tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: 20 max mana or +4% magic damage.
It seems to not give 20 max mana, but 10. Oversight of code, or you put 20 in the page instead of 10?

Also, during my playthrough so far, I have found no need for the active. I kill things fast(thanks to Thoriums jungle mage weapon), so I never see a use to use it.

So I just finished my thrower playthrough (Killed the Duke, :red: lunar events), and I'm not sure what to go next. I have two unfinished runs, mage and summoner, that I abandoned out of boredom, otherwise I don't really know what to do.

So I just finished my thrower playthrough (Killed the Duke, :red: lunar events), and I'm not sure what to go next. I have two unfinished runs, mage and summoner, that I abandoned out of boredom, otherwise I don't really know what to do.
Maybe a fisherman?
[EDIT] Or perhaps a merman/werewolf.

Maybe there could be a hybrid class of a Merfolk and Werewolf. A Merwolf/Werefolk, if you will. The stats would be lower, obviously. I figure if you're in water and it's night the effects could be stronger than the normal ones, I don't know.

Gonna suggest another summoner. A class purely based on summons, and flying. I don't know what else to say here.

A class of whom hammers are stronger! Just hammers. I wanna be King Dedede in Terraria. Maybe it could be heavily focused on its ability, since hammers don't have range. All, at least vanilla hammers, should get a rather hefty buff, since hammers have no range.

Yeah, I can't think of any more. Sorry they're not detailed, I just don't feel like it, I guess. I don't know.

Maybe there could be a hybrid class of a Merfolk and Werewolf. A Merwolf/Werefolk, if you will. The stats would be lower, obviously. I figure if you're in water and it's night the effects could be stronger than the normal ones, I don't know.

Gonna suggest another summoner. A class purely based on summons, and flying. I don't know what else to say here.

A class of whom hammers are stronger! Just hammers. I wanna be King Dedede in Terraria. Maybe it could be heavily focused on its ability, since hammers don't have range. All, at least vanilla hammers, should get a rather hefty buff, since hammers have no range.

Yeah, I can't think of any more. Sorry they're not detailed, I just don't feel like it, I guess. I don't know.

The first feels redundant i think...

The second... flying type summoner... sounds cool but ive got nothing for once! Ill get to this later when i have time.

Hammer type class could get a boost to damage by its hammer power % as well as an increase in size (which would also increase range). Special could increase the size of hammers by a large ammount (jumbo sized hammers) while increasing damage as well. Name? All i can think right now is Smasher, Crasher, Thor, Juggernaut...

Ill see if i can think of anything else later.

I've passed this mod out so many times since I thought it was just another poorly made rpg mod that changes way too much, But this is so small and amazing I'm disappointed in myself for not checking it out early.

I haven't read all the suggestions, but I'm here to suggest some new classes, based on environment, even if I don't have clear idea of what special ability or stats to give to them :
??? {Because Explorer is already taken}
- Class that is empowered in Jungle, Underground Jungle and Temple
- Based around Melee job, maybe use the Beetle Armor buff as a special ability with maybe a second type of damage
- Reduced stats outside Jungle, Underground Jungle and Temple
- Explorer warrior who explore the whole jungle seeking challenges that it's fauna and flora has to offer
-Starting Items : Iron Broadsword, Grappling Hook, Ropes, Archaeologist vanity Set

Exorcist :
- Class empowered in the Dungeon {and maybe Eclipse}
- Based on standard Mage class, but maybe with crowd control as special ability, but dealing with a single target is painful
- Reduced stats outside Dungeon
- "Powerful" mage in charge to exorcise the Dungeon from it's ghosts
- Starting Items : Waterbolt, Cross Necklace

Truffle Ranger
- Class that can peacefully live in a Mushroom Biome, even in Hardmode {Maybe make the Truffle Worms don't run away}
- Harder to survive outside of a Mushroom Biome because it's stats are reduced
- Based on Ranger class, but glow just like the Baby Truffle pet
- It's special ability releases spores much like Truffle's ones and toggles stealth, but without decreased movement speed for a short amount of time. {Extra thoughts on it's special ability : Outside of a Mushroom Biome, only half of the spores appears. And also, if this ability is used outside of a Mushroom Biome, the Truffle Ranger has it's original stats instead of reduced ones}
- Starting Items : Mud {x200}, Glowing Mushroom Seeds {x100}, Mushroom Cap

If you have any idea to makes those classes feel free to share it! I hope that you'll take a look to it, @Hiccup251

Last edited:
Okay, I thought over the bee keeper some more and added to it a little while making two other classes. Another bee themed and the latter...not.
-15% to all damage.
Passive: Attacks have a chance to summon bee(s) on hit. Critical hits have a low chance to summon a stronger wasp(s) on hit after WoF. Bee pack works with summoned bee(s) the same as they would normally.
Bee's from jungle hives and breaking hive blocks deal reduced damage or no damage.
Bee power, number, and chance increased with each boss kill, being either the number or the damage and chance. Wasp damage, chance, and number inccrases with every boss kill after WoF.
Active ability: Summon a swarm of bees either at the cursor location or from the player for 10% of your current mana with a 2-3 minute cooldown. Summoned bees are effected by bee pack. Number of bees summoned increase with every boss defeated. Damage is linked to passive bee's.
Bee's and wasps summoned through other in-game weapons, such as the bee's knees will be effected just the same.
Starts with 5 bottles of honey and 25 hive blocks with a hive wand.

-20% to all damage when not in the jungle(all biomes from jungle), forest, and sky boimes. When in biomes +10% to all damage and depending on biome, +mana recovery speed(forest), +health regen(jungle), +movement speed(sky).
No movement penalty when in honey or on a honey block. Even greater health regen speed while in honey and a +5% damage buff while 'honey' effect is active.
Being hit releases pollen from the bee (plantara's expert item thing, maybe colored slihglty more yellow and damage based on boss kills). Touching the bee has a chance to poison the foe for x amount of time based on boss kills.
Small bee's from the jungle will deal 0 damage similar to king slimes item...but for tiny bees.
When on a hive block, crisp honey block, and honey block, +5% more damage. While on a hive block, +damage to pollen passive. while on crisp honey block, +bonus hp regen speed. While on a honey block, +20 max hp.
Starting items: Hive wand, 200 hive blocks and bee vanity set. After WoF, gain bee wings that also level with bosses.

This is a tricky class. They start with a platinum pickaxe and 10 mining potions, but -10% to all damage base. Depending on what large gem they have in their inventory, or combination, their damage will be altered to not only get around that -10% debuff, but increase their damage.
Active: Shoot out the large gem(s) you are holding to your cursor location for damage based on the gem that hits. Large ruby just deals flat damage and diamond, instead of fireing, swings around you for 1 minute like a shield, knocking away mobs and dealing damage to anything hit (flat damage weaker to the ruby's)
Large Topaz solo: +25% melee damage +10% melee speed +3 defense
Large Amethyst solo: +25% range damage +15% projectile velocity
Large Sapphire solo: +25% magic damage +10 mana -5% mana cost
Large Emerald solo: +25% throwing damage +10% thrown projectile velocity +2 defense
Large Ruby solo: +15% damage
Large Diamond solo: +15 defense
Large Amber solo: +25% summon damage +2 minions

Having two large gems alters them slightly while weakening their base power a bit and even adding new effects.
Example: Large Topaz and Large Diamond = +10% melee damage +3% melee speed +10 defense +50% thorns and null knockback.
Example: Large Topaz + Large Amber = +10% melee damage +10% summon damage +1 minion slot +1 defense Summons attack slightly faster.

Having three large gems or more alters them greatly.
Having all will overload you, decreasing your damage further but making your active all powerful. (all damage from active like this turned into flat damage.)
Boss kills increase the effectiveness of the gems by a VERY small amount and increase the 'flat damage' of your active, mainly effecting overloaded, ruby, and diamond.
This is clearly a class the mod developer will need to flesh out on their own to make it feel balanced and fun, but it's a neat idea, no?

