Official Calling All Terrarians: TCF needs you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to apply for that mobile terraria part because I just hit my 1000th hour this morning on my phone :D

Living up to Leinfors' legacy? Hah, you fools. Such a feat is impossible for mere mortals.

Any vague estimate on when applications will close? I need to think this over for a bit, not sure I can handle yet another soul-crushing disappointment.
To quote TK himself, "When we're good and ready."

We don't have a specific date, but you will have plenty of time and we will make an announcement about it when apps close.

If you want to apply, apply. We will determine if you "have what it takes" based on your application and other mitigating factors (which include but are not limited to: :red:posts made per day, salt generated per hour, and being younger than Matsu.)
Thank, but my parents are very strict about this matter and some of the people in this forums doesn't really find me appealing

So i'm going to wait another 2 years for this.

I am usually hyped for stu/aff like that but idunno. Somehow I don't care about this community, don't ask me why xD

Yeah... might not be such a good idea to let the community vote on who's gonna be a staff member. We'd get a person who is popular but unqualified to hold a position of authority and a representative of Re-Logic. Because that's the thing people tend to overlook. Your actions as a moderator/administrator reflects not only on you, but also on the other staff members. the site itself, and the company you represent.

I'm not unfamiliar with the work, as a former administrator of a previously-large-now-defunct community. It's an interesting job - on both the good days, and on the bad days when you get to deal with people that make you want to rip your hair out.

Another thing to note is that being a staff member also makes you "popular" in both the good and bad ways. People are going to want to cozy up to you because you're important. They'll think that you'll give them secrets if they annoy you enough. There are people that will come out of nowhere and ask you about your day. And then there are the people who will lash out at you simply for being an authority figure. Being a staff member does mean that no two days are alike. People will come; people will go, but there will almost always be someone doing something interesting.

It may be volunteer work, but it is still work nonetheless, and you are expected to pull your weight as a staff member. That generally means dedicating some of your free time to handling rulebreakers and forum reports. And not just the legit reports either. You'll get what is known as "false reports," and some people who won't stop making them. Then there are times where you may have to write infractions to people you know - be they a popular forum person or one of your friends. I don't have any advice to give for dealing with that. It's just hard to handle on a personal level.

Even if you don't factor in the NDA, staff members are privy to information that shouldn't be getting out to the public. You'll be expected to keep quiet about more than just company secrets.

It's not a job for everyone. Heck, it's not a job for most people in general. It takes a rare set of traits to even be good at the job.

I remember my time as an administrator. it had its ups and its downs. The experiences I had, I'll carry with me. It's ultimately a job I enjoyed doing. I would do it again without too much objection. I may make an application.

I think the team and community would greatly benefit from my experience as a moderator for multiple gaming communities. And it will be an opportunity to dismiss some of the erroneous assumptions my reputation as a Starbound moderator may have instigated.

I can definitely roll with the punches and the responsibility sounds fun.

Decided to put my application in. I'd be proud to be part of the team. :dryadhappy:

I'm not going to apply.
Despite all of the things I fit for in this thread, and despite all the things that encourage people in my exact position to apply, and despite wanting to, I'm not.
I don't think it would work, plus there's one thing that is an issue, in that I don't spend a lot of my time playing Terraria (still can't beat Wall of Flesh, I'm bad at the game :p).

inb4 I do it anyway

I'm probably pretty qualified for this but I don't think I'm gonna try for mod, I have mod experience, have 400+ terraria mobile hours, and have 2 devices of different kinds with terraria mobile. But the legal stuff sounds too complicated and my age would hold me back. Other than the legal stuff it sounds like it would be fun like the other time I moderated.

I have mod/admin experience, but it doesn't seem to be a work for me. I can keep secrets for myself, but that MDA and company stuff is just discouraging me. Probably not for me, would rather stay as an user.

I don't think I will apply, because I will just not be able to deal with moderating the TCF when school starts again, as from 1AM to 6AM PST equals to from 10AM to 3PM CEST (Central European Summer Time for those who don't know).
And even if I'm taken Into the mid-to-late morning or early-to-mid afternoon Team (I don't exactly know how it works), I wouldn't be able to manage my workflow in 2 months
Plus it'll bother me to ask my parents to sign something when I'm 3 weeks away from turning 18 :)

So maybe another time for me but not now ; instead, I'll wish luck to everyone applying to become a moderator.

upload_2016-6-27_21-48-48.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd like to apply, but I don't want to at the same time because of two reasons:
- Sharing personal details isn't my favorite thing to do, even if the details are kept secret. I may send a PM though to someone and ask what details really are needed.
- Time. I don't know if I will have the time.

But I'll think about the thing.

If I can get my internet access issues resolved first I would give it a shot but I might not be able to do that in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom