tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
index.php

Very Cool Mod :)
Am Currently Stuck On Goliath And Duke Fishron On My Death Playtrough

There's something weird going on. On a gamepedia page for calamity mod recipe for silva armor is some effulgent feathers, cosmilite bars, endothermic energy, nightmare fuel and a lead core. And the weird thing is the recipe for silva armor in my game uses yharon soul fragments instead of effulgent feathers. Also the sprite of rune of kos is different on a gamepedia page than in my game. I'm really confused, what's going on?

Is there a particular place that I'm supposed to submit/post fan stuff for the mod? I wanted to ask and make sure before I make a fool of myself and submit/post it where I shouldn't.

Oh also I just found out about calamity mod's shrines. I've never heard about them before and never seen them in my game. Again like I said I have no clue what's going on with my game.

There's something weird going on. On a gamepedia page for calamity mod recipe for silva armor is some effulgent feathers, cosmilite bars, endothermic energy, nightmare fuel and a lead core. And the weird thing is the recipe for silva armor in my game uses yharon soul fragments instead of effulgent feathers. Also the sprite of rune of kos is different on a gamepedia page than in my game. I'm really confused, what's going on?
Update the mod, brotha.

And btw don't forget about https://prnt.sc/ihju7e

Can someone please give me some tips on how to dodge DoG's lasers when he's in the middle of his final phase? I've been trying to kill him for a month now and I'm in normal mode. My setup is bloodflare armor, blissful bombardier, ambrosial ampoule, frigid bulwark, deific amulet, seraph tracers, asgard's valor and i've got a skybridge as long as entire small world and I still die in the middle of his final phase. I'm so fed up with this boss. I'm exhausted, ready to give up and there's no way I can defeat him.:(
I would recommend a rod of discord. I know it's hard to get but if you use a zerg potion it shouldn't take too long. I was able to kill him without it so if you just keep practicing you'll be able to do it. It took me like 4 days of raging before I killed him. Anything that increases your invincibility time is great too :D. I would also recommend the stardust staff, as it causes a lot of lag while doing decent damage and can slow down the game, allowing you extra time to dodge the lasers. Just make sure you don't kill yourself with the rod of discord ;)
[doublepost=1519261074,1519260557][/doublepost]Okay, now I'm gonna ask for some help.

((disclaimer): The reason I have defeated DoG and am not using better gear for this is because I started a new playthrough due to updates. My previous advice from the first part of this merged post is from when I killed DoG around 3 months ago. I have just defeated the Moon Lord if you want to know my stage of progression)

The astrageldon slime. After moon lord. How do I do dis? I MUST HAVE THE JELLY BEAN. I'm in revengeance mode.
Gear:
Tarragon Armor
Warding Heart of the Elements
Warding Deific Amulet
Warding Asgard's Valor
Warding Seraph Tracers
Warding The Sponge
Warding Ambrosial Ampoule
Warding Siren's Heart (blue)
Unreal Astreal Defeat w/ Terra Arrows
Legendary True Ark of the Ancients
Mythical SHPC
and a huge Stardust Dragon
I have eaten the miracle fruit, bringing me to 830 life.

I would recommend a rod of discord. I know it's hard to get but if you use a zerg potion it shouldn't take too long. I was able to kill him without it so if you just keep practicing you'll be able to do it. It took me like 4 days of raging before I killed him. Anything that increases your invincibility time is great too :D. I would also recommend the stardust staff, as it causes a lot of lag while doing decent damage and can slow down the game, allowing you extra time to dodge the lasers. Just make sure you don't kill yourself with the rod of discord ;)
[doublepost=1519261074,1519260557][/doublepost]Okay, now I'm gonna ask for some help.

