Items Crimson Soul of Night Variant

Good suggestion?

• Yeah, i like it!

Votes: 28 96.6%
  • No, not needed

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
It could be like gel, where the color depends on what enemy the item dropped from. (Red colored gel drops from red slimes, green colored gel drops from green slimes.) Souls dropped from enemies in the Crimson would be red, while souls dropped from enemies in the Corruption would be purple. The souls would still be one item, but now it would fit the biome better.

As for the Key of Night, it could be crafted with 15 evil bars + 15 Souls of Night.
15 Demonite + 15 Souls of Night = Corrupted Key of Night, which summons the Corrupt Mimic.
15 Crimtane + 15 Souls of Night = Bloody Key of Night, which summons the Crimson Mimic.

It could be like gel, where the color depends on what enemy the item dropped from. (Red colored gel drops from red slimes, green colored gel drops from green slimes.) Souls dropped from enemies in the Crimson would be red, while souls dropped from enemies in the Corruption would be purple. The souls would still be one item, but now it would fit the biome better.

As for the Key of Night, it could be crafted with 15 evil bars + 15 Souls of Night.
15 Demonite + 15 Souls of Night = Corrupted Key of Night, which summons the Corrupt Mimic.
15 Crimtane + 15 Souls of Night = Bloody Key of Night, which summons the Crimson Mimic.
yeah that would add an use for these bars in hardmode

So, as you know, the Soul of Night in Terraria is purple. This was a great color for the corruption soul before the 1.2 update. But, when the Crimson was introduced, it adopted the same purple Soul. I propose that in Crimson worlds the soul of night will be red instead of purple. View attachment 233374 I don't know if this should be a separate item and act like the "any wood" recipes, or a purely visual change depending on the world. I guess it is up to the devs to decide.
"But Face Monster, the Souls of Fright are already red!!" Actually they are more of an orangeish red than the dark red of this one, so its all good, right?

Someone also suggested i should do a Key of Night variant! View attachment 233389 (thanks Spazmatism7!)
yes this is very cool! I have thought about that before, and how about Soul of Spite for a name?

Last edited:
Soul of Spite is a cool name, but it breaks the soul naming scheme. So I would opt for something else, probably the best option is to reuse the name "Soul of Blight" from the old consule versions.

The only problem I have with this idea is the idea Ill have two kinds of souls of night I can't stack together, but they could do it like gel and have different colored varieties that stack together, which would solve that issue. So I support!

But Face Monster, the Souls of Fright are already red!
Well, it's more of a coral-red, and his is more red-black. Anyway, I like this idea!
I also think that if there's going to be a soul variant, there should be a Night's Edge variant!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom