Hot Topic Corruption Vs. Crimson

Corruption or Crimson

• Total voters
Aesthetically I prefer Crimson, but that's down to personal preference.

Crimson armor, weaponry, and other loot is slightly better than COrrupt overall, but its a hard biome to traverse. Corrupt loot is a little worse, but in turn is a slightly easier biome.

when I started playing on Console in late 2019 my first world was corruption so I feel nostalgia not from pre-1.2 update but bc of the 50/50 chance

when I started playing on Console in late 2019 my first world was corruption so I feel nostalgia not from pre-1.2 update but bc of the 50/50 chance
wdym? i just realized all my world are corruption and 2 crimson because drunk seed and random world evil

I go with the Crimson to add difficulty to my runs and mainly the Ichor flask, arrows, and bullets for reduce defense against enemies.

I go with the Crimson to add difficulty to my runs and mainly the Ichor flask, arrows, and bullets for reduce defense against enemies.
You can get ichor in corruption worlds. Placing a dryad in a hardmode graveyard causes her to sell seeds from the opposite world evil.

I've always felt indifferent about the two evils, seeing as each has their pros and cons, but nothing that affects my style of gameplay in the long run. I tend to skip the Evil tier of weapons and armor, basically investing in just the pickaxe.

It is cool how each Evil promotes a different style of gameplay, though.

I've always felt indifferent about the two evils, seeing as each has their pros and cons, but nothing that affects my style of gameplay in the long run. I tend to skip the Evil tier of weapons and armor, basically investing in just the pickaxe.

It is cool how each Evil promotes a different style of gameplay, though.
Shadow Armor is really really really strong now but you can get it in prehardmode crimson worlds anyway through statue farming so who cares. There's not really much reason to pick corruption worlds now imo, especially due to that detail. Not only that but... rotted fork and Undertaker were buffed like crazy so they uh... kinda condemn their counterparts.
Honestly I'm starting to wonder is there a single objective reason to pick corruption worlds now? All the disadvantages crimson worlds were either buffed or made irrelevant due to the more powerful corruption items being made easily obtainable in crimson worlds over time...

Last edited:
Shadow Armor is really really really strong now but you can get it in prehardmode crimson worlds anyway through statue farming so who cares. There's not really much reason to pick corruption worlds now imo, especially due to that detail. Not only that but... rotted fork and Undertaker were buffed like crazy so they uh... kinda condemn their counterparts.
Honestly I'm starting to wonder is there a single objective reason to pick corruption worlds now? All the disadvantages crimson worlds were either buffed or made irrelevant due to the more powerful corruption items being made easily obtainable in crimson worlds over time...
It definitely feels like they were made more even. :D

Scourge of the Corrupters got a buff too, so it makes the choice even harder.

Vampire Knives is the clear winner to me for getting a Crimson world.

I do find Corruption to be easier than Crimson though. Vile Spit can be destroyed. Cursed Flames travel much slower than Ichor streams.

gotta go to my #crimsongang on dis one bois, the only reason I'd choose corruption is if I'm using a seed that needs it, i'm playing on the drunk world so it doesn't matter, or if i'm doing a mage playthrough and want to shred the evil boss (vilethorn is so (beep)ing op on the E.O.W., AND IS A CORRUPTION ITEM). however crimson seems to fit so well in the corruption's place, has a boss that MASSIVELY IMPACTS THE LORE (B.O.C.), i love me some crimson armor pre-skele, and the last; most POWERUL REASON, ill say in 3. words.
*inhale*
DEM VAMPIRE KNIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like corruption. Crimson is fine too but it is a bit too gory and the underground crimson is actually pretty boring. But I must say the items are good.

Back
Top Bottom