Blocks & Decoration Cleansing Altar! [MoonLord Drop]

DocktorMedic

Terrarian
We all know how annoying Crimson/Corruption and Hallow can be. Sure you can slow it,maybe even quarantine it! But what if you just want your world to be pretty again?

Solution for the Clentaminator can quickly eat away at your savings,so what about something for the Endgame players?

INTRODUCING THE CLEANSING ALTAR!!!! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!

It would be a 100% chance drop (or very high chance atleast) and would behave similar to the Enchanted Sundial. How does one use it? Simple!

Place it,click it to open the interface,choose whether you want to cleanse either the Crimson/Corruption or the Hallow,and BOOM! It is all magically cleansed with the message

"Your world has been blessed with Purity!"

Of course,you cannot spam it all willy-nilly. It could only be used every few days,like the Sundial. It could possibly only cleanse one Biome at a time.....

To sum it up,this would be something for Endgame players who have defeated the MoonLord and just want their world to be pretty again! No more spending hours and hours (and money!) on cleaning the Crimson/Corruption and Hallow yourself,you've defeated the Moonlord! Harness the power of the ancient Spirits of Light and Dark to cleanse your world for good!!!!!

That reminds me.......where did I put those Crimson seeds?.......

Watchya think? :pumpking: (Also,this item could be a reference to the fact that Crimson/Demon Altars have a chance to spread Crimson/Corruption,and this item does the opposite!)

Part of me says no, that's too strong; the other part of me says yes, since by even Plantera the Corruption/Hallow have been near-completely phased out of the storyline. An easy way to get this working would be for the Moon Lord's death to halt biome spread entirely - that way, you don't have to actively protect your world, but you still have the option to create or destroy biomes through the Clentaminator.

The issue with this is you'd still have to buy solution for your Clentaminator for specific biome farming. It would be nice to have, but is it really necessary? Honestly I don't mind having the Hallow and Corruption/Crimson in my worlds, and I never buy/use the Clentaminator anyway. It's a cool idea, but I think just making Moon Lord entirely halt infection is a better idea.

I think that this is a good base idea, but needs some tweaking.
It should leave a single block of that biome, so it can spread and it won't be completely overpowered but you can still get most of it gone if you use it every few days, and if you still have to find that block/area in order to completely eliminate it.

It should also use 999 green solution in order to make it still cost money.

I'm not too big a fan of this, but then again, I think that killing Moon Lord stopping spreading would just be a bad idea, as some people don't necessarily want it completely halted. That being said, the infectious biomes are still annoying to most, so how about this altar thing just toggles spread on and off? Want the biomes? Then you turn it on with the altar and chill. Don't want them? Activate the altar to stop the spread, and then go and clear it out with a Clentaminator. Everyone wins. Perhaps the Dryad could also have a function that makes it so each individual infectious (you would choose if you want to keep the Hallow or Corruption/Crimson) block has a fifty percent chance to be cleansed, and that can only be used after a charging period. You could use it to slowly clean up the corruption as a whole, and save money on solution. It would also help clear up any blocks you may have missed after Clentaminator took care of most the work.

tl;dr: Have the cleansing altar toggle spread on and off, and give the Dryad the ability to cleanse roughly half of the infectious blocks in a world every so often.

Back
Top Bottom