tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying out this mod on my server, and for some reason when my friend uses the Ninja ability on the Eye of Cthulhu, it despawns. We are consistently able to reproduce it - when the ability "activated" (when the mark expires, not when it's applied), the boss despawned immediately.

We tried it out on the Brain of Cthulhu as well, and it despawned early on in the fight as well.

Suggestion: Necromancer class, turns into a skeleton mage(if easy enough to implement), buffs summons, casts debuffs on enemies.

Is it possible to change class?
Yes. You can spawn in contracts with something like Cheat Menu. Use a void first, and the new blank contract second.

Alright, bug report time:
Angel's ability doesn't properly heal friends in multiplayer. From the Angel's POV, the other player will gain health as usual, but it will reset back to normal every second or so. From their POV, their health doesn't change.
Hey, I noticed that the game gets pretty laggy while you charge the dragoon's leap, and it sometimes doesn't work.
Also, some class specific things don't show up to other players on multiplayer.
Is there any way you could fix these issues?
While I haven't experienced any lag, I can confirm the leap doesn't work about half of the time. It's handy for finding islands and whatnot, but useless in combat because of the reliability issues.

Would there be anyway to add classes that work with some of the bigger mods out there? I'd love to see a class to go with Tremor's Alchemist and Thorium's Healer.

Hey there!~ :3 I was just wondering if ya still take suggestions, but just in case, here's one i thought would be interesting:

Wood Elf/ Forest Elf

*Stat increase when boss is defeated: +1-3 Ranged damage , 2-4% Movement Speed Increase, +.5 arrow velocity (Also if it sounds interesting to you, maybe replace one of those with something like Increase inflicted status effect duration and/or chance of infliction (ie Flame arrow's burn or Poison duration on enemies))

*Special: Empowerment in Forest Biome (Like you had done with Blood Knight or Tainted Elf but maybe with with a little bit less of a boost (Instead of 3x, maybe 2x) since the biome is common and easy to live in).

*Ability: Duration 10 - 15 seconds : When using a bow, the player can hold the mouse button to rapid-fire arrows. Arrows can pierce through enemies and deal 10% more damage. Adds the ability to entangle and poison enemies in thorny vines (entanglement should not have an effect on bosses) (Entangled enemies cannot move and are stopped in their tracks completely for 2-3 seconds) (adds them alongside the abilities the arrow originally has like fire arrow's ability to burn enemies).

If ya think anything needs to be added/taken off of there, feel free to do so, :p and if any ideas sound interesting to ya for another class feel free to use them as you wish :D
Hope ya like the idea ^^

Hey there!~ :3 I was just wondering if ya still take suggestions, but just in case, here's one i thought would be interesting:

Wood Elf/ Forest Elf

*Stat increase when boss is defeated: +1-3 Ranged damage , 2-4% Movement Speed Increase, +.5 arrow velocity (Also if it sounds interesting to you, maybe replace one of those with something like Increase inflicted status effect duration and/or chance of infliction (ie Flame arrow's burn or Poison duration on enemies))

*Special: Empowerment in Forest Biome (Like you had done with Blood Knight or Tainted Elf but maybe with with a little bit less of a boost (Instead of 3x, maybe 2x) since the biome is common and easy to live in).

*Ability: Duration 10 - 15 seconds : When using a bow, the player can hold the mouse button to rapid-fire arrows. Arrows can pierce through enemies and deal 10% more damage. Adds the ability to entangle and poison enemies in thorny vines (entanglement should not have an effect on bosses) (Entangled enemies cannot move and are stopped in their tracks completely for 2-3 seconds) (adds them alongside the abilities the arrow originally has like fire arrow's ability to burn enemies).

If ya think anything needs to be added/taken off of there, feel free to do so, :p and if any ideas sound interesting to ya for another class feel free to use them as you wish :D
Hope ya like the idea ^^

Sounds very nice...

