tModLoader Cheat Sheet

I have to admit, the paint tool is pretty amazing. I feel kinda bad for preferring Hero's mods due to what it has. If I had the knowledge, I'd combine Hero's and this mod together since it also has many great ideas. I haven't tried playing with a friend though, I'd also want the Paint to be group managed as well, thus why I'd prefer Hero's mod. (Unless I missed the fact this one is group managed as well?)

If I could, I'd simply put Item Vacuum, Recipe Book, Paint all in its own slot in Hero's menu so I don't have two hotbars down below. Out of curiosity, how hard would that be to a complete novice on coding? I am smart but alas...

Thanks for this though. Since Tedit doesn't support mod, cheat sheet helped recover a bit of a long running base of me and my friend as we wanted to play with Tmod, but was originally on a regular Tshock server. Hero was a sort of replacement for commands. The only thing I was missing is Tshock World Edit.

~~~~

An idea for paint is to force it to log what it replaces, so you have the opportunity to undo what you did, it could prevent accidental "paints". It took multiple tries and a force server close before the world saved when I accidentally painted to many times.

Also, I don't know if this is a gltich, but perhaps you should add a wait timer for the buttons. They seem to act on press at every frame, often causing me to struggle to select stuff. Is this a bug, or my own fault?

Last edited:
So, ive been using this mod for about three days, LOVE IT, but the paint tool doesnt seem to work for me...
Ive tried resseting my terraria several times and it still doesnt work.
I would appreciate some help
-Thanks

After browsing through Hero's Source and Cheat Sheat's source, I am rightfully confused. It seems functions are moduled, but I can't for the life of me even "understand" how to import several functions from cheat sheat, into hero's mod to be not only controlled from that hotbar, but also managed by groups.

Bleh. Looks like I gotta give up on world edit. Its fine though since building on my own is fun.

So, ive been using this mod for about three days, LOVE IT, but the paint tool doesnt seem to work for me...
Ive tried resseting my terraria several times and it still doesnt work.
I would appreciate some help
-Thanks
do you use the zoom function? because if you use that, its not gonna work jopojelly as state this when modloader 10.0 was released (and is still an issue).

do you use the zoom function? because if you use that, its not gonna work jopojelly as state this when modloader 10.0 was released (and is still an issue).
Okay, wait, I THINK this is relevant to why I'm here right now, but I'm not sure what you're saying. The last few days, my paint tool has been oddly offset, making it difficult to get building done because I can't tell just where everything's gonna end up until I actually paint. BUT I don't know about any "zoom" function, and I wonder if I didn't press a key or click something without realizing it that could have thrown this off. What should I be looking for?

Okay, wait, I THINK this is relevant to why I'm here right now, but I'm not sure what you're saying. The last few days, my paint tool has been oddly offset, making it difficult to get building done because I can't tell just where everything's gonna end up until I actually paint. BUT I don't know about any "zoom" function, and I wonder if I didn't press a key or click something without realizing it that could have thrown this off. What should I be looking for?
In game press escape, there are 2 sliders, if any of them aren't set to 100, the paint tools won't work. I need to find time to make them compatible with zoom.

In game press escape, there are 2 sliders, if any of them aren't set to 100, the paint tools won't work. I need to find time to make them compatible with zoom.
I'll be an Unkey Smuncle... that was it, one of them was off just a little. Now it all works fine! You are the bee sneeze, jopojelly! The cat's unforsaken roar, as we are wont to say 'round these parts!

By the by, can I pester you to take a goose at this thread? I wouldn't ask you to make any more effort than you're inclined to, but maybe you have some offhand insight into what I'm looking to do.

Would you please add Pinky to the NPC menu?
pinky is in the mob menu, but shes stated in with blue slime "name" on it with grey color/sprite at the bottom of the list if you put on the name slime, so you have the list so why not screw/test it because you know you have something called "butcher enemies/bosses".

@jopojelly I've used you mod for a long time, i think since i saw it first shown up on the forum and wanted to say its wonderful, but I've finally ran into a problem. when i try to make/load a world with it enabled, i get a message saying basically the world gen has crashed or in terms of loading it says load failed, no backup found. is there a way to fix this without having to get rid of any of my major mods?

EDIT: if this has been answered already, what page was it answered on so i can find it?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CheatSheet.CheatSheetWorld.Initialize() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\CheatSheetWorld.cs:line 14
at Terraria.ModLoader.WorldHooks.SetupWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

the only thing I know of this message is that, it is literally trying to use an object that isnt there, its not like i know how to fix it alone.

EDIT II: so it doesn't seem to be caused by other mods, im trying to troubleshoot the problem myself but to no avail, plus im not very well versed in code so i really don't know much except the fact that the world-gen is being affected by cheat sheet in a negative way and making it impossible to load/create and worlds

EDIT III: does no one ever answer the questions of error reports here, because i have seen tons and none have a reply from anyone, just saying that if there is a solution to this then it would be nice for someone to be kind enough to link that solution or privately message the people the link. It's very frustrating when you have a problem with a specific thing and no one tries to help you because it might have been answered somewhere already and they just can't be bothered to link them to it.

I have been trying to fix this problem for over a week now, and have gotten no help what so ever, all i wanted to know is if there was a way to fix it or am i just out of luck and can no longer use this mod at all when it is preventing me from completely loading or creating worlds, and it is the only thing causing it since i tested it alone.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to use the recipe browser, without having everyone else on your server have the ability to spawn in items?
download the "recipe browser mod" and go to the controls menu and assing whatever key you want on the keyboard, chippy gaming use that mod on his calamity mod playthrough (not the revengence one).

pinky is in the mob menu, but shes stated in with blue slime "name" on it with grey color/sprite at the bottom of the list if you put on the name slime, so you have the list so why not screw/test it because you know you have something called "butcher enemies/bosses".

You are right. Thanks a lot!

Hey jopo, I've noticed that Cheat Sheet's recipe browser is badly outdated compared to the standalone Recipe Browser. Any plans on updating it? Because trying to use both Cheat Sheet and the standalone Recipe Browser at once to (To compensate for it.) causes the "Failed to load" error...

Hey jopo, I've noticed that Cheat Sheet's recipe browser is badly outdated compared to the standalone Recipe Browser. Any plans on updating it? Because trying to use both Cheat Sheet and the standalone Recipe Browser at once to (To compensate for it.) causes the "Failed to load" error...
Not really, the standalone Recipe Browser is a complete rewrite and it would be a lot of work to port that back because of incompatibilities.

Back
Top Bottom