Console Update Live Aug 26, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can somone answer this who has tested it since this latest update. Cause im seeing different things on here. Is the spectre set working correctly now?
What I've gathered is that it works, but the graphic of the orbs flying does not - I could be wrong however.
The orb just does contact the momment its created, so it hits the same enemie rather than chasing another one if the initial target has enough health.

Good day, Terrarians!

We’re pleased to announce that the next update on PlayStation and Xbox consoles is due for release on the morning of Friday August 26. We’ve been sat on approved patches for some of the versions for a couple of weeks now, but we wanted to line them all up to release on the same day to avoid the unintentionally-long date split seen in the previous update. As previously mentioned, this update’s main purpose is to close off a few irritating bugs and make some quality of life improvements. Some highlights:

• Various edge-case crash bugs fixed
  • Stability in multiplayer games improved
  • No more crashes when renaming chests; chests function correctly in network games
  • Slimer achievement now unlocks
  • Rebought items can be reforged
  • Many fishing issues fixed
  • New levers actuate correctly
  • Spectre set bonus working correctly
  • Dragon, Spectral and Titan armour now craftable with Titanium
  • Tizona, Tonbogiri and Vulcan Repeater now craftable with Titanium
  • Elf Archer no longer immune to cannonball fire
  • Flairon, Sharknado glitches resolved
  • No longer autobuy first item from a Merchant
  • Items no longer auto-equip when you don’t expect it

Please remember that this stability update is planned to be the last update on Xbox 360, PS3 and PS Vita. We regret that this will disappoint some of you, but it’s a necessary step to be able to unlock the full potential of console Terraria and not be held back by the older hardware. There will be a long wait for the next update on PS4 and Xbox One as we work hard on delivering the full 1.3 update early next year. Old gen players can look forward to attractive upgrade offers to join us in 1.3 on new gen – we look forward to seeing you there. In the meantime, old gen platforms will continue to be playable online and off, they just won’t receive new content or be able to cross play with current gen consoles. Nintendo players: we’ve not forgotten you! Expect an announcement on the next updates on Wii U and 3DS soon – today we’re only talking about PlayStation and Xbox, but rest assured there is good news coming imminently there. Not only will Wii U be fully caught up with the other console versions, but we’ll be confirming one of the most requested features is coming to 3DS. Thank you for your continued support, and we’ll be checking in on TCF to answer any questions.
Not ignored, they've been addressed. Read below.

Adding any 1.3 items would just cause a greater clamor over WHICH 1.3 items should be added. There are way too many players for there to be any way to decide what should be appropriate. It's best for last gen to be put in as bug free state as possible with the content that it can handle rather than trying to tweak new content in where it just doesn't fit properly.
Please be online on 3ds.also hyped for wii u woop woop

This might be a bit delayed but my opinion on how ps3 (even though I have mobile and 3ds) is not getting 1.3. My first reason is that this is a 2d game but minecraft is 3d and still gets more world's New updates and more saying that ps3 has low ram how can it run the last of us with no frame rate drops at 60 fps and 720p on one disc and y'all can't even get an update out.

This might be a bit delayed but my opinion on how ps3 (even though I have mobile and 3ds) is not getting 1.3. My first reason is that this is a 2d game but minecraft is 3d and still gets more world's New updates and more saying that ps3 has low ram how can it run the last of us with no frame rate drops at 60 fps and 720p on one disc and y'all can't even get an update out.
Graphics are not a good measure for how RAM intensive an application is. In fact, unless a console has no video card (which is rather unlikely), memory isn't factored into graphics rendering at all.

I suppose it makes sense to assume that 3D games are more resource intensive to run that 2D games, and generally speaking they are (still, that's a very dangerous claim to make, as technology advances incredibly fast in this day and age), but that doesn't go for all resources around the board. Memory usage, for instance, depends a lot more on the nature of the game than the graphics.

Simply put: a PS3 doesn't have the proper RAM to run 1.3 efficiently. PS3 has around 500-something megabytes of RAM, while 1.3 requires 2.5 gigabytes of RAM. It just cannot function on 1.3 properly.

Ok what about a fire tv stick will it be able to run 1.3
[doublepost=1472728577,1472728475][/doublepost]Also how in the world would they use the ps3 for supercomputers in the military

It seems to meet the minimum requirements, although I have no idea if it's actually at all supported.
[doublepost=1472728577,1472728475][/doublepost]Also how in the world would they use the ps3 for supercomputers in the military
I sincerely doubt that's true.

A Fire TV Stick is a Fire TV Stick. I doubt it will, due to it being... well, not a game device. All it does is display what you're playing on the Kindle Fire (which also might not get the update) onto the screen of the TV.
[doublepost=1472728709,1472728642][/doublepost]I could be wrong about that.

I did some research, and the Fire TV Stick falls just under the requirements for 1.3, reaching 2 gigabytes of RAM. 1.3 requires at least 2.5 GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom