Conlon's Art

lzrjjHD.jpg

Cleaned up the lines since the last posting! Not a huge world of difference, but they're ready for coloring.

Last edited:
If you wanna show your progress, then sure! I always like seeing WIPs from other artists. But being surprised is fun, too, so there's also the third option of surprising people with the final product and then showing progress pics afterwards. ;>

w1OynYT.jpg

Gere's the top row!

Looks absolutely wunderbar! I especially love the Ice Blade. I daresay that the Ice Blade was the most improved by its colouring... it looked imposing enough before, but now it really does look like a force to be reckoned with! I would say that it was cool, but that's too bad a pun for even me to wrestle with...

...My only disappointment would be that the sweet Eater of Souls hilt design doesn't stand out to the degree that I personally would have liked. I know that were the hilt to be a much different colour, it wouldn't have matched the sprite as well, but...

...I guess you were going for a more subtle detail, though? Heh. Anyways, minor complaints aside, they're looking great and I can't wait to see the bottom half realised.

@Shotte: Yeah, I was trying to remain loyal to the sprite. I figured it would be an Eater cast in demonite. Maybe I can add another color in there to up the contrast and make it stand out a little :]

@Shotte: Yeah, I was trying to remain loyal to the sprite. I figured it would be an Eater cast in demonite. Maybe I can add another color in there to up the contrast and make it stand out a little :]

Something to consider, perhaps! Maybe if you left the Eater as is but darkened the colours of the grip by a small amount it would make the hilt design significantly clearer to the viewer? Not sure on that one, that'd just be my guess. It still looks pretty great as is, though, and I totally understand that you want it to be recognisable from the sprite!

Something to consider, perhaps! Maybe if you left the Eater as is but darkened the colours of the grip by a small amount it would make the hilt design significantly clearer to the viewer? Not sure on that one, that'd just be my guess. It still looks pretty great as is, though, and I totally understand that you want it to be recognisable from the sprite!

I'll play around with it! It definitely needs some more contrast and separation.

Man, those look really amazing!

One thing that didn't quite strike me in the original that stands out now that it's in color is the position of the mandibles on the Light's Bane; they look like they'd made it slightly inconvenient to grip the sword.

A few ways to possibly remedy that, but with varying degrees of tedious. One would be to just open the mandibles a bit more to provide room for the fingers and thumb, which would be the easiest but might not mesh with the design as well. Or you could close the mandibles, which would still make the grip a little awkward, but would look less like you're running the risk of poking yourself on 'em. The last thing I could think of would be to flip the Eater so its mandibles are overlapping the blade instead, but that would take the most work.

Still, I really like these! Keep it up!

Man, those look really amazing!

One thing that didn't quite strike me in the original that stands out now that it's in color is the position of the mandibles on the Light's Bane; they look like they'd made it slightly inconvenient to grip the sword.

A few ways to possibly remedy that, but with varying degrees of tedious. One would be to just open the mandibles a bit more to provide room for the fingers and thumb, which would be the easiest but might not mesh with the design as well. Or you could close the mandibles, which would still make the grip a little awkward, but would look less like you're running the risk of poking yourself on 'em. The last thing I could think of would be to flip the Eater so its mandibles are overlapping the blade instead, but that would take the most work.

Still, I really like these! Keep it up!

Good eye! I'll definitely be making that change now that you mention it. It'd be cool if the mandibles and wings retracted when the sword wasn't in use. Maybe the eyes would darken too so that it comes alive when it's in combat :O

Back
Top Bottom