I got an idea of an Class:

Hol Horse

Stats alterations are as follows:
+2.5 Movement Speed/+4.0 Flask throwing velocity/+2.5 Range Damage/-1.5 all other Damage Types

Starting Items:
Flintlock Pistol, 25 Musket Balls, 50 Basic Flasks

Stat boost against Bosses
50% of either +3.0 Alchemy and Range Damage, or +3.5% Alchemy and Range critical chance

An class exclusive to those playing with Tremor installed. Channel your favorite gun-tottin', smart-alek, out of luck Stand User Hol Horse. Master the trickshot with a mix of Alchemy and Range damage, and don't be shy...everybody wants you dead.

Special:
"Out of Luck" - 2x enemy encounter rate, and Critical damage is cut in half

Ability:
"Emperor Shot" - Last 20 seconds with a 40 second duration. During the 20 seconds, any bullet or rocket that passes thru alchemy clouds will gain double damage, gains the 4.0 point boost in velocity, and gains Range critical damage equal to half of your Alchemy's Critical chance. If both the Flask and Bullet type are either Posion or Vemon however, you will get the according debuff as well.

whats the name of this mod because i'm really interested in getting this mod thanks!
[doublepost=1495271098,1495270711][/doublepost]whats the name of this mod i'm really interested in playing it

So, are there any known bugs with the latest version? Especially compat with other mods, like Experience and Classes.

Also, the Chronomancer's ability doesn't seem to be healing me at all when I use it. I am at full health when casting the rift, but I stay at whatever I was at when I go back.

Last edited:
Umm, i found an old modded character that had this mod. I'm a marksman, but it had the celestial stars orbiting around me, 9 of them. I've never gone celestial on this character sence it's a ranged only char. Is there a way to fix/reset this?

I have a problem with the Celestial class. When I kill something with something, one of the stars resets it's position. Sometimes if I kill something with a star, the star just disappears completely, eventually leaving me with no stars.

Question, if you attempt to change classes, do all the bonuses that come with it get removed as well? If so, can you then re-kill the bosses for the bonuses of the new class?

I'd be fine with remaking my character but I also have Experience and Classes and that would make me lose a fair bit of progress towards that..

Yes and yes.

Great thanks!

I hope the mod author some day adds a way to create those blank contracts. :) It's a simple enough process to get them by creating a new character, but it would be a nice QOL feature to just be able to craft them!

Just one more question, there is an item listed as a debug item that I forgot the name of, that says it bestows bonuses to your character based on the memories of the world. I am 99% sure that this simply retroactively applies the bonuses of the bosses you've defeated so far to a new class if you've changed, but I'd just like to ask to confirm if that's indeed what it does?

OK so I did the class switch from Arcane Sniper to Marksman and just wanted to report my findings.

- The stats seemed to properly go away upon removing my old class.
- When I switched to Marksman, I gained +15% crit instead of +5%.
- I did not start gaining stats upon rekilling old bosses. I want to say that it seems the stats were applied retroactively upon switching to the new class, but that doesn't really seem to be the case because I would have expected somewhat higher stats than what I got when I switched over. The Forgotten Journal Page also didn't seem to do anything.

I'll probably just create a new character and start from scratch. It's kind of annoying but whatever..

Hey there! Love the mod but I just have a small suggestion/QOL change which would make the mod more wholesome.
I think there needs to be some sort of UI element which shows you which contract you have, what bonuses it gives you, what ability it gives you, and what level you currently are and when you level up.
Mostly because whenever I use the mod, which is all the damn time - love RPG stuff in Terraria, I cant really tell if the bonuses have applied and I think that a little UI element would go a long way to make this an even better mod.

(And more classes never hurt anyone! :D)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and a way to change contracts without a new chracter would be splended!

This is my favorite mod. I just can't seem to play without it. I''m not asking for anything to change. I'd just like for it to be updated to 1.3.5 Tmod. if you could do that I'd be so very appreciative. Thank you.

So I just want to add on to my previous post that it seems that my problem was that I was testing on modded bosses when the mod only appears to work on vanilla bosses. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom