• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxxz

Golem
@Hiccup251 Great mod. Could you consider adding a class advance that requires you to craft something to do it and get maybe a better skill or an other skill and stats and also maybe adjusting the bonuses for killing bosses to compensate?
 

Kiwiking

Terrarian
How about some sort of summoner which has a permanent pet (like the stardust guardian but good) which you control and gets better through the game. Something like a serpent would be cool, could be called the snake charmer!

Starting items:
Maybe some summoning gear like a slime staff or some movement like a cloud in a bottle

+ summon damage 15%
+ Constant snake summon which attacks enemies around the player
- All summon damage 10%

Q - Snake lunges towards the cursor dealing increased damage (short cooldown)
 
Last edited:

Roxxz

Golem
I like the idea of a summon that grows with the player but making that more powerful and having also the ability to summon other stuff might be too much so if possible I would disable the ability to summon other stuff and maybe reduce starting hp by half and max hp -20~25%. Could be a summon like the stardust dragon that each time you kill a boss it has a 75% chance to increase it's dmg and 25% chance to gain an other segment. But idk if possible code wise.
 

Roxxz

Golem
Is this mod dead?
To check if a mod is dead see when it was last updated and then check if the author has connected recently to the forums if both are more than 6 month then the mod probably might not get any further updates otherwise be patient. Also is quite rude to ask it that way.
 

Dnarris

Eye of Cthulhu
To check if a mod is dead see when it was last updated and then check if the author has connected recently to the forums if both are more than 6 month then the mod probably might not get any further updates otherwise be patient. Also is quite rude to ask it that way.
Sir.! Yes, Sir! Respectfully request your permission to keep viewing the site, Sir!
 

Kiwiking

Terrarian
I like the idea of a summon that grows with the player but making that more powerful and having also the ability to summon other stuff might be too much so if possible I would disable the ability to summon other stuff and maybe reduce starting hp by half and max hp -20~25%. Could be a summon like the stardust dragon that each time you kill a boss it has a 75% chance to increase it's dmg and 25% chance to gain an other segment. But idk if possible code wise.
That sounds like a better way of doing it, still, I don't think it's possible after looking into it without some really tricky code. :)
 

Roxxz

Golem
That sounds like a better way of doing it, still, I don't think it's possible after looking into it without some really tricky code. :)
I think it could be that the class item on load summons this "dragon" and you don't give it a buff and therefore if it has no buff it cannot be canceled by the player and this summon takes up for example 20 minion slots that way player cant get other summons and on boss kill if you get the chance to get an other segment then that event makes you get +1 minion slot and the "dragon" is summoned again so you get the bigger dragon.
 

Delosumbra

Terrarian
im assuming because he hasent been on for over 3 months the mod isnt being updated for the new mod loader huh? shame cause i jut found it before the update and it is quite fun :(
 

Kiwiking

Terrarian
I think it could be that the class item on load summons this "dragon" and you don't give it a buff and therefore if it has no buff it cannot be canceled by the player and this summon takes up for example 20 minion slots that way player cant get other summons and on boss kill if you get the chance to get an other segment then that event makes you get +1 minion slot and the "dragon" is summoned again so you get the bigger dragon.
Could make it a dragon tamer class then maybe.
 

Kℯir

Steampunker
Man, I hope this gets updated to the new TModLoader... Was definitely on my list of essential mods :/
 

Hiccup251

Skeletron Prime
Updated. Barely done any bug testing, but not many changes needed to be made here so I don't think anything major could have gone wrong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom