Console Change to Harpoon

bad_news

Duke Fishron
Yes, you read that correctly. I am suggesting a feature change for console despite not owning it. Don't look at me like that :(.

This is an extremely simple suggestion: make the harpoon do extra damage (double?) to Orcas. It is a reference to the whaling industry (which, for the record, I abhor) and the classic use of harpoons, as well as somewhat to famous tales like Moby :red:.

Thoughts are welcome and encouraged, as usual I guess.

Wait it does?
"Stakes do extra damage to Vampires, in the range of 5000 per hit — enough to one-shot Vampires."

Edit: ninja'd
[DOUBLEPOST=1423626041][/DOUBLEPOST]
I get that it's a reference, but I find it unneeded, but no one would use it's buff, as they probably have better weapons so yeah...
Probably, but thematically it would be nice (think videos in captain ahab vanity), and there's no real reason not to.

Stake launcher on vampires. Eggs on goblins (mobile). Silver on werewolves (at least thats how it should be). I don't see why not. Support.

"Stakes do extra damage to Vampires, in the range of 5000 per hit — enough to one-shot Vampires."

Edit: ninja'd
[DOUBLEPOST=1423626041][/DOUBLEPOST]
Probably, but thematically it would be nice (think videos in captain ahab vanity), and there's no real reason not to.
There is a real reason, no one would use it...

Well then I think this is kinda unneeded since no one uses the harpoon I think waterbolt should do extra damage against lava slime and hellbats

Trust me I have console harpoon sucks and hunting orcas is pointless
I've killed the wall of flesh with the Harpoon. And again, there's no real reason not to and it would be a neat feature.
[DOUBLEPOST=1423626409][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think waterbolt should do extra damage against lava slime and hellbats
Aqua scepter would fit even better.
Could you guys please try to stay on topic?

Me on console: Gets harpoon, useless when enters HM, throws it out, and there was no goblin invasion ever again. I'm probably not the only person with that mindset.

Me on console: Gets harpoon, useless when enters HM, throws it out, and there was no goblin invasion ever again. I'm probably not the only person with that mindset.
Yes, you've made it clear that you don't use the harpoon. Still, can you actually present a reason this would cause any harm?

Yes, you've made it clear that you don't use the harpoon. Still, can you actually present a reason this would cause any harm?
It wouldn't cause harm, it's just Terraria have enough references that aren't used, and I think no one would attack with Orca with a harpoon, cause harpoons with 50 damage? May as well use my Terra Blade.

Well then I think this is kinda unneeded since no one uses the harpoon I think waterbolt should do extra damage against lava slime and hellbats
Look, that's kinda pointless, and worst of all, not all that funny.

This suggestion is meant to be an Easter Egg and doesn't have to be relevant to typical gameplay. It at least references the whaling industry and might get some people to chuckle a bit. The Water Bolt, however, is totally unrelated to any of this.

All Easter Eggs are technically unneeded, but as a developer, you gotta live a little.

One of the major reasons for this is that it would actually give function and incentive to build ships, other than fun.

Back
Top Bottom