tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,453 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,588 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I'll try that one, thanks. Though it is difficult to understand where to get some of the ingredients.

Like Hellkite, Mariana

Also Majestic guard.
Mariana is one of the chlorophyte swords (forget which) and some ocean materials (coral, seashells, etc.)
Hellkite is Draedon Bars and Firey Greatsword
Majestic Guard is Titanium/Adamantite sword and Souls of Might

I'll try that one, thanks. Though it is difficult to understand where to get some of the ingredients.

Like Hellkite, Mariana

Also Majestic guard.

Recipe Browser works great to let you know how to get some of the items.

Regarding Yharon.. the requirement to be in the jungle presents a pretty significant problem because you don't have to fly too high in order to leave the jungle. This means you're severely restricted vertically in a fight where you pretty much have to fly a lot to avoid the giant fire tornado specifically, and then if you can't move faster than Yharon, you have to use the "falling down" trick to avoid taking damage in the last phase on expert mode.

This is further compounded by the fact that all visual and auditory queues that you've left the jungle are no longer present when the Yharon fight starts.

I actually thought Yharon was fine when I fought him a couple of weeks ago. I don't understand why he was buffed. For a mage character, you simply don't do enough damage to him, especially in the final phase, to outlast him. Like I mentioned previously, I had to cheese him using the chariot mount from the Thorium mod in order to beat him, especially since you are able to target him for maybe 0.5 seconds each time he charges in the last phase. And this is on NORMAL expert.. I cringe to think about how bad this would be in the PTC edition.

I can understand if each type of class has a "role" (farming, boss killing, etc.), and it's especially fine since the Xeroc armor is classless. That said, MOST people do play this game using a specific damage type (at least that I can see), so ignoring that doesn't seem like a good idea. I think all the classes should be roughly equivalent in terms of power level..

Recipe Browser works great to let you know how to get some of the items.

Regarding Yharon.. the requirement to be in the jungle presents a pretty significant problem because you don't have to fly too high in order to leave the jungle. This is compounded by the fact that all visual and auditory queues that you've left the jungle are no longer present when the Yharon fight starts. This means you're severely restricted vertically in a fight where you pretty much have to fly a lot to avoid the giant fire tornado specifically, and then if you can't move faster than Yharon, you have to use the "falling down" trick to avoid taking damage in the last phase on expert mode.
The jungle limit becomes much less strict with the fact that you have a whole ten secconds to move around before you need to come back, so the limit's not a real issue.

and we have several pieces of equipment to leviate the challenge.

The jungle limit becomes much less strict with the fact that you have a whole ten secconds to move around before you need to come back, so the limit's not a real issue.

and we have several pieces of equipment to leviate the challenge.

You do? I knew about that limit in terms of being able to deal damage to him, but some people in this thread seem to be suggesting that he also deals more damage if you leave the jungle.

I don't know about that for sure, but I do think the one-hit kills are pretty cheap and don't really add anything in terms of difficulty.. it becomes more of a luck than skill based thing. It's not very fun to run into a fire tornado that happens to spawn along the path that you're using to dodge Yharon.

If I may, even Dark Souls, a game series notorious for "cheap" kills and being incredibly unforgiving (which is incredibly false) gives you plenty of chances to recover from mistakes. Every single enemy and boss in the game has patterns and it's a matter of learning those patterns and then developing the skills necessary to dodge the attacks (mostly a timing thing to be honest..).

In Terraria, you don't have the benefit of moving in more than 2 directions. More than that, some people will have a jungle that spawns relatively close to the top of the world. In some cases, can the fire tornado actually reach the top of the world, making it impossible to dodge at all? Is excavating a large chunk of the jungle expected to be required to beat this boss in some cases? And then the fact that it can kill you in one hit (as Yharon himself can in the final phase) makes the fight seem quite unfair.

I don't know.. obviously you guys can do whatever you want since it's your mod, but I think at the very least the one hit kills need to be looked at. I can't even imagine how stupid this would be in the PTC edition.

Regarding Yharon.. the requirement to be in the jungle presents a pretty significant problem because you don't have to fly too high in order to leave the jungle. This means you're severely restricted vertically in a fight where you pretty much have to fly a lot to avoid the giant fire tornado specifically, and then if you can't move faster than Yharon, you have to use the "falling down" trick to avoid taking damage in the last phase on expert mode.
Thanks for the advice.

I created a huge arena with switched off lihzard blocks in the middle layers and through the perimeter, so I don't have any problem with leaving jungle. In the middle of the arena I build a layer of platforms so I can always refresh wings and continue to run away from him

Thanks for the advice.

I created a huge arena with switched off lihzard blocks in the middle layers and through the perimeter, so I don't have any problem with leaving jungle. In the middle of the arena I build a layer of platforms so I can always refresh wings and continue to run away from him

Didn't even think of that. Nice idea!

Although I will just stick to my out-running him strat at this time!

I feel like the Red Sun is outclassed by most of the other melee weapons, even the normal mode ones. Perhaps it could get a buff in the form of homing projectiles?

Cosmic Wraith Idle.png

Spriting some more post-ML enemies. This one is in a calm form so it hasn't made its sadistic switch yet.

There's also a cosmic black hole enemy in need of spriting.

this is the problem with bosses that enrage outside of their biome. plantera and the duke get away with it because you can't fly out of their biomes. the underground jungle has a ceiling as it's underground, and the ocean spans the entire end of the world.

Can I drop this mod into an existing world and still access everything? I haven't beaten Skeletron yet in this world.

Couldn't tell from the OP if ores spawned with the world or after bosses.

Can I drop this mod into an existing world and still access everything? I haven't beaten Skeletron yet in this world.

Couldn't tell from the OP if ores spawned with the world or after bosses.
Yes you can, ores spawn after bosses have been defeated.

Hello I'm having a weird problem with the "teardrop cleaver" from calamity mod whenever I hit an enemy they become incapable of dealing damage to me, the "crying" slow works fine but yeah they can no longer deal damage to me. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

EDIT: I also have a few other mods but I'm not sure if it is a conflict issue but I will list them in the spoiler tag.
EDIT: Apparently projectile attacks still cause damage to me even if I hit the enemy firing them but melee/physical attacks DON'T cause me any damage.

ZoaklenMod
Shorter Respawn Time
imkSushi mod
Calamity.... obviously xD
Expanded Terraria
Dart Expansion
Ersion
Crystilium
Helpful Hotkeys
Tremor Mod
More Guns Mod
Fargo's Mutant Mod
Yoyos 2.0
Thorium Mod

Last edited:
Hello I'm having a weird problem with the "teardrop cleaver" from calamity mod whenever I hit an enemy they become incapable of dealing damage to me, the "crying" slow works fine but yeah they can no longer deal damage to me. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

EDIT: I also have a few other mods but I'm not sure if it is a conflict issue but I will list them in the spoiler tag.
EDIT: Apparently projectile attacks still cause damage to me even if I hit the enemy firing them but melee/physical attacks DON'T cause me any damage.

ZoaklenMod
Shorter Respawn Time
imkSushi mod
Calamity.... obviously xD
Expanded Terraria
Dart Expansion
Ersion
Crystilium
Helpful Hotkeys
Tremor Mod
More Guns Mod
Fargo's Mutant Mod
Yoyos 2.0
Thorium Mod
Thats intentional that they become passive.

The leviathan boss is too op, even ignoring damage or such it's too difficult to tell where the hit box is, and it's too difficult to out escape it's attacks.

Back
Top Bottom