NPCs & Enemies Can you please nerf Planteras's tentacles?

Eye Of Cthulhu 🌳

Eye of Cthulhu
There is no reason for each of her tentacles to have the health of the Eye of Cthulhu.
Especially when there are easily 20 or more of them

And the fact they do 110 damage with 98 defense Master Mode, but that's less of a problem than they're ridiculous tankiness
Could you reduce their health a bit?

(After a small discussion, maybe they don't need a nerf?
Thanks @Big Sammich)

Last edited:
Plantera's tentacles don't have the health of Eye of Cthulhu, though. EoC has 2800 health, while the tentacles only have 1000. Even in Master Mode, they don't have as much health as EoC has in Classic. While the tentacles do have 20 defense, that doesn't change the fact that EoC has much more HP. It really shouldn't take that long to take down the tentacles, especially because they don't respawn. I don't think this is necessary.

The tentacles are easy to dodge? They're relatively slow moving, and are pretty quickly dispatched if you focus on removing them.
I never really see the tentacles as a problem unless you're bad at melee or have an arena too small for the fight.

Guess i was wrong
But its still annoying to beat down on the Tentacle in master mode for a solid 10 seconds and its still there, not to mention it just pulls out literal THOUSANDS more health on the field in its second phase

The tentacles are easy to dodge? They're relatively slow moving, and are pretty quickly dispatched if you focus on removing them.
I never really see the tentacles as a problem unless you're bad at melee or have an arena too small for the fight.
I find them difficult due to them spawning on Planteras hooks and their erratic movements

Master Mode bosses are supposed to be much tankier than normal. If you're frustrated that you can't shred them in seconds... tough.
Yes, yes, i understand master mode make everything tankier, but I feel like Plantera just summoning 25 King slime health minions that do 110 damage is a little too much

Yes, yes, i understand master mode make everything tankier, but I feel like Plantera just summoning 25 King slime health minions that do 110 damage is a little too much
I find it reasonable, it's supposed to be a tough fight. The tentacles are restricted in movement around the hooks, so if you can evade the hooks, you're likely to evade the tentacles as well. I suggest using the master ninja gear of SoC if you're having problems evading them.

Use a piercing weapon and ignore them, that's what I always do. You could also try aiming between the gaps, though that's a bit more dubious.

My real frustration with them is how they butcher the performance of weapons weapons like Rainbow Rod, where the tentacles distract the projectile from dealing all its damage to the boss. Also minorly affects whips as well, where the whip may hit a tentacle after hitting the boss, focusing the minions on that tentacle. From what I've heard, however (I don't like summoner all that much so I can't say myself), it's not all that bad to play around though.

Last edited:
I find it reasonable, it's supposed to be a tough fight. The tentacles are restricted in movement around the hooks, so if you can evade the hooks, you're likely to evade the tentacles as well. I suggest using the master ninja gear of SoC if you're having problems evading them.
Im not really sure what the problem is for me
They're easy to not get hit by, but they're more likely to get hit by SoC's dash than anything, and then i get eaten by Plantera

Use a piercing weapon and ignore them, that's what I always do. You could also try aiming between the gaps, though that's a bit more dubious.

My real frustration with them is how they kill weapons like Rainbow Rod, where the tentacles distract the projectile from dealing all its damage to the boss. Also minorly affects whips as well, where the whip may hit a tentacle after hitting the boss, focusing the minions on that tentacle. From what I've heard, however (I don't like summoner all that much so I can't say myself), it's not all that bad to play around though.
You can right-click with a Staff to focus your minions on that enemy, instead of relying on a whip to target them!

You can right-click with a Staff to focus your minions on that enemy, instead of relying on a whip to target them!
You can, but the whip will override it. The only way to completely avoid the problem then is to not use whips, which is not in a summoning-focused build's best interest.

What IS a good interest is using Forbidden armor and a piercing magic weapon like Venom Staff and equally investing in both of them, using the staff to target the boss and then switching to the magic weapon.

Back
Top Bottom