Okay, I thought over the bee keeper some more and added to it a little while making two other classes. Another bee themed and the latter...not.
-15% to all damage.
Passive: Attacks have a chance to summon bee(s) on hit. Critical hits have a low chance to summon a stronger wasp(s) on hit after WoF. Bee pack works with summoned bee(s) the same as they would normally.
Bee's from jungle hives and breaking hive blocks deal reduced damage or no damage.
Bee power, number, and chance increased with each boss kill, being either the number or the damage and chance. Wasp damage, chance, and number inccrases with every boss kill after WoF.
Active ability: Summon a swarm of bees either at the cursor location or from the player for 10% of your current mana with a 2-3 minute cooldown. Summoned bees are effected by bee pack. Number of bees summoned increase with every boss defeated. Damage is linked to passive bee's.
Bee's and wasps summoned through other in-game weapons, such as the bee's knees will be effected just the same.
Starts with 5 bottles of honey and 25 hive blocks with a hive wand.

-20% to all damage when not in the jungle(all biomes from jungle), forest, and sky boimes. When in biomes +10% to all damage and depending on biome, +mana recovery speed(forest), +health regen(jungle), +movement speed(sky).
No movement penalty when in honey or on a honey block. Even greater health regen speed while in honey and a +5% damage buff while 'honey' effect is active.
Being hit releases pollen from the bee (plantara's expert item thing, maybe colored slihglty more yellow and damage based on boss kills). Touching the bee has a chance to poison the foe for x amount of time based on boss kills.
Small bee's from the jungle will deal 0 damage similar to king slimes item...but for tiny bees.
When on a hive block, crisp honey block, and honey block, +5% more damage. While on a hive block, +damage to pollen passive. while on crisp honey block, +bonus hp regen speed. While on a honey block, +20 max hp.
Starting items: Hive wand, 200 hive blocks and bee vanity set. After WoF, gain bee wings that also level with bosses.

This is a tricky class. They start with a platinum pickaxe and 10 mining potions, but -10% to all damage base. Depending on what large gem they have in their inventory, or combination, their damage will be altered to not only get around that -10% debuff, but increase their damage.
Active: Shoot out the large gem(s) you are holding to your cursor location for damage based on the gem that hits. Large ruby just deals flat damage and diamond, instead of fireing, swings around you for 1 minute like a shield, knocking away mobs and dealing damage to anything hit (flat damage weaker to the ruby's)
Large Topaz solo: +25% melee damage +10% melee speed +3 defense
Large Amethyst solo: +25% range damage +15% projectile velocity
Large Sapphire solo: +25% magic damage +10 mana -5% mana cost
Large Emerald solo: +25% throwing damage +10% thrown projectile velocity +2 defense
Large Ruby solo: +15% damage
Large Diamond solo: +15 defense
Large Amber solo: +25% summon damage +2 minions

Having two large gems alters them slightly while weakening their base power a bit and even adding new effects.
Example: Large Topaz and Large Diamond = +10% melee damage +3% melee speed +10 defense +50% thorns and null knockback.
Example: Large Topaz + Large Amber = +10% melee damage +10% summon damage +1 minion slot +1 defense Summons attack slightly faster.

Having three large gems or more alters them greatly.
Having all will overload you, decreasing your damage further but making your active all powerful. (all damage from active like this turned into flat damage.)
Boss kills increase the effectiveness of the gems by a VERY small amount and increase the 'flat damage' of your active, mainly effecting overloaded, ruby, and diamond.
This is clearly a class the mod developer will need to flesh out on their own to make it feel balanced and fun, but it's a neat idea, no?
The Gem one seems pretty good, But with all the possible combos for gems it'll be very hard to program

Hi there! First of all this is a cool mod! I'm relatively new to the modded terraria but it's pretty cool. I'm having a problem with this mod though. When I first made a wanderer I was able to level up and it was great. I made it partly through it and wanted to try a different class. Now when I play and kill bosses I no longer level up on a new character. I have the latest tmod .8.2.1 and have updated the mod itself. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

You level up upon killing a boss you haven't killed before, as long it's from vanilla. Before, it would say you leveled up everytime you killed a boss, even though you only leveled up the first time you killed said boss.

