tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually if we could take that and add in some terrain effects to make a Geomancer class I would never play anything else ever.

That seems hard but...

It might be somewhat doable? For example, having the special summon a much larger gem which provides a boost depending on the gem consumed and the level of the player to all players nearby (similar to the campfire and similar structures).

As for strenghtening the player, having the Large Gems could modify the damage values and add aditional effects to gem staves depending on level. This would make the class supportive with a chance to defend itself.

I dont see Disgaea's Geo Effects being in play in Terraria in the same way as they are in that game...

I just thought, if there could be a touch or jump dependent class... The perfect one would be...

Prince Slime (The class being based on slimes, and is jump&hit class...)
Starting Items: Royal Gel, Frog Leg, Shiny Red Balloon
Choosing this class would grant: +1 Bonus level, +2 jump height, +15% thorns, +2% damage resistance, but -25% damage to everything except Thorns damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you would generally get a bonus of:
Always: +1 Bonus level
Usually: +10% thorns and +1% damage resistance, or +1 jump height and +3% damage resistance.
Active would be pressing down key to launch yourself, at the end dealing damage based on bonus levels multiplied with (jump height(in blocks) divided by 10) and multiplied by (1+thorns/100)x. MOUNTS DOESN'T COUNT! It's essentially counted as damage from buff...
Special: When constantly jumping, all bonuses are doubled... 7 defense is counting as 2% of thorns extra. Takes no damage from falling

Last edited:
That seems hard but...

It might be somewhat doable? For example, having the special summon a much larger gem which provides a boost depending on the gem consumed and the level of the player to all players nearby (similar to the campfire and similar structures).

As for strenghtening the player, having the Large Gems could modify the damage values and add aditional effects to gem staves depending on level. This would make the class supportive with a chance to defend itself.

I dont see Disgaea's Geo Effects being in play in Terraria in the same way as they are in that game...

I'm not sure what Disgaea's Geo effects are. I was talking more like the Final Fantasy style that does diffrent stuff based on where you're standing. In terraria being like having this effect in the ocean, this effect in caverns, this in the jungle, ect. Or just general buffs along the line of the other classes in this based on biomes. Standing in Hallow gives magic, ect.
I'm a moth and he's a demon. I can see his wings and the balls but not when he fires them, he cannot see my moth wings or spores
This is a problem my group has too with some classes. Not with those classes specifically, but no one else can see the Pharaoh's sandstorm.

Question:
If I've already defeated two bosses on my world, and I download this mod, will I have to defeat them again to get the bonuses?

Found a minor bug regarding capes over class-inherent wings (I have tested this with Moth and the Red Cape, myself).
The cape does not override the wings for the person wearing it, at any point in-world, and not even on ground. The cape displays over the wings in character selection, and that is it.
For other players seeing the person, the cape overrides wings at all times, including when flying, giving glitchy results.

I don't know if this has been asked before, because there's twenty three pages of comments...and reading isn't exactly fun...

but is there a way to change your class without making a new character?

Question:
If I've already defeated two bosses on my world, and I download this mod, will I have to defeat them again to get the bonuses?
Yes - but, if you'd rather not, you can cheat in a Forgotten Journal Page. Using it will get your character levels for the bosses killed in that world.

Found a minor bug regarding capes over class-inherent wings (I have tested this with Moth and the Red Cape, myself).
The cape does not override the wings for the person wearing it, at any point in-world, and not even on ground. The cape displays over the wings in character selection, and that is it.
For other players seeing the person, the cape overrides wings at all times, including when flying, giving glitchy results.
Nothing will override the wing visuals until I can figure out a simple way to do so, and I'm not sure there's a way to get the wings to display in character select. The other issue is caused by the server not knowing that the player has wings, which I should be able to fix.

I don't know if this has been asked before, because there's twenty three pages of comments...and reading isn't exactly fun...

but is there a way to change your class without making a new character?
You can cheat in a Void Contract, which will completely remove your class and give you a fresh blank contract. Your level will remain as it was.

Um. I have a problem. I was originally an Angler, and I void contracted to angel, then to demon. Now I'm trying to go monk, and I tried my active, but it was the angler active.

Awesome! Again changes game too much.
[doublepost=1467603223,1467603002][/doublepost]Is there a video on how the leveling up works? Or even a picture?

I'm gonna be going through this again as a Sage, with a couple other mods this time. I never did finish Soulbound, but I got bored of it, perhaps because of the Scourge of the Corruptor, and me not wanting to update. However, now I'm gonna be a pure mage! I'm mainly going with Sage because the thought of an insane amount of mana sounds nice.

I'm gonna be going through this again as a Sage, with a couple other mods this time. I never did finish Soulbound, but I got bored of it, perhaps because of the Scourge of the Corruptor, and me not wanting to update. However, now I'm gonna be a pure mage! I'm mainly going with Sage because the thought of an insane amount of mana sounds nice.

Make sure to charge your active

Careful about early on, since it costs max mana. Also, absolute max is still 400 even as Sage, but if you're overcap you'll be able to use the active without going under 400.

Careful about early on, since it costs max mana. Also, absolute max is still 400 even as Sage, but if you're overcap you'll be able to use the active without going under 400.
Yeah, originally I was thinking it used mana, not max mana. Now I know, and mostly avoid it, so far. Maybe when I have higher mana, and a surplus of stars, I'll use it.

Yeah, originally I was thinking it used mana, not max mana. Now I know, and mostly avoid it, so far. Maybe when I have higher mana, and a surplus of stars, I'll use it.
If you're not opposed to adding other mods, I recommend using ef's simple auto chests to get those fallen stars easier.

Last edited:
If you're not opposed to adding other mods, I recommend "Simple Auto-Chests" to get those fallen stars easier.
I'm not super opposed to adding other mods, I am, however, slightly opposed to that mod. With it, I could just make those things, meaning I could be lazier and not play the game for the stuff, instead just collecting the stuff when I need it from there.

I'm not super opposed to adding other mods, I am, however, slightly opposed to that mod. With it, I could just make those things, meaning I could be lazier and not play the game for the stuff, instead just collecting the stuff when I need it from there.
Eh. Your decision. I just figured if your ability is going to consume mana you'd rather not have to go around collecting stars to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back