tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,452 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Was this a coincidence? Because their designs are completely the same except Calamitas is ironically more detailed.
It is a coincidence.
Someone resprited Calamitas, so it was used..
I'm not just someone, not everyone can get as much quality as I do, and actually readin special thanks is useful, I don't really like when they mention my work but they don't mention me, so if you will say it at least get some info because I publicily ppsted it here, and on my status, sorry if it sounds rude, but I take crediting seriously.
Also I'm going to resprite SC later, so calm down, @MountainDrew send the files via pm please.
[doublepost=1497151113,1497150858][/doublepost]
He is the first boss you fight, so not a bug.
Sadly he is harder to beat than EOC.

I'm not just someone, not everyone can get as much quality as I do, and actually readin special thanks is useful, I don't really like when they mention my work but they don't mention me, so if you will say it at least get some info because I publicily ppsted it here, and on my status, sorry if it sounds rude, but I take crediting seriously.
Also I'm going to resprite SC later, so calm down, @MountainDrew send the files via pm please.

Everyone appreciates your resprite of Calamitas, but you don't really have to get upset a little bit at being called 'someone' over being directly referenced. You've been credited where its due (original post, special thanks) and you don't have to be mentioned by name every time.

It is a coincidence.

[doublepost=1497151113,1497150858][/doublepost]
Sadly he is harder to beat than EOC.
In my current run, I coincidentally happened to fight EoC before the Desert Scourge because it spawned naturally and I didn't feel like looking for or creating a spawn item for EoC (this is in Revengeance mode btw). I feel they are both tough, but EoC did still feel harder. I killed them both first try and almost died to the Scourge because I was being an idiot and didn't dodge it a few times when I easily could and should have. I was also able to get spectre boots and a basic grappling hook for the Scourge fight since a goblin invasion popped up as well, but I think I still could have handled Desert Scourge with just my cloud in a bottle and a better arena (a second set of platforms). Doing a ranged only playthrough btw.

Also, your sprites look dope Frous, likin what I saw on your page.

In my current run, I coincidentally happened to fight EoC before the Desert Scourge because it spawned naturally and I didn't feel like looking for or creating a spawn item for EoC (this is in Revengeance mode btw). I feel they are both tough, but EoC did still feel harder. I killed them both first try and almost died to the Scourge because I was being an idiot and didn't dodge it a few times when I easily could and should have. I was also able to get spectre boots and a basic grappling hook for the Scourge fight since a goblin invasion popped up as well, but I think I still could have handled Desert Scourge with just my cloud in a bottle and a better arena (a second set of platforms). Doing a ranged only playthrough btw.

Also, your sprites look dope Frous, likin what I saw on your page.

EoC on Revengeance Mode is difficult if you're bad at aiming and predicting where it will be. But if you follow the 'progression' of bosses, he's definitely a tough cookie. I fought him after King Slime because he spawned on me (the ONE time I decide to go over 200 health...), but since I had already killed King Slime I got the 25% more damage dealt activated. I only dropped below half health once, however since I had 26 defense and 260 health. When it comes to Revengeance Mode, Defense will definitely play a large factor in boss fights. Honestly, if I didn't have the 26 Defense I probably would have been destroyed since even with the 26 defense I was still taking 15~18 damage on phase 2.

EoC on Revengeance Mode is difficult if you're bad at aiming and predicting where it will be. But if you follow the 'progression' of bosses, he's definitely a tough cookie. I fought him after King Slime because he spawned on me (the ONE time I decide to go over 200 health...), but since I had already killed King Slime I got the 25% more damage dealt activated. I only dropped below half health once, however since I had 26 defense and 260 health. When it comes to Revengeance Mode, Defense will definitely play a large factor in boss fights. Honestly, if I didn't have the 26 Defense I probably would have been destroyed since even with the 26 defense I was still taking 15~18 damage on phase 2.
Yeah, I had fought King Slime by then as well and I feel that helped a lot. I was using a minishark and burned through EoC's first phase very fast... Only had lead armor tho, so like 12 defense lol. I think the minishark might have been the culprit, since it is a pretty strong pre-hardmode weapon.

Everyone appreciates your resprite of Calamitas, but you don't really have to get upset a little bit at being called 'someone' over being directly referenced. You've been credited where its due (original post, special thanks) and you don't have to be mentioned by name every time.

i have to completely agree 100% with you, Khaelis. Not to sound rude or condescending of course, i myself used to do art and designs for a living for many years, and in my younger/earlier twenties i used to take crediting very serious but overtime i learned and came to the conclusion that aslong as thanks is given and credit is also spoken of, then you dont need to be mentioned in high-regards for your own standard of work every single time you create something. Thanks and credit is enough in the end. Your response was handled well, its almost as if you have had to do this before haha:happy:

I fought Eoc with silver armor using the magic chestplate from the travelling merchant and the seashell boomerang(got it from a cnidrian) my hp didn't go lower than 60%, about desert scourge, i had to get platinum armor and my bow with unholy arrows didn't really damage him, only did over 6 dmg per hit, the water bolt on mythical barely did any damage so I think the difficulty factor depends on the really high defense his body has.

