Class Ranking

I wanna see your guys opinion on all the classes throughout all the stages of the game, and in general, heres mine.\
Singleplayer
1.Ranged
2.Summoner
3.Mage
4.Melee

Multiplayer
1.Summoner
2.Melee
3.Ranger
4.Mage
As a summoner, I find melee better if you're just wanting a whole army of minions while at the same time keeping a good speed and defense. I Prefer going with speed most of the time because if you have an offense whip, you need to hit it fast to kill it easier.

defense in the higher modes become less and less relevant
summoner is like mirrored melee in stats, it trades its defense for one of the highest dps levels in the game

Mages are fun and supportive both in singleplayer and multiplayer, being a glass cannon and using many janky mechanics make sure to have a mana regen band so you don't flatline when you run out of mana potions.Summoners are fun and powerful, having defense, offense and powerful dps, but the ai of summons is usually quite janky, but after being overhauled, its more fun with the new weapons and intimidating others with the shear amount of summons. Rangers are somewhat consistent and have easy vaible options for aoe, status effects and dps. A shame you need to grind so hard for good ammo, and running out of ammo leaves you dead in the water. melee is straightfoward and boring, with facetank not being viable for much of hardmode, and no projectiles being available really in pre hm. True melee is a fun challenge in hm and is sure to get respect+

1: Summoner - I've been a summoner main since back in the glory days where we only had like Slime Staff/Pygmy staff and 1 set of armor. It's my favourite way to play the game and totally the best class.

2:Melee/Ranged/Magic - idk what these are. I use some of their weapons on rare occassions when I'm bored but not sure what's up with their armor or anything, they typically don't have +minions or minion damage so I kinda ignore.

I've changed over time. At first I was all summoner, because it's just cool to be commanding an army.

Now I think it's

1. Ranger: A lot of variety, with bows and darts and guns and rockets, each with different kinds of ammo. Also uses explosive traps in OOA, which are awesome.
2. Mage: Really cool weapons, nice healing with spectre stuff, makes you feel like a wizard.
3. Melee: Has some low points (like trying to fight destroyer!) but really cool in the endgame.
4. Summoner: Really easy to die lol.

I do love the new abigail summon. Very cool!

SinglePlayer

Summoner
Ranger
Mage
Melee

MultiPlayer

Melee
Mage
Ranger
Summoner

(Singleplayer is based on how well it automates the game, Multilplayer is based on how important each class is to have in the lobby)

How I am nowdays:
1. Ranged (If Unlimited Bullets and a rapid fire gun like Mini or Megashark are present)/Mage (If unlimited Mana Potions and a Mana Flower are present)
2. Summoner
3. Melee

A long while back, when I still sucked at Terraria:
1. Melee
2. Summoner
3. Mage
4. Ranged

I'm ranking them differently, not on what Class playthroughs I do the most, but rather on what type of Weapons I tend to use alot.

1) melee + sentry (or melee only)
2) ranged
3) mage
4) summoner
i don't use 2) and 3) and 4) because of low defense, but melee is the highest damage and the highest defense with unlimited attack time and sentry is extremely good at events including celestial towers, i hope the tavernkeep is more easier to find.

Well, my ranking doesn't change whether its multiplayer or singleplayer, so here it is.
Practicality?
1:Mage
2:Ranger
3:Summoner
4:Melee

Hours?
1:Mage
2:Ranger
3:Melee
4:Summoner

Fun?
1:Ranger
2:Mage
3:Melee
4:Summoner

1/2. Mage or ranged ( I think mage is better because it has lots of debuffs )
3. Melee
4. Summoner.

Multiplayer:
1 Mage ( Above all in post plantera thanks to the set bonus of espectral's armour )
2/3. Ranged ( It's very useful when other players are melee or something strong ). Summoner ( Because that class in multiplayer is god )
4. Melee ( It can protect your allies but it's very selfish )

Note: Melee in post-plantera becomes a VEERYY useful class. Their armours and weapons become incredibly stronger.

1. Summoner - I like how complicated it is with different minion AIs, hybrid options, minion mixing, whip stacking, whip synergies with different minions etc.
2. Mage - Almost all weapons are unique and interesting
Also 2. Melee - Many variations on weapons, I like how some weapons like True Excalibur & Starlight reward you for being close range
3. Ranger - Used to be my favorite when I was new because defense is good and lets you keep distance but now it feels too simple.

Updated 01/21/2024

Pre EoC/ Goblin Army:
  1. Summoner - This Class takes the number one spot because every aspect of the Class has been buffed. You now have the ability to summon up to three [3] Sentries pre-Hardmode [for 10 minutes], and four [4] Minions pre-Boss, depending on World Seed and difficulty setting.
  2. Ranger - I mean... what really needs to be said here? You still have a gun. 😏🤷‍♂️
  3. Melee - Can be swapped with Ranger in some cases, depending on how lucky you get. Katana, Bat Bat and Tentacle Spike are all extremely destructive!
  4. Mage - The introduction to Gem Trees allows you to progression-skip in some cases, but the Dungeon has been gatekept, so no more Water Bolt skip!
Post EoW/ Meteorite Event:
  1. Summoner - If you can defeat BoC/ EoW, you can likely defeat OOA Tier 1, in addition, you still have the ability to summon up to three [3] Sentries pre-Hardmode [for 10 minutes]!
  2. Melee - Trimarang!
  3. Mage - This is a large progression spike in my opinion, because... no matter your current progress or lack-thereof, you can still invade the Jungle for a direct upgrade. This is a complete Kit & you can likely use it all-the-way into Hardmode if you wanted (though I'd advise against it). 😏🤷‍♂️
  4. Ranger - Star Cannon... 😏🤷‍♂️
Pre WoF/ Underworld Biome:
  1. Summoner - Doesn't matter if you're wearing Bee Gear or Obsidian Gear, you still win early-Hardmode. Afterward, since Queen Slime was nerfed, do whatever it takes to get yourself a Blade Staff; you'll neutralize about 80% of the notorious, "big bads" [Giant Tortoise, Herpling, Moss Hornets] in the game~ we have a new King! 👑
  2. Melee - Night's Edge!
  3. Ranger - I mean, it's pretty much smooth sailing still, nothing has changed really~ except for the free Summoner Buffs.
  4. Mage - Not too far behind Ranger, but the gap will fluctuate back and forth for a while, with Mage being marginally worse.

Ima rank the classes by difficulty

1. Summoner(you a glass cannon)
2. Mage(you too a glass cannon but not as much as summoner)
3. Melee(Need to be some what close to target but defence)
4. Ranger(Lemme rant. "WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE AMAZING AMMO WE HAVE IN THE GAME. ALL SO COOL ALL SO DIFFERENT BUT.. I NOT GANNA TRY SOMTHING ELSE BECAUSE CHLORO AMMO EXISTS HAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH") I hate chloro boulets. Guns are already a lil brain dead (I mean you can hit targets out of screen) Chloro just make it worse. It take draw backs of weapons such as the chain gun and throws it right out of the window and INTO THE TRASH. To all rangers who only use guns/chloro boulets. try other subclasses like bows and launchers.

Now lemme rank by fashion
1. Summoner (Oby out law sexy/ flinx fur coat - guchi/ spooky armor - I like spooky armor)
2. Ranger(Vortex nice/ fossil armor also cool/ shroom- looks like scuba diving gear)
3. melee(just not a fan of bulky armor/ hallowed helmet look real good tho)
4. Mage(meh not a fan of robes)

Here's my opinion on which is best:
1. Melee. The devs love it more than the other 3, it has a lot of cool weapons, and unlike other ones, it has a lot of good accessories.
2. Ranger. It's halfway decent, but I dislike the overreliance on specialized ammo.
3. Summoner. It's actually pretty good, but whip stacking and minion AIs make it too complex. Also, I hate Pumpkin Moon.
4. Mage. It can be somewhat powerful, but it bothers me to have mana sickness all the time, and the accessories tend to be hard to get.

Here's my opinion on which is best:
1. Melee. The devs love it more than the other 3, it has a lot of cool weapons, and unlike other ones, it has a lot of good accessories.
2. Ranger. It's halfway decent, but I dislike the overreliance on specialized ammo.
3. Summoner. It's actually pretty good, but whip stacking and minion AIs make it too complex. Also, I hate Pumpkin Moon.
4. Mage. It can be somewhat powerful, but it bothers me to have mana sickness all the time, and the accessories tend to be hard to get.

agree with all but whip stacking is just switching whips quickly to stack their bonus effects.

I think all classes are almost as powerful. But my favourite class is mage. I know it has the effect of mana sickness when you take a mana potion, but it's damage is incredible. And when you are in hardmode, mage class becomes very powerful in my opinion. But then, in post plantera, melee becomes incredible. But, I still think that there isn't too much distance between classes.

Back
Top Bottom