tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,584 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
So I've been doing an expert co-op play through with my friend and I've noticed that Astral ore can be mined immediately at the beginning of hard mode with a molten pic. Which makes it super easy to obtain the Astral blaster in which we've noticed is extremely powerful and should be used very late game. I kind of have a feeling that this is not how you intended to have the Astral ore work.

I seem to be experiencing a bug with the Hive mind... it killed me... and when i teleported home all my npcs were gone... and checking the housing tab showed nothing but the question mark to see if houses are suitable.

So I've been doing an expert co-op play through with my friend and I've noticed that Astral ore can be mined immediately at the beginning of hard mode with a molten pic. Which makes it super easy to obtain the Astral blaster in which we've noticed is extremely powerful and should be used very late game. I kind of have a feeling that this is not how you intended to have the Astral ore work.
It's broken in multiplayer. If you know that you're not supposed to mine it and you think it's overpowered, then why are you even using it?

It's broken in multiplayer. If you know that you're not supposed to mine it and you think it's overpowered, then why are you even using it?
We never knew Astral ore was supposed to be used after deus until today, the wiki was very vague at the time, saying that you could mine it with a drax even though we mined it with a molten pic at the beginning of hard mode, the deus worm didn't even have a wiki page until today, and the ore caught my eye when we first got into hard mode so of course I mined it.

Same as some posts above happened with me, went to fight with The Mind Hive only for it's spawns suddenly disappearing, I couldn't use any magic or ranged weapon as any projectile wouldn't appear, all particles and npcs were gone. (sorry for bad english, I hope you could understand the bug)

Same as some posts above happened with me, went to fight with The Mind Hive only for it's spawns suddenly disappearing, I couldn't use any magic or ranged weapon as any projectile wouldn't appear, all particles and npcs were gone. (sorry for bad english, I hope you could understand the bug)
@MountainDrew The Bug appears to be an Error caused when one of the Hive minds projectiles lands a hit. and the only way to fix it is getting a certain distance away from the Hive mind... happened again but this time i managed to beat the hive mind cus i had more corruption. Dunno if there's something similar with the perforators but yeah.

I think I may have found a little bug regarding the Demon Shade Armor. When shadow dodge is active it looks like im wearing the armor and also looks like im naked. I think there is something wrong with the spreadsheet of this armor but thats just a guess I don't actually know

Armor Visual Bug.PNG

@MountainDrew The Bug appears to be an Error caused when one of the Hive minds projectiles lands a hit. and the only way to fix it is getting a certain distance away from the Hive mind... happened again but this time i managed to beat the hive mind cus i had more corruption. Dunno if there's something similar with the perforators but yeah.

I've been playing Multiplayer with MountainDrew the last few days and we've never encountered such a bug/error, so my guess is this has to be a mod conflict on your/their end.

I've been playing Multiplayer with MountainDrew the last few days and we've never encountered such a bug/error, so my guess is this has to be a mod conflict on your/their end.
Huh... alright then. i guess that makes sense... Not sure what mod it would be though... >.>
what mods do you have?

Huh... alright then. i guess that makes sense... Not sure what mod it would be though... >.>

what mods do you have?

This is the mod list we've been using for comparison, if it helps:

- Calamity (latest version)
- Bluemagic's Mod
- Fargo's Mod
- Magic Storage
- All The Walls
- Recipe Browser
- Cheat Sheet
- Boss Checklist
- Frec's Addons
- Helpful Hotkeys
- Auto Trash

I've been having a number of problems with Calamity, but here is the most serious one first.

I seem to be seeing the Siren Lure Waifu from the Heart of the Elements and the Pearl of Enthrallment as being offset a bit to the right while its floating above me. This has been happening in the most recent past few versions of Calamity. Is this a bug in the mod, or is it intentional or something? I've kind of been hoping it'd be fixed in each new update.

Not sure if posting links here is okay (though it's a bit late for that now:merchantrolleyes:), but here is a screenshot if it may help.
https://prnt.sc/fne71d

Another few problems I have also been experiencing are overwhelming issues that are impacting the game in its entirety, halting progression in some way or another. I've had several issues with the Cultists not spawning when trying to trigger them using the Cosmolight (my fault, I think), NPCs having stopped spawning (Fargo's, probably - believe it's fixed now), mine-able astral ore before killing Astrum Deus (fixed?), events failing to start even when using their summoning items (including a similar issue with Providence and her summon item involving her leaving then being unable to summon her again), Corruption and Hallow remaining at 1% even when I'm certain I've cleared ALL of each (or maybe that's just one of Red's cruel game mechanics:merchantsigh:), as well as the Phantom Spirits not spawning.

The part about the Phantoms might be my fault as well though. What specific enemies do you need to kill that spawn them, assuming they're essentially upgraded Dungeon Spirits? And also, what post-Boss are they? When do you get the ability to find them in the dungeon? I'd assume post-Sentinels of the Devourer, but I suppose it doesn't help that there isn't a wiki page on the Phantoms yet.

I'm unsure how many of these have been fixed in the latest version as I can't seem to find any sort of changelog for Calamity, but that might just be me not looking where I should.$-_-

On another less serious note, why doesn't the Brimstone Elemental have its own lore like the other bosses? Personally I feel all of the Waifus in the Heart of the Elements should have their own unique lore about them needing to be reunited by a certain hero to help cleanse the world of evil (or another awesome bit of gratifying lore. I mean they ARE our waifus, after all).:merchantwink:

I've been having a number of problems with Calamity, but here is the most serious one first.

I seem to be seeing the Siren Lure Waifu from the Heart of the Elements and the Pearl of Enthrallment as being offset a bit to the right while its floating above me. This has been happening in the most recent past few versions of Calamity. Is this a bug in the mod, or is it intentional or something? I've kind of been hoping it'd be fixed in each new update.

Not sure if posting links here is okay (though it's a bit late for that now:merchantrolleyes:), but here is a screenshot if it may help.
https://prnt.sc/fne71d

Another few problems I have also been experiencing are overwhelming issues that are impacting the game in its entirety, halting progression in some way or another. I've had several issues with the Cultists not spawning when trying to trigger them using the Cosmolight (my fault, I think), NPCs having stopped spawning (Fargo's, probably - believe it's fixed now), mine-able astral ore before killing Astrum Deus (fixed?), events failing to start even when using their summoning items (including a similar issue with Providence and her summon item involving her leaving then being unable to summon her again), Corruption and Hallow remaining at 1% even when I'm certain I've cleared ALL of each (or maybe that's just one of Red's cruel game mechanics:merchantsigh:), as well as the Phantom Spirits not spawning.

The part about the Phantoms might be my fault as well though. What specific enemies do you need to kill that spawn them, assuming they're essentially upgraded Dungeon Spirits? And also, what post-Boss are they? When do you get the ability to find them in the dungeon? I'd assume post-Sentinels of the Devourer, but I suppose it doesn't help that there isn't a wiki page on the Phantoms yet.

I'm unsure how many of these have been fixed in the latest version as I can't seem to find any sort of changelog for Calamity, but that might just be me not looking where I should.$-_-

On another less serious note, why doesn't the Brimstone Elemental have its own lore like the other bosses? Personally I feel all of the Waifus in the Heart of the Elements should have their own unique lore about them needing to be reunited by a certain hero to help cleanse the world of evil (or another awesome bit of gratifying lore. I mean they ARE our waifus, after all).:merchantwink:

Most of those issues, barring the Heart of the Elements, has been fixed. As far as I know. Although, I don't think the Heart of the Elements is an actual bug, just a minor error that doesn't impact it much, if at all.

Phantoms are post-Providence.

I'm triggered by the Siren Lure's position. It had better be a bug because it doesn't make much sense for it to be changed for absolutely no reason. Suppose it's the mod creator's preference, but it still bothers me.

I'm triggered by the Siren Lure's position. It had better be a bug because it doesn't make much sense for it to be changed for absolutely no reason. Suppose it's the mod creator's preference, but it still bothers me.

MountainDrew likes to make stuff like this cause' he knows it bothers some people mildly. He's the evil mod creator who makes a good mod. :b

Ah! I should have known! D:

But thanks, though. You've helped clear up a few things for me!

Hi, a couple of questions. First,can you not consume any fruit past elderberry? I am not able to consume the dragon fruit I crafted. Second, with the heart of the elements most weapons seem to be almost useless against bosses due to the invincibility frames generated by the attacks that allow mobs to be immune to a lot of damage, not sure if this is intentional but reduces the usage of the item.

Hi, a couple of questions. First,can you not consume any fruit past elderberry? I am not able to consume the dragon fruit I crafted. Second, with the heart of the elements most weapons seem to be almost useless against bosses due to the invincibility frames generated by the attacks that allow mobs to be immune to a lot of damage, not sure if this is intentional but reduces the usage of the item.

Hm? That's odd. You should be able to use them.. Before I test if there's a bug: which of the Calamity Fruits have you used so far?

With regards to the Heart of the Elements, it's damage amplifies itself depending on where you are in the game. It's more than likely whatever weapon you have deals approximately the same damage regardless. As for letting you attack, you can always be more mobile so the waifus don't constantly hog it.

Though there is something nice about a bunch of beautiful women beating up every enemy that comes your way before they even get to you.

Back
Top Bottom