Note: Requires Mod Helpers
This mod makes town NPCs stingy and adhere to the rule of supply & demand. As such, popular items will have their prices marked up. Also, don't let your vendor townsfolk die. Dying is expensive.
Config settings available in "My Documents/Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs/Capitalism Config.json".
Source code available. API now available.
Requires tModLoader (+0.11). Copy the above .tmod file to your 'Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods' folder to play.
Possible future additions
- Selling items decreases their value (need to figure out how to implement this adequately).
- Assorted favor or disfavor conditions for pricing.
- Credit and loans!
- Updated to TML11.5
- Config ranges defined
- Set config float fields to use hybrid UI input
- Added formula result display to config
- Updated to MHv5 and TML11
- Added ranges to config fields
- Updated to MH v220.127.116.11 (with conventions)
- Switched from snake case to camel case
- Changed uses of WorldHelpers.GetUniqueIdWithSeed to GetUniqueId
- Updated to Mod Helpers v2.0.2
- Added MP player load bug failsafe
- Added Mod.Call API
- Added small bits of polish
- Updated net code to use PacketProtocol
- Possible fix for player issues
- Set world ids to use new convention
- Assorted internal freshness refactoring
- Updated to HH v1.4.18
- Added mod icon
- Added support for Hamstar Helpers v1.2.0 issue report
- Minor internal refactoring
- Added API
- Refactored internal code to newer standard
- Updated for TML 0.10
- Offloaded utility/helper code to Hamstar's Helpers mod (now a dependency)
- Numerous fixes and tweaks
- Added config setting 'Enabled' (allows disabling the mod instead of unloading it)
- Added shop prices markup % indicators as item tooltips
- (Minor?) logic correction for bulk purchase detection
- New formula for item markup (b=base value, t=total purchases): b + ( (b * t)^0.8 ) / 50
- Fixed semi-critical bulk purchases bug
- Altered some default config values
- Changed markup formula (b=base value, t=total purchases, s=total spendings):
b + ( b * t * 0.02 * (0.996 ^ ((t/4) + (s/10000))) )
- Updated config file location.
- Cleaned up some code.
- Smoothed out price markup decay for expensive items.
- Added price markups for female townsfolk during a blood moon.
- Added price reduction for lovestruck townsfolk of the opposite gender.
- Added price markup for stinky players.
- Fixed config reloading between game sessions.
- Added failsafes.
- Fixed multiplayer bug.
- Modified the formula to the following (v=item's base value, t=total purchases):
- v + (v * t * 0.1 * (0.996 ^ t))
- More fixes.
- Fixed possible crash.
- Fixed item buybacks erroneously adding to item markup.
- Fixed crashes.