Hot Topic Corruption Vs. Crimson

Corruption or Crimson

• Total voters
Always preferred Corruption worlds for my "main" world.
Reason being, I can just temporarily fly off to other worlds if I want crimson items or blocks to make a crimson biome
But for things I can't bring over, like altars or orbs/hearts, if I want to incorporate them into my building, I vastly prefer the corruption variants.

1667268208259.png
nosyaja left me right

The choice of Evils can be seen as a choice between the Bosses and their Expert Mode drops. The Eater of Worlds is easily one of the most fun bosses in the game, so Corruption wins there. The Brain of Confusion gives an offensive boost when it prevents damage, but the Worm Scarf's protection is consistent. I prefer not to rely on random effects and the Scarf can be used for nice Vanity, so again, Corruption wins for me.

On the Don't Dig Up Seed, there's also Corruption Chasm that goes down about half of the world height if you have Corruption, so that makes digging up much easier.

If you're hoping for Biome Chests though, Crimson wins. Warding on everything and the Vampire Knives will make you even more of an unkillable tank.

My first world was crimson, & I got used to it.
But when I started playing terraria again, I decided to try corruption.
This was a good choice.

I prefer Crimson due to higher stats of the Equipment, and not to mention the Regen boost. When paired with Heart lanterns and camp fires, you can heal pretty fast for prehard mode.

All Corruption vs. Crimson Threads created from 1.4 onwards have been merged into this thread.

The original Corruption vs. Crimson thread here has been archived: Corruption or Crimson? as Terraria has come a long way since 1.2 and 1.3.

To accommodate this change of being a discussion thread for a common topic, the Thread poll has been altered to not have a closing date, allowing everyone to vote for Corruption or Crimson again.

This Thread will serve as the place for all Corruption vs. Crimson thoughts and debates. Any threads of a similar nature that get made will be merged into this thread.

I love the use of Ichor, the music, the colour but the big selling point for me is how you get down to fight the bosses. That area inside what I like to call the "Crimson Hand" (Cause it looks like a big shoulder opening that stretches down into a giant hand with the hearts as the finger tips) is just easy to navigate and very nice to set an arena in. The corruption however, its just a few giant holes in the ground that I'd always fall down and PERISH in and the room down in those corrupt caves is so tiny!

And who can forget the Vampire Knives?

I like the visuals and world generation of the Corruption more, but item-wise, I think Brain of Confusion is better than Worm Scarf. Same with Vampire Knives.

Back
Top Bottom