Console Update Live Aug 26, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile currently needs 1gb to run smoothly. What it will be at 1.3 is as yet not known.

Last we heard from the announcement, Console would be sometime in Q2 2017 with Mobile following some time behind that (how much time was not said).

Mobile currently needs 1gb to run smoothly. What it will be at 1.3 is as yet not known.

Last we heard from the announcement, Console would be sometime in Q2 2017 with Mobile following some time behind that (how much time was not said).
They said something about few months later of console 1.3 and reset update.

Who watches happy modded yoyo and if you do do you want him to do a face reveal
This is pretty unrelated, and I wouldn't care less if happy did a face reveal. He most likely wants to keep his identity secret, and while it's all fun and games to do a face reveal, people can get pretty creepy on the internet...

I watch Happy and Chippy far more than Pedguin. not that he's a bad guy he just doesn't upload much lately. Hero fell off the face of the Earth and I don't know what happened to Yrimir.

What no more last gen updates well then I want a Refund reply to me If you think the same!!!

It may be "holding them back" but they can work through it They are just screwing over all the players that are looking forward to 1.3 on Xbox 360 and PS3!

What no more last gen updates well then I want a Refund reply to me If you think the same!!!

It may be "holding them back" but they can work through it They are just screwing over all the players that are looking forward to 1.3 on Xbox 360 and PS3!
That’s enough. I, and a good amount of everyone else, are well aware of this phenomenon and took it upon themselves to accept it.

It’s people like you that don’t that end up making a mockery of us as console players (great people in their own right as noted by @Safeman) and it’s time to stop. You should be grateful that the kind folks at 505 got you guys Terraria in the first place for the PS3/Xbox 360.

Yeah, I felt a little sad that people like us wouldn't get 1.3, but I learned to accept it; having experienced it firsthand on PC. To be honest, I can go all day and night; maybe weeks on end today on version 1.2.4.1. In that case, I look to the last-gen versions as time capsules and rather entertaining ones at most.

Please stop making excuses for yourself and others to complain about anything that you thought the console developers did wrong. Frankly, those excuses are getting stagnant as time goes on. I hope that you and others can understand that the course of action they took was best for the systems.

That is all, and thank you.

-- Nerima Diekon

That’s enough. I, and a good amount of everyone else, are well aware of this phenomenon and took it upon themselves to accept it.

It’s people like you that don’t that end up making a mockery of us as console players (great people in their own right as noted by @Safeman) and it’s time to stop. You should be grateful that the kind folks at 505 got you guys Terraria in the first place for the PS3/Xbox 360.

Yeah, I felt a little sad that people like us wouldn't get 1.3, but I learned to accept it; having experienced it firsthand on PC. To be honest, I can go all day and night; maybe weeks on end today on version 1.2.4.1. In that case, I look to the last-gen versions as time capsules and rather entertaining ones at most.

Please stop making excuses for yourself and others to complain about anything that you thought the console developers did wrong. Frankly, those excuses are getting stagnant as time goes on. I hope that you and others can understand that the course of action they took was best for the systems.

That is all, and thank you.

-- Nerima Diekon
Thank you for this.

Just be glad that you have Terraria at all for your PS3/360. While it is unfortunate that they won't receive 1.3 due to hardware restrictions, I would never ask for a refund over it. I just accept it for what it is and move on with life.

Take Terraria for 3DS. When I first heard about it, I thought it was going to be full 1.2.4 at launch, since at the time the Console version was getting the same content update. But after I read a little bit I found that it was only was 1.2 with bits and pieces of later updates mixed in. Once again, it got me down, but I learned to live with it.

Back when 1.2.4 was released for PC, everyone loved it. It added a fishing mechanic, Minecarts, and even a new boss! Now people are complaining about the exact same update just because we can't get the newest, latest stuff like PC has now. If console received updates in parallel to PC, this wouldn't be an issue.

Every version of Terraria is my favorite, because it's all Terraria! The core mechanic is what, in my opinion, makes it a great game as a whole. I will continue to live by that statement for as long as I live.

The devs have already explained why this isn't possible in the first post. Please take the time to actually read it.

Also, you are gaming on a system that is around 10 or 11 years old, and you're still expecting developers to keep current support for it? Even the console manufacturers themselves have long since thrown your game systems away. Don't you think it's unrealistic to expect everyone to continue to support your console at this point?

I think it's impressive that Engine got as far on the old gen consoles as they did. They really pushed the systems to the cracking point. they deserve more credit than some give them. They really did put their best foot forward and I think even if the team were Pipeworks instead of Engine they' have to stop where we are on old gen as well.

I think it's impressive that Engine got as far on the old gen consoles as they did. They really pushed the systems to the cracking point. they deserve more credit than some give them. They really did put their best foot forward and I think even if the team were Pipeworks instead of Engine they' have to stop where we are on old gen as well.
At the point it's at now, it was inevitable that they'd have to stop shortly, but they still went farther than expected with 1.2.4.

they really kicked A$$ and they eserve more credit than what was given to them. People constantly saying they're ripping us off when really they were doing the best they could to make our old gen versions stable. From what I was told they had to really push everything to the limit for 1.2.4 they started having slowdown happen even in update 1.2.

they really kicked A$$ and they eserve more credit than what was given to them. People constantly saying they're ripping us off when really they were doing the best they could to make our old gen versions stable. From what I was told they had to really push everything to the limit for 1.2.4 they started having slowdown happen even in update 1.2.
I still don't understand how people could be unhappy with a version that thy we're excited to see reach consoles before.

Good day, Terrarians!

We’re pleased to announce that the next update on PlayStation and Xbox consoles is due for release on the morning of Friday August 26. We’ve been sat on approved patches for some of the versions for a couple of weeks now, but we wanted to line them all up to release on the same day to avoid the unintentionally-long date split seen in the previous update. As previously mentioned, this update’s main purpose is to close off a few irritating bugs and make some quality of life improvements. Some highlights:

• Various edge-case crash bugs fixed
  • Stability in multiplayer games improved
  • No more crashes when renaming chests; chests function correctly in network games
  • Slimer achievement now unlocks
  • Rebought items can be reforged
  • Many fishing issues fixed
  • New levers actuate correctly
  • Spectre set bonus working correctly
  • Dragon, Spectral and Titan armour now craftable with Titanium
  • Tizona, Tonbogiri and Vulcan Repeater now craftable with Titanium
  • Elf Archer no longer immune to cannonball fire
  • Flairon, Sharknado glitches resolved
  • No longer autobuy first item from a Merchant
  • Items no longer auto-equip when you don’t expect it

Please remember that this stability update is planned to be the last update on Xbox 360, PS3 and PS Vita. We regret that this will disappoint some of you, but it’s a necessary step to be able to unlock the full potential of console Terraria and not be held back by the older hardware. There will be a long wait for the next update on PS4 and Xbox One as we work hard on delivering the full 1.3 update early next year. Old gen players can look forward to attractive upgrade offers to join us in 1.3 on new gen – we look forward to seeing you there. In the meantime, old gen platforms will continue to be playable online and off, they just won’t receive new content or be able to cross play with current gen consoles. Nintendo players: we’ve not forgotten you! Expect an announcement on the next updates on Wii U and 3DS soon – today we’re only talking about PlayStation and Xbox, but rest assured there is good news coming imminently there. Not only will Wii U be fully caught up with the other console versions, but we’ll be confirming one of the most requested features is coming to 3DS. Thank you for your continued support, and we’ll be checking in on TCF to answer any questions.

Hope fully they add online play and all of the bosses to the 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom