Items Craft Powder with Infectious Blocks

stormconure

Duke Fishron
So you have a bunch of Ebonstone in your inventory from digging, and you want to convert it back to stone. However, to do that, you have to go to the trouble of placing the ebonstone on the ground, throwing powder at it, and then picking it back up. In my opinion, it's kind of an unnecessary hassle. So, why not just be able to craft purification powder together with infected blocks to get back some non-infected blocks?
My proposal: 1x
Purification_Powder.png
+ 30x (any corrupt/crimson block) = 30x (the same block, but purified). So 1 powder and 30 ebonstone gives 30 stone. Crafting would be by hand- I don't see any reason to require a crafting station for this, seeing as throwing powder has the same effect and is done by hand.
The same goes for
Vile_Powder.png
Vile and
Vicious_Powder.png
Vicious Powder, which can be crafted with Hallowed blocks to purify them.
The reason I chose 30 is that by looking at the wiki, I found that the maximum amount of blocks that can be converted by throwing a single powder is just under 40. I didn't want to make this crafting THAT efficient, because something like that could easily be exploited.

Now, by extension, the same could be applied to Thrown Water (
Holy_Water.png
Unholy_Water.png
Blood_Water.png
), in that if you craft it with pure blocks, those blocks become the respective biome equivalent (so stone + unholy water = ebonstone). However, rather than 30, I believe the number should be 40- the AOE of water seems to be bigger than that of Powder, so to match it and keep roughly the same relative efficiency, the number of blocks crafted should be higher.

That's really all. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom