tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Yes, i went to underworld to check that biome, but it wasn't there. Also i can't find any screenshots from the calamity biome, can you please send me a link or some picture?

Yes, i went to underworld to check that biome, but it wasn't there. Also i can't find any screenshots from the calamity biome, can you please send me a link or some picture?
here you go
Qen2nlc.png

Headcannon Providence lore: Providence was once a beautiful mighty goddess of the Lihzahrds, She Represented the glorious might of the sun and the beautiful wonders of fertility, That all changed when Yharim and his Dragon came along... In her Attempt to Stop Yharims Wrath Providence was Stricken down, and in her defeat she was cursed by the Tyrant King... That is how Providence became the profaned God... Of course thats just my personal Headcannon on the lore of providence and probably doesn't match up with any planned out lore for providence already.

Headcannon Providence lore: Providence was once a beautiful mighty goddess of the Lihzahrds, She Represented the glorious might of the sun and the beautiful wonders of fertility, That all changed when Yharim and his Dragon came along... In her Attempt to Stop Yharims Wrath Providence was Stricken down, and in her defeat she was cursed by the Tyrant King... That is how Providence became the profaned God... Of course thats just my personal Headcannon on the lore of providence and probably doesn't match up with any planned out lore for providence already.
Um.. Providence lore is not planned, it's out already, actually, from quite some time, but I like your idea.

Lore: Providence, the Profaned God, is the original source of all old religions and beliefs in the ancient times. She was born of the sun's holy light and the Underworld's dark magic during a great battle between demons and angels long ago. When the combined forces of each side threw every bolt of energy they had at each other all at once it created a massive explosion. Through this, the core of Providence was born. Using magic the core suddenly began tearing chunks of the Terraria landscape apart to form a shell of earth and flame around itself. The two armies, awestruck by what they saw before them, ceased their fruitless endeavors. Providence then disappeared into the sun, with this day being now known as the Birth of the Profaned Flame. From this point forward religions of the profaned flame formed, and long thereafter through the use of some of Providence's old magic (whether the lihzahrd knew it or not) the Golem was created to protect their temple.
Though she is both dark AND light these do nothing to impact her natural state of being; she is a neutral god, only destroying those who lay hands on her artifacts and only assists those that pray to or protect her. She resides in either the core of the Underworld or the center of the sun, far too hot for even beings as powerful as the Devourer of Gods to enter. After dispatching her guardians Yharim left his Devourer and his Sentinels to "clean up" both her and the rest. However, due to Providence's ability to conceal her magic extremely well and her natural affinity with nuclear heat the Devourer nor his Sentinels could find her. To this day the Sentinels are still searching, with the Devourer going about his own business until they discover her...or something else more powerful than her...
After defeating her guardians the Terrarian come across a chunk of her inner core, odds are she will be mightily displeased if something were to happen to it.

I've been experiencing a strange bug with the Heart of the Elements accessory involving the Brimstone Elemental. The damage is sometimes bugged so it does ~100 damage instead of ~1500-3000 damage. This is on point with original, singular elementals gained from the prerequisites of the Heart of the Elements, thus the Rose Stone version of the Brimstone Elemental is still quite accurate. I believe I'd switched between a set of prerequisites such as the Waifu in a Bottle, the Rare Waifu in a Bottle, and the Rose Stone itself. Perhaps equipping the Rose Stone version of the Brimstone Elemental bugged out the Heart of the Elements version?

But then things got a bit confusing. I reequipped the Rose Stone and the Brimstone Elemental was doing the Heart of the Elements version's damage. In any case, I reequipped the Heart of the Elements and the damage was just fine again. Is the Rose Stone's version supposed to have lower damage as opposed to the Heart of Elements' version, or is that just another bug?

I've also found that being on a pre-Hardmode world means the elementals do less damage, roughly identical to the same ~100 damage the Brimstone Elemental was doing. Is that intentional on pre-Hardmode worlds? If so, why? My weapons aren't nerfed when I go to a pre-Hardmode world, so why should my accessories be? Hell, you can't even GET any of the prerequisites prior to Hardmode (excluding the Aero Stone ofc), assuming the Siren Lure (???) spawning in a pre-Hardmode world has been fixed, which I believe it has. If not, err, good luck trying to beat the Leviathan in pre-Hardmode gear. The accessory wouldn't even be worth the pain and misery, lol.

Despite the relatively minor bugs, the Heart of the Elements is still my favorite accessory above all others, heh heh heh.

EDIT

Oh yeah, and I also get a strange duplication bug for some reason where the Waifus are doubled (four sandy waifus, two cloudy) except the Siren Lure and the Brimstone Elemental. I remember it happening prior to the recent update as well.

ANOTHER EDIT

Oh wait, there are two Siren Lures. Now that's disturbing...