I fought Eoc with silver armor using the magic chestplate from the travelling merchant and the seashell boomerang(got it from a cnidrian) my hp didn't go lower than 60%, about desert scourge, i had to get platinum armor and my bow with unholy arrows didn't really damage him, only did over 6 dmg per hit, the water bolt on mythical barely did any damage so I think the difficulty factor depends on the really high defense his body has.

I took down Desert Scourge fairly easily. Just had Obsidian armour (I found a really good spot to bomb for Obsidian, and a Spider biome was nearby). Just made a long platform about 25 blocks above the desert surface, with a higher up small platform to panic-grapple to when Scourge would charge at me so I could avoid the head whacking me for a 120. Just used a Demon Bow (from the previously mentioned EoC) and Frostburn arrows to let the DoT do the work.

I took down Desert Scourge fairly easily. Just had Obsidian armour (I found a really good spot to bomb for Obsidian, and a Spider biome was nearby). Just made a long platform about 25 blocks above the desert surface, with a higher up small platform to panic-grapple to when Scourge would charge at me so I could avoid the head whacking me for a 120. Just used a Demon Bow (from the previously mentioned EoC) and Frostburn arrows to let the DoT do the work.
Thanks, Ill consider doing that next run, also what is the best way to beat DOG in any mode? Specially on expert and revengeance.

I took down Desert Scourge with the Frost Bolt as well as some platforms above the desert. As long as you space them well enough, the Desert Scourge won't be able to climb at you through the platforms. Also, Slime God on Revengeance is ridiculously difficult - if you get hit with the gravity debuff, then it's basically over, since the small, yin-yang part of it can just keep hitting you with it. So yeah, I'm having some problems with it.

Thanks, Ill consider doing that next run, also what is the best way to beat DOG in any mode? Specially on expert and revengeance.

DoG is mostly evading well. Don't rely on flying too much, since the gravity debuff can get you killed instantly if you run out of flight time. DoG switches between two AI phases and that's basically key into beating him. He has an AI similar to a Crawltipede so he'll change you when you're airborne. You can use that to get him to come to you and hit his head, then evade and repeat until he spawns to his Destroyer like AI where he'll just fly around on the ground trying to hit you. Like I said previously, DoG is basically an evade and don't get hit by the head fight. Use lots of long platforms so you don't have to rely on flying much. The Platforms can also help with evading since you can grapple to move up or down quickly.

Revengeance Mode is relatively the same as Expert Mode DoG, expect there's two smaller ones. Just have to focus on one while paying attention to the second one so it doesn't get a cheeky boop on you from behind, because in most cases it'll be a one-hit-KO (I've been hit for 1200 damage once).

Um.
It appears that I am not getting the Revengeance Item.
I have made several Different Characters (I have multiple mods, Tremor and Fast Start add items. Even with those inactive, I got no Revengeance Item)
Is it a mod thing or just an issue I am having?
Could it be the result of multiple mods?

Edit: I tried with only Calamity as the only mod, still don't get the Revengeance Item
I should mention that I am on Terraria Version 1.3.5.2 with Tmodloader 0.10.0.1

Last edited:
Um.
It appears that I am not getting the Revengeance Item.
I have made several Different Characters (I have multiple mods, Tremor and Fast Start add items. Even with those inactive, I got no Revengeance Item)
Is it a mod thing or just an issue I am having?
Could it be the result of multiple mods?

Edit: I tried with only Calamity as the only mod, still don't get the Revengeance Item
I should mention that I am on Terraria Version 1.3.5.2 with Tmodloader 0.10.0.1

Do you have the Collector's edition of Terraria? That's the only thing I can think of.

Edit: otherwise, just load CheatSheet and give yourself the item. There's no harm in it.

Do you have the Collector's edition of Terraria? That's the only thing I can think of.

Edit: otherwise, just load CheatSheet and give yourself the item. There's no harm in it.

I do have the Collector's edition. Does the Carrot seriously override the Revegeance item?

Cheatsheet or HERO's Mod seems to be the only way to obtain the item. It is gonna be a pain now.
I'll use the cheat mod for the item, then disable it so I don't tempt cheating

I do have the Collector's edition. Does the Carrot seriously override the Revegeance item?

Cheatsheet or HERO's Mod seems to be the only way to obtain the item. It is gonna be a pain now.
I'll use the cheat mod for the item, then disable it so I don't tempt cheating

Seems like it. Revengeance gets placed in the fourth hotbar slot.

Back
Top Bottom