((disclaimer): The reason I have defeated DoG and am not using better gear for this is because I started a new playthrough due to updates. My previous advice from the first part of this merged post is from when I killed DoG around 3 months ago. I have just defeated the Moon Lord if you want to know my stage of progression)

The astrageldon slime. After moon lord. How do I do dis? I MUST HAVE THE JELLY BEAN. I'm in revengeance mode.
Gear:
Tarragon Armor
Warding Heart of the Elements
Warding Deific Amulet
Warding Asgard's Valor
Warding Seraph Tracers
Warding The Sponge
Warding Ambrosial Ampoule
Warding Siren's Heart (blue)
Unreal Astreal Defeat w/ Terra Arrows
Legendary True Ark of the Ancients
Mythical SHPC
and a huge Stardust Dragon
I have eaten the miracle fruit, bringing me to 830 life.
don't get hit while circling it, literally the only thing you need to do.

woo beat SCal on reveangeance

for anyone struggling with DoG's laser walls (make sure to have the long platform arena), just when they're about to hit you, make a simple jump

I wouldn't recommend the rod of discord. The State of Chaos debuff makes you lose life when Dog is alive (or that happened to me).

Yeah, when I hunted down the RoD (I didn't know it was craftable until now), it gave me the god slayer inferno debuff whenever I teleported
Use the astral arcanum or astral bulwark to negate the god slayer debuff, if you think it's worth using an accessory slot to use the RoD.

Last edited:
Please be advised:
- Directly copying code/sprites from this mod is strictly prohibited. You can use it as an example to go by but copying it will lead to strict and immediate action.

So, would copying and pasting a vanilla function I didn't know about until I decompiled calamity count as directly copying? I have a few ModLoader.GetMod("")s in my code...

I need some advice for fighting Signus, specifically when under 50% life in revengeance. When he's under 50% life and he does his spawn lamps/charge attack, he basically stays on top of you and you can't dodge it. How do you dodge it?
Screenshot (31).png

Hey folks, first post on the forum, made an account since I am having a problem with a boss in Calamity which seems to crash my game when I try and fight it.

The boss is Astrum Deus, which when spawned all the worms seem to race around for a while chasing me but at some point, perhaps when one of them contacts me (could be a coincidence?) the game freezes and I crash to desktop.

I am not sure if anyone has had this problem or if there is a fix, my hardware specs;

980 Nvidia
Quad core I7
12 gig ram

I can run pretty much any modern game on my PC on top settings, the rest of the game runs perfectly, including 10x spawns (battle horn, zerg/war potions etc) during a event like pumpkin moon and I have beat all bosses up to Plantera and the Holiday events (on Leviathan/Astrum Deus now).

My mod list;

Heroes mod V0.2
Fargos mutant mod V0.15.04
Crystilium V11.3.1.5
Tremor Remastered 1.3.2.7
Maxstackplus V3.2
Boss Checklist V0.1.5.2
Boss Materials Plus V1.1.2
Elemental unleash 1.3.2.3
Beyond the Forgotten ages V0.4
Pumpkings mod V1.1.3.1
Inksushis mod V4.3.1
Reduced grinding V4.2.3
Recipe Browser V0.5.2
Magic Storage V0.4.3.1
Infinity Endless items V17
Yet Another boss healthbar V1.2.1
Calamity mod 1.2.4.205
Thorum mod V1.4.3.8
More Accessories V2.1

The things I have tried so far is turning off Frame skip, I saw a comment online saying that causes some problems, and I disabled the "Yet another boss healthbar" mod, as someone said that had issues with it yet no luck so far, always crashes seconds into the fight.

Would appreciate any help, any more information required ill see what I can do.

Thanks folks.

OH! Side note, and a further question. With all these mods that also add NPC's I get the feeling I cannot have them all, I have 47 or so people in my world, but I know theres others that are viable to spawn and I have tons of housing. Been a long time and not had some people who have died replaced (glyph dude, i am looking at you!)

Is there a cap on NPC's in a world and further, is there a mod or quick way for a newbie at modding to increase it?

Thanks again for any help. Really want to fight Astrum Deus, looks great and loved the mods bosses so far (and the mod in general) great work!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom