Cheesing the Moon Lord (without grinding martians)

Was this helpful?

• Yes

• A little

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ominick

Terrarian
So...
You clicked this because the Moon Lord is hard, right?
I hope in this thread to be able to quickly show you the greatest weapons of the moon lord, and how to avoid them or use them against him, aswell as his weaknesses.

The conventional weapons of the Lord
You probably already know these... health sucking, true eyes of cthulhu, and, of course, the feared forehead Death Ray.
But if you are challenged by him you may be surprised to hear what his greatest weapon is.
Fear.
Even if you may deny that you downright fear him, it is only natural to get very nervous (at least) around the moon lord, once you now this, you'll notice that he is alot simpler to handle than you thought. It is simply performance-lowering to have a humongous monster with half a million attacks chasing you. The attacks are all relatively predictable though, once you train yourself to get over the stress.

A (relatively) quick and simple strategy
You'll need:
High-level yo-yo, Eye of Cthulhu was how I did it the first time.
Solar flare
Beetle armor (defensive)
Wings (level is not too important, enhanced jump wil work too)
Since martian items are a pain in the :red: we'll skip those, no cosmic car keys.
Some dirt
Some platforms
Regular healing blocks (lanterns and campfires)
A nearby nurse
Equipment and such corresponding to your personal strengths and weaknesses, it's not that important.

1. Build a regular arena in a relatively flat spot, have some 3-4 levels of wooden platforms, about 10 blocks apart, so you can easily and quickly jump between levels without adding too much tediousness to building the aren pretty tall. Make it a bit wider than it's tall.
  2. Add healer blocks so everything is covered, you might want some area above the arena covered too.
  3. Add a one-block layer of dirt (or something nicer if you fancy) directly above the highest level of platforms, leaving just enough space to walk on the top level of platforms. This will be your "Laser Shield". If you are confident in your dodging abilities you can add a few holes for your yo-yo to go through instead of going around the shield, it'll save you quite a few seconds even with just one or two holes, but the more you add, the higher the risk of being hit by the laser as it pokes through. You can also add a second shield layer witha 1 block spacing above the first, and then have holes about every 5 blocks or so in the bottom layer, and then add holes to the upper level adjusted some 2-3 blocks to the left of the lower holes, this takes more time, but adds perfect laser protection and a ton of holes to send your yo-yo through, you can also skip this altogether, since it's generally completely acceptable to use the solar flare instead.
  4. If you already have an arena it is of course much better to modify that, don't build an entirely new arena if you don't feel like what you have is way off from what I've described.
  5. Summon The Lord
  6. Stand on the top level directly under your shield.
  7. Start poking the forehead eye with a yo-yo or solar flare, leave it when you could beat the rest of it in a few seconds, I usually leave just above 200 HP.
  8. Give the hands the same treatment, the hands are almost always easier to get with a yo-yo.
  9. When you are just about done, you should have lost a maximum of half of your health, if you have a good dodging game alot less, I consider myself average and with pre-Lord items i usually have about 400 HP by now. Go to the nurse if you think you can do it losing less health than she heals you.
  10. Kill all three eyes.
  11. Dodging time!
  12. Start running back and forth along your arena while randomly ascending and descending through levels. Don't go too fast or you'll get hurt on the empty sockets where the Lords eyes were. Keep your yo-yo at his heart. It becomes a damage race now. You will steadily lose health, He will lose it faster. Fast enough though?
  13. The nurse is your best friend.
  14. To complicate things further, the three True Eyes will turn it into quite the bullet hell.
  15. They have a minor death laser attack mimicking the Lord's attack, but far less powerful, ignore that.
  16. Dodge their shots if you can.
  17. Sometimes they create six clones of themselves and charge, this is the most dangerous attack, since if they do it together, and one hits you, the momentary paralysis from knockback almost ensures they'll all hit, meaning huge health loss or death, a well timed jump is all that is needed though. They will not change directions once they are moving at you, and will usually start their charge far away enough for you to have well over a second to dodge, once you get the hang of it, it'll almost feel relaxing.
  18. Health potions.
  19. It'll take a few tries, just because you know the theoretical technique means nothing.
  20. NEVER give in to fear, stress, or anything else, that is, in the end, always what makes him win.
  21. Patience, but don't be slow.
Remember that Ol' Looney is the final boss, and won't come down easily. And yes, i know, not stressing when it comes down to it is nearly impossible, if you beat him (or lose) and your heart isn't beating, you aren't playing right, after all, that's what makes it fun isn't it?

tbh. moon lord can be killed easily by grenades xD
try it. inventory editor and tons of grenades, beetle armor, and a solar flare if you're up to it. grenades were my best friend in the eye portion
-Jaybarb
Good Luck! I hope I helped!
/Ominick

P.S. Can you answer the poll?

Last edited:
GG
but... lol.
why not just use a battle arena used for the twins? they have the same tactics as retinazer and any bullet shooting boss.
try it. inventory editor and tons of grenades, beetle armor, and a solar flare if you're up to it. grenades were my best friend in the eye portion

GG
but... lol.
why not just use a battle arena used for the twins? they have the same tactics as retinazer and any bullet shooting boss.
Of course the arena I describe is not extremely unique, and now that you mention, i forgot to say that it's a much better idea to convert an existing arena, that's a great time saver. I'll add that right away.
I didn't know! I'll try it out as soon as I can...

no for testing. i wouldn't test it on a normal world. haven't tried in a while so idk if anything is different. but grenades do good damage to things regardless of armor.
Since when does grenade have armor penetrating?

What do you mean?
When 1.3 was release, people can cheese Cheese Moon Lord by standing on a spike, get 1 damage and quickly regen it, while the immunity will keep being reset, so you kinda take no damage from ML .... until 1.3.0.6, when you gain your own immunity cooldown for ML separately from other source of damage.

One word - Razorblade Typhoon.
It's only weapon I actually needed to defeat Moon Lord. Aside of that - fast mount + long arena and Spectre Armor.
You just spam with Typhoon and focus on running/collecting hearts from lanterns.

here some info, if you can farm martian invasion, cosmic car key is useful for fishron wing, as it will give some speed to make wing more faster so you can dodge faster.
razorblade typhoon is mean to be used with mana boosters, as you don't need worry about mana, since mana booster gives high mana rate, so you don't need mana potions when you have mana boosters, satutes will sometime give boosters, so kill monsters spawned from satute to get boosters.

Back
Top Bottom