Last edited:
Hey, me again. I seem to be having an issue with the Elysian aegis, as well as the upgraded Asgardian aegis. I'm mashing the down key, be it either S or down arrow, and neither seem to give me the buffs it claims to have. Is this a bug or are the buffs not visible or something?

Hey, me again. I seem to be having an issue with the Elysian aegis, as well as the upgraded Asgardian aegis. I'm mashing the down key, be it either S or down arrow, and neither seem to give me the buffs it claims to have. Is this a bug or are the buffs not visible or something?

It seems to be working fine for me. You double-tap S to gain the buff, not the down key. Another possibility is you having a different selection for the "Activate Set Bonuses" part, in which case you'd use W (i.e. up) instead. You can check to be certain in the Terraria main screen > settings > controls > Activate Set Bonuses: ???

It seems to be working fine for me. You double-tap S to gain the buff, not the down key. Another possibility is you having a different selection for the "Activate Set Bonuses" part, in which case you'd use W (i.e. up) instead. You can check to be certain in the Terraria main screen > settings > controls > Activate Set Bonuses: ???
It seems to be trying to work. Whenever I double tap down, which is the S key, and I get a sort of sparkle effect, but I still don't get a buff. So at least my keybind is working.

It seems to be trying to work. Whenever I double tap down, which is the S key, and I get a sort of sparkle effect, but I still don't get a buff. So at least my keybind is working.
they don't give you a 'buff' like potions. they give stat boosts, such as damage and defense. check either before and after activating

Derp. I see the stat increase now, thanks for pointing that out. I do wish it had a visible buff though.
Edit: Holy jebus the stats are bananas.

Last edited:
hey calamity, I know it's not my place, but I found out it's actually pretty easy to create a new hardmode, maybe for when the devourer of gods is defeated. being an amateur coder myself, I got stuck but if you could do it and maybe help me?
all you need to do is:
1. get the boss to spawn a custom ore. change the custom ore to a tile that is custom altar and make that altar transparent and not merge with dirt. (change the death message also.)
2. link the altar with a piece of code that will spawn in a custom ore (I assume making one similar to the 'npc drop' (the one that spawns in ore) would be the easiest way)
3. make the new NPCs spawn when the boss dies
I'm confused to why it seems no one has figured out how comparatively easy it is to do this, but as no mod does this, I assume everyone thinks of a custom hardmode as a task to hard to tackle, where in reality, it seems (and forgive me if i'm wrong) to be just combining a few simple principles to make an amazing thing. I've watched tremor and some other mods and calamity and i'm pretty sure that calamity is already the best mod. if you could do this it could be better (I could be wrong!)

hey calamity, I know it's not my place, but I found out it's actually pretty easy to create a new hardmode, maybe for when the devourer of gods is defeated. being an amateur coder myself, I got stuck but if you could do it and maybe help me?
all you need to do is:
1. get the boss to spawn a custom ore. change the custom ore to a tile that is custom altar and make that altar transparent and not merge with dirt. (change the death message also.)
2. link the altar with a piece of code that will spawn in a custom ore (I assume making one similar to the 'npc drop' (the one that spawns in ore) would be the easiest way)
3. make the new NPCs spawn when the boss dies
I'm confused to why it seems no one has figured out how comparatively easy it is to do this, but as no mod does this, I assume everyone thinks of a custom hardmode as a task to hard to tackle, where in reality, it seems (and forgive me if i'm wrong) to be just combining a few simple principles to make an amazing thing. I've watched tremor and some other mods and calamity and i'm pretty sure that calamity is already the best mod. if you could do this it could be better (I could be wrong!)

There are dedicated places where you can get help instead of asking others here.

If there were, I didn't know about them.
[doublepost=1496459553,1496459538][/doublepost]sorry
[doublepost=1496459678][/doublepost]besides this is more a request for a feature in calamity with a small note, notice how I didn't drone on about my mod. sorry if it seems I am just trying to get help under the guise of a update request, but that is not what this is.

Could the heart of the elements accessory give only one buff for all the waifus together instead of giving a buff for each? It's a really useful accessory but it takes up like 5 buff slots just to use it

Could the heart of the elements accessory give only one buff for all the waifus together instead of giving a buff for each? It's a really useful accessory but it takes up like 5 buff slots just to use it

Tbh I'd say that's intentional. Its an extremely powerful accessory, so it needs a small drawback.

So is Yharim planned to be implemented soon? By the way, why does the lore of Providence describe D.O.G as an inferior? I'd imagine D.O.G would be far more powerful.

So is Yharim planned to be implemented soon? By the way, why does the lore of Providence describe D.O.G as an inferior? I'd imagine D.O.G would be far more powerful.
DoG *is* more powerful, but he's vurnerable to heat. Providence is full heat.

it's like putting a lvl 100 ice type pokemon vs a lvl 90 fire type. One has a strength advantage, but the other one both resists *and* does more damage to the prior.

Back
Top Bottom