Right, what I'm saying is on a fresh character I pick a new class. Get up to Cthulu let's say and kill him. I don't see the level up text and also don't see damage increase reflected in my weapon. I started a new wanderer and the first time I played it after 3 bosses and leveling up it gave me an extra usage of the special ability. But now when I played a different, new, wanderer and killed bosses nothing happens.

Guess I will try nuking everything and doing a fresh install of it all and see what happens.

Are you perhaps in Multiplayer? That sounds like a bug people playing in Multiplayer have found. If you're not, I have no idea then.

I definitely think you should have a vanity piece for each class. Maybe you get it after defeating your first boss.

Knight - Heroic Cape
Berserker - Bloody Headband
Fortress - Stone Shield
Sage - Extravagant Robe
War Mage - Armored Robe
Conjurer - Enchanted Circlet
Spirit Mage - Magic Pendant
Mercenary - ?
Wanderer - ?
Marksman - Grass Cape
Ranger - Leather Armguards
Arcane Sniper - Enchanted Armguards
Savage - Bone Headgear
Ninja - Ninja Mask
Soulbound - ?
Explorer - Leather Rucksack
Cavalry - Plumed Helmet
Merfolk - ?
Werewolf - ?
Harpy - Feather Brace
Angel - Heavenly Robes
Demon - Demon Horns
Dwarf - Ginger Beard
Blood Knight - Crimson Cape
Tainted Elf - Corrupt Circlet
Hallow Mage - Hallowed Robes
Pharoah - Egyptian Headdress
Pirate - Captain's Hat
Dragoon - Outrider's Helmet
Chronomancer - ?
Angler - Angler's Tackle Belt
Celestial - Celestial Bracers
Voidwalker - Void-Tainted Robes
Moth - Moth Wings
Monk - Monk Robes

Just brainstorming here.

If you choose to add something like this, I would absolutely love to help with the sprites. This level of specialization is so fun!

I definitely think you should have a vanity piece for each class. Maybe you get it after defeating your first boss.

Knight - Heroic Cape
Berserker - Bloody Headband
Fortress - Stone Shield
Sage - Extravagant Robe
War Mage - Armored Robe
Conjurer - Enchanted Circlet
Spirit Mage - Magic Pendant
Mercenary - ?
Wanderer - ?
Marksman - Grass Cape
Ranger - Leather Armguards
Arcane Sniper - Enchanted Armguards
Savage - Bone Headgear
Ninja - Ninja Mask
Soulbound - ?
Explorer - Leather Rucksack
Cavalry - Plumed Helmet
Merfolk - ?
Werewolf - ?
Harpy - Feather Brace
Angel - Heavenly Robes
Demon - Demon Horns
Dwarf - Ginger Beard
Blood Knight - Crimson Cape
Tainted Elf - Corrupt Circlet
Hallow Mage - Hallowed Robes
Pharoah - Egyptian Headdress
Pirate - Captain's Hat
Dragoon - Outrider's Helmet
Chronomancer - ?
Angler - Angler's Tackle Belt
Celestial - Celestial Bracers
Voidwalker - Void-Tainted Robes
Moth - Moth Wings
Monk - Monk Robes

Just brainstorming here.

If you choose to add something like this, I would absolutely love to help with the sprites. This level of specialization is so fun!
I'd be happy to add custom vanity items if sprites were provided. As long as the sprite sheets for the items don't require tweaking on my end, it's not a ton of work to create the items. Do note that some classes are already provided with suitable vanities, though, like the dwarf, angel, and pharaoh.

I don't know what exactly should happen after using the Angler active, but it doesn't do anything else but throwing a 1dmg dealing fish for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom