tModLoader Crystilium mod.

Are you excited for this mod?

• Yes, it looks very promising

Votes: 604 84.8%
  • It looks okay

Votes: 82 11.5%
  • Ehhh

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • It sucks. You should feel bad for making such a terrible mod.

Votes: 17 2.4%

• Total voters
Hmm. The glowing crystals can't be harvested - is that meant to be? I remember I could before...

It would appear that while the chest issue has been fixed for multiplayer, I can't summon the crystal king. It just eats the item. :/

How do you use the crystal bottle? My guide tells me to fill it up, but I can't do it at either a sink or a body of water.

It overrides music in some other biomes as well

What I've noticed is that the crystilium biome is a tad too invasive. I think it would be much more tolerable if it didn't spawn more than one location per world. As it stands there is a good chunk of the world that is Crystilium and it blocks spawns from a number of other biomes. Either reduce the spawn rate of the biome itself or reduce the spawn priority of it to be on par with non-dungeon/crimson/corruption biomes.

Can you resprite the crystal biome so it looks like the crystal caves from T:OW? :p Love the mod btw

Ok so I have Thorium, Clamity, Tremor and your mod installed and some how the biome from your mod is bugged and I have a big hole in my world were the biome should be

Last edited:
Ok so I have Thorium, Clamity, Tremor and your mod installed and some how the biome from your mod is bugged and I have a big hole in my world were the biome should be
Yeah, to echo Terraking's response -- I currently use all these mods together as well and never had this issue with Crystilium.

I'm pretty sure you either disabled/enabled something which glitched up your world between playthroughs, or you're getting the problem involved with cloud saves. If you're using cloud saves, make sure to disable that function and stop using it -- as it causes a lot of problems with modded biomes.

But it's more likely due to disabling/enabling something if it left a huge empty spot. It's always safer to keep large mods enabled (especially if they add biomes) in a world between playthroughs until you're done with them.

Your Crystilium might be disabled, or maybe not updated...

Yeah, to echo Terraking's response -- I currently use all these mods together as well and never had this issue with Crystilium.

I'm pretty sure you either disabled/enabled and something which glitched up your world between playthroughs, or you're getting the problem involved with cloud saves. If you're using cloud saves, make sure to disable that function and stop using it -- as it causes a lot of problems with modded biomes.

But it's more likely due to disabling/enabling something if it left a huge empty spot. It's always safer to keep large mods enabled (especially if they add biomes) in a world between playthroughs until you're done with them.

Nope never once did I disable any of the mods and I always update mods before playing, I checked twice and it was enabled and updated, I only had those mods enabled when I started to generate the world got in played a few days and a huge gaping world hole was there, the only other mod I had installed was bouncy coins, so I generated another world and to my surprise it worked but I had ghost blocks that time next to the dungeon and in other parts plus the biome had ghost blocks as well the background was there though, plus I don't use cloud saves, the only way I knew I had the mod installed was because I was still able to craft some of the simple stuff from the mod like the gem rings

Last edited:
I'm certain it's either one of the other mods causing your problems, or despite your not using them, cloud saves. I've had to remove Tremor myself as it's been causing me various problems.

If everything else you've said is accurate and there's no other personal errors on your part, I'm certain it's not Crystilium causing your problem. This mod hasn't had any big changes with biome generation recently, nor have issues like your's been reported by anyone else. In the case of another mod causing this, you can still play things out, or just start over -- meanwhile consider uninstalling Tremor and/or Calamity. See if anything like this happens again.

Now I know you said you don't use cloud saves. But assuming you're on Steam, double-check to make certain cloud saves aren't active on your Steam settings. The bug you're describing is notorious for those using cloud saves. Somebody commented in Thorium's thread just now as I'm typing this, with their Aquatic Depths biome showing up as a giant hole. They confirmed it was due to cloud saves. After that another user stated "Cloud saves don't understand modded tiles so it just deletes them."

So while you don't use them, it doesn't mean they aren't active. Steam has a nasty habit of activating features most people never use, turned on by default. It's surprising how many have been getting this 'biome-hole' bug, meanwhile swearing up and down they don't use cloud saves. Yet when asked to actually check their settings on Steam, it turns out it was indeed enabled all along and they had no idea. Afterward their biome problem was magically was gone.

I have that unchecked but assuming I accidentally checked maybe it was the culprit that plus I just uninstalled Crystilium, now I am just having weird time out errors that disable mods at times but closing Terraria out and running it again fixes that problem, but I can understand that now since Minecraft was the same way back when they used cloud saves on the console

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom