tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,448 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I have a small question for you guys: what's your headcanon about the personality of the main bosses? It's actually because I'm wondering how I could write them. While I have my idea for the DoG and Cal, I would like to know what you think for the rest, and I will take note if I see something I like.

Lets see...

The Pre-hardmode I don't really have much for, really only a few bosses have text being shown...lets see...

Brimstone-Likely angry, or enraged, but with a hint of melancholy? considering her home was destroyed by calamitas, and she hates any attempts to worship her, which you're pretty much doing by summoning her.

Plaguebringer-Robotic. Just...enough said.

Polterghast-no speech, but I can see it being more of an amalgamation-like thingy, where it can't exactly decide what to focus on, but still exists...I don't know

Signus-Quiet, but more of the sinister kind of villain, cold-hearted perhaps?

Did you fly too high above the ground? The air an (irritatingly) small distance above any surface biome counts as the overworld. Just trying to rule things out, as I constantly have problems with this happening and bosses going invincible while fighting in platform arenas.

As for your jetpack strategy, flying will cause DoG to try to headbutt you in his blue phase. As for the laser walls, again, the counter scarf/shield of cthulhu shine here, as charging through the gap in the lasers makes it much easier. In my opinion, the counter scarf and shield are some of the most useful trinkets in the game until you get their direct upgrade: Asgard's Valor. You should be able to make it before DoG and upgrade it even farther after killing him and making the forge. And yes, dash with the boss.

After fighting Providence a few more times, it seems like moving too far away from her, even in the same biome, causes her to go invincible until she gets uncomfortably close to you again (like, REALLY close). As for the Asgard's Valor, I'll have to give it a try, since I had no idea it existed until now.
As a side note, I found out that one of the tips for the DoG's second phase on the wiki literally suggests "make a pit the size of a biome, set your spawn at the top and fall down the hole while attacking the head," and I find that beautiful.

Oh ok, thanks. However, other enemies (for example Aquatic Parasite) also cause difficulties at the beginning.
You can find some decent accessories and weapons (including the best pre-hardmode summoning staff in the game, if that's your sort of thing) in the shadow chests down in the Abyss, but otherwise there's no real reason to be there, other than that it looks cool and the music is nice. Come to think of it, most of the accessories you find down in the Abyss just help you explore the Abyss better. Like wow, great, now I can get down to the part where I die instantly to a squid faster than ever before, then trek my sorry :red: the whole way back to the edge of the world to get the 30 gold I dropped. Again.

You can find some decent accessories and weapons (including the best pre-hardmode summoning staff in the game, if that's your sort of thing) in the shadow chests down in the Abyss, but otherwise there's no real reason to be there, other than that it looks cool and the music is nice. Come to think of it, most of the accessories you find down in the Abyss just help you explore the Abyss better. Like wow, great, now I can get down to the part where I die instantly to a squid faster than ever before, then trek my sorry :red: the whole way back to the edge of the world to get the 30 gold I dropped. Again.
But why. For example, I need underwater resources (Corall, Seashell, Stars) or Water Chests, and I do not have the opportunity spawn Desert Scourge. The Abyss must remain a complex and dangerous biome to start the game, but Sulfurus Sea has quite a lot of problems in exploring the ocean coast.

But why. For example, I need underwater resources (Corall, Seashell, Stars) or Water Chests, and I do not have the opportunity spawn Desert Scourge. The Abyss must remain a complex and dangerous biome to start the game, but Sulfurus Sea has quite a lot of problems in exploring the ocean coast.
I don't think anything like seashells or coral actually spawn in the Sulphrous Sea. You're better off sticking with the ocean on the other side for that sort of thing. Also, the miniboss Cnidrion spawns in the Underground Desert/Anthill pretty commonly, and drops loads of every ocean resource you'd need, as well as some Victory Shards.

Lets see...

The Pre-hardmode I don't really have much for, really only a few bosses have text being shown...lets see...

Brimstone-Likely angry, or enraged, but with a hint of melancholy? considering her home was destroyed by calamitas, and she hates any attempts to worship her, which you're pretty much doing by summoning her.

Plaguebringer-Robotic. Just...enough said.

Polterghast-no speech, but I can see it being more of an amalgamation-like thingy, where it can't exactly decide what to focus on, but still exists...I don't know

Signus-Quiet, but more of the sinister kind of villain, cold-hearted perhaps?

I like your Signus and Brimstone suggestion, they fit the lore well.

The take for which I was going for Yharim is "Affably evil", what do you think?

I like your Signus and Brimstone suggestion, they fit the lore well.

The take for which I was going for Yharim is "Affably evil", what do you think?

Not bad, though I'd imagine he'd be a little upset after Yharon was killed. Though I'm not against your idea.

Also, I forgot to mention Providence, who I think would be more of the basic god, but hey, your story.

I would really like Fabsol to put Calamitas human form(she would be my new Calamity waifu)
Edit:I was playing with that mod for calamity mod(yes its stupid)The apotheosis test and there is a sword fusion of all swords and im was thinking ''tho sprite is very cool and it remembers me to THE LORDE sword so that sword is some Yharim sword or something?

Last edited:
I would really like Fabsol to put Calamitas human form(she would be my new Calamity waifu)
Edit:I was playing with that mod for calamity mod(yes its stupid)The apotheosis test and there is a sword fusion of all swords and im was thinking ''tho sprite is very cool and it remembers me to THE LORDE sword so that sword is some Yharim sword or something?

A human form is planned, but since i'm really really lazy and haven't sprited her yet everyone's going to have to suffer forever muhaha! :)

hi! my friends and i recently started this mod, it is very good. one of the things i like doing in rpgs is planning ahead with my gear, checking the wiki to see how to craft everything i want, and i'm having some trouble with figuring out the endgame gear. the final armour sets/trinkets/weapons are all very impressive, but they all have so much description, and so many abilities mixed together, i am unsure which to use.

which gear should i aim for as the melee/tank player of our group? more specifically, which armour should i use out of Tarragon/Bloodflare/God Slayer/Silva? which accessories? i have most of the materials for the Sponge, which seems decent for tanking. are there any weapons anyone can reccommend? at the momement my group have just beaten the golem and i'm wearing beetle armour.

thank you!

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended, but whenever I'm fighting Providence in Revengence Mode, touching the green flames she shoots out actually damage me by 150. A green "-150" shows up and damages me. Is this intended?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended, but whenever I'm fighting Providence in Revengence Mode, touching the green flames she shoots out actually damage me by 150. A green "-150" shows up and damages me. Is this intended?
Yes, Providence has an armor-piercing attack that's literally a negative heal.

I've had issues with the Sulphurous Sea, every time I load the edge of the right side of my world (obviously the side with the Sulphurous Sea) my game crashes. I can get to about East 8200 on my large world.
---------------------------
Terraria: Error
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at CalamityMod.Tiles.SulphurousSand.NearbyEffects(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean closer)

at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.NearbyEffects(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean closer)

at Terraria.Lighting.PreRenderPhase()

at Terraria.Lighting.LightTiles(Int32 firstX, Int32 lastX, Int32 firstY, Int32 lastY)

at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
OK
This has occurred on a world created and run with exclusively Calamity, but here are the mods I run normally, just in case.
Alchemist NPC v6.9.1
Banner Bonanza v1.0.1.1
Boss Checklist v0.1.5.3
Calamity Mod v1.3.1.1
Colored Damage Types v1.3.0
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls v0.16.2
Laser Sight v0.2
Loot Bags v0.13
Luiafk v1.0.0.128
Magic Storage v0.4.3.1
MaxStackPlus v3.2
Recipe Browser v0.6.1.3
Reforge Armor v1.0
Which Mod Is This From? v2.4
Wing Slot v1.3.2
Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.2.1
imkSushi's Mod v4.3.1
Anything anyone can do will help, as this hinders me from fighting the Aquatic Scourge, and subsequently exploring the Abyss unless I build a physical barrier that stops me from going too far. Thanks!

I think the Valkyrie Valhalla(Star for olds in the forum)sprite for Perforators Hive is great i like the perforators and they hive have a re-sprite and that could work(congratz valkyrie your sprite appeared in dokuro song)

I seem to be having trouble getting Supreme calamitas to drop the "lol" item. I have created several worlds and have attempted to kill her on the fourth attempt AND four times in a row, and neither of these work. I have also noticed that sometimes the game has trouble keeping track of the death count in a world. For instance, I attempted her multiple times in a single world, and died most of them, but when I actually killed her for the first time, it came up with the message as if I had done it on the first attempt, which is not true..... Anyone else experiencing something similar?

I seem to be having trouble getting Supreme calamitas to drop the "lol" item. I have created several worlds and have attempted to kill her on the fourth attempt AND four times in a row, and neither of these work. I have also noticed that sometimes the game has trouble keeping track of the death count in a world. For instance, I attempted her multiple times in a single world, and died most of them, but when I actually killed her for the first time, it came up with the message as if I had done it on the first attempt, which is not true..... Anyone else experiencing something similar?

I experienced the same thing when I went out and decided to start focusing on her (Started on the first of this month, finished it one day later, or yesterday afternoon.)

I've had issues with the Sulphurous Sea, every time I load the edge of the right side of my world (obviously the side with the Sulphurous Sea) my game crashes. I can get to about East 8200 on my large world.
Terraria: Error
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at CalamityMod.Tiles.SulphurousSand.NearbyEffects(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean closer)

at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.NearbyEffects(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean closer)

at Terraria.Lighting.PreRenderPhase()

at Terraria.Lighting.LightTiles(Int32 firstX, Int32 lastX, Int32 firstY, Int32 lastY)

at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
OK
This has occurred on a world created and run with exclusively Calamity, but here are the mods I run normally, just in case.
Alchemist NPC v6.9.1
Banner Bonanza v1.0.1.1
Boss Checklist v0.1.5.3
Calamity Mod v1.3.1.1
Colored Damage Types v1.3.0
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls v0.16.2
Laser Sight v0.2
Loot Bags v0.13
Luiafk v1.0.0.128
Magic Storage v0.4.3.1
MaxStackPlus v3.2
Recipe Browser v0.6.1.3
Reforge Armor v1.0
Which Mod Is This From? v2.4
Wing Slot v1.3.2
Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.2.1
imkSushi's Mod v4.3.1
Anything anyone can do will help, as this hinders me from fighting the Aquatic Scourge, and subsequently exploring the Abyss unless I build a physical barrier that stops me from going too far. Thanks!

Hey my game crashes when I enter the abyss. Does anyone know what the cause is

I suspect its something to do with the update that went out not too long ago, I'm having the same problem, when before the update the Abyss/Sulpherous sea was fine.

Back
Top Bottom