to stunlock when below 25% HP.
115 - Rev+ Cursed Hammers, Enchanted Swords, and Crimson Axes now only become immune to stunlock when below 50% HP.
116 - Rev+ Sand Tortoises and Plagueshells now become immune to stunlock when below 25% HP.
117 - Added Dodu's Handcannon.
118 - Armored Digger spawn rates are now influenced by more than just Zen and Zerg Potions.
119 - Adjusted weapons made with pure Cosmilite to only require an Ancient Manipulator to craft and added Nightmare Fuel or Endothermic Energy to their recipes.
120 - Added Corpus Avertor.
121 - Added Deep Sea Dumbbell.
122 - Removed random spread from rev+ Skeletron Prime's laser arm lasers.
123 - Added Mad Alchemist's Cocktail Glove.
124 - SCal's arena no longer deletes water.
125 - Infinity reworked.
126 - Providence now drops Elysian Aegis and Wings in Normal Mode as well, rather than just Expert+.
127 - Added Resurrection Butterfly.
128 - Gave Murasama a bit more range.
129 - Increased Iron Boots fall speed.
130 - Rewrote Spazmatism AI in rev+, Phase 1 is mostly the same, Phase 2 now vomits shadowflames instead of cursed flames and charges like the rev+ Eye of Cthulhu when either Retinazer dies or Spazmatism is at low HP.
131 - Rewrote Retinazer AI in rev+, Phase 1 has lasers that are more accurate so you don't get hit randomly anymore, Phase 2 is mostly the same but fires less lasers until either Spazmatism dies or Retinazer is at low HP. If Retinazer is in Phase 2 and Spazmatism is dead it will gain the ability to charge at you.
132 - Rewrote Skeletron Prime AI in rev+ to not be the most unfun thing since a dentist appointment where the dentist has 4 arms and wants to replace all of your teeth with broken glass.
133 - Rev+ Spazmatism shadowflame and Goblin Summoner attacks inflict the Shadowflame debuff.
134 - Added Fearless Goldfish Warrior.
135 - Added Roxcalibur.
136 - Added Astral Infection debuff, it's now inflicted by most astral monsters and bosses instead of God Slayer Inferno.
137 - Astral Bulwark, Astral Arcanum, and Hide of Astrum Deus now provide immunity to the Astral Infection debuff instead of the God Slayer Inferno debuff.
138 - Added Time Bolt.
139 - Added Angelic Shotgun.
140 - Reduced Shadethrower gel usage.
141 - Removed SCal "anti-cheat".
142 - Fixed incorrect spread on Skeletron Prime's laser ring and Brimstone Elemental's brimstone barrage ring.
143 - Burden Breaker can now also be obtained by defeating enraged Skeletron Prime in rev+.
144 - Made a Pets folder.
145 - Added Yateveo Bloom.
146 - Added Hermit's Box of One Hundred Medicines.

I don't know if this is the place report bugs and stuff I'm kind of new to this whole forum thing, but I've noticed a conflict with Terraria overhaul mod and revengance difficulty vanilla flying bosses like eye of Cthulhu and Queen bee making them unkillable at 1 hp but the death animation persists on each hit for the boss but they just don't die I don't know if you are already aware of this i couldn't find anyone talking about it but i thought i should make a post about it.

Back
Top Bottom