Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Even though i had both slab and brick walls placed, my farm would only spawn enemies from the brick walls, regardless of which wall i was standing infront of, can you guys look into this please? Cus my world has no slab walls and this is my best shot.

Enemy types are determined by the wall they spawn on, not the wall you are standing behind. Can you verify the enemies also spawn on these different types of wall?

It is possible for all types to spawn on all walls.

Its just that each wall type significantly increases the chances of a specific set of enemies being on that wall.

Paladins can definitely spawn on Slab, every other Dungeon Wall as well.

You can see on the 1.3 version changelog, Wall types were changed to allow spawning all of them at reduced rates.

It is possible for all types to spawn on all walls.

Its just that each wall type significantly increases the chances of a specific set of enemies being on that wall.

Paladins can definitely spawn on Slab, every other Dungeon Wall as well.

You can see on the 1.3 version changelog, Wall types were changed to allow spawning all of them at reduced rates.
I am aware of this, but i was getting no slab wall spawns whatsoever, I saw a few rusty armored bones at the most, despite half my farm being made of cursed slab walls.

I am aware of this, but i was getting no slab wall spawns whatsoever, I saw a few rusty armored bones at the most, despite half my farm being made of cursed slab walls.
Could you share a screenshot of your setup, including where you would be standing?

Could you share a screenshot of your setup, including where you would be standing?
I threw in the torches because it is quite dark. the 3 stone blocks is where i would stand and the game would consider it a dungeon.

Attachments

• Capture 2022-10-07 17_12_31.png
    Capture 2022-10-07 17_12_31.png
    545.3 KB · Views: 319
It looks like your farm is just not wide enough for dungeon enemies to reliably spawn. Try expanding it a bit.
They were spawning just fine, i followed the instructions and stuff. My problem was that despite half of the walls being slab, i was only getting brick wall enemies

I submitted this before but I wasn't really clear so it just got brushed off as me being confused about how any dungeon enemy can spawn infront of incorrect walls, just rarely.
I decided to test by changing the brick half of my farm (168x47 tiles with the 47 tiles below filled with stone walls to prevent unwanted spawning) to slab walls as well, meaning the entire farm would be made of cursed slab walls.
In this video I recorded the new farm in action and as can be seen, 95% of enemies spawning are enemies that should be spawning infront of brick walls. One outlier being a ragged caster, compared to the numerous necromancers that spawned.

Note that I have been using pink slab walls, it might only be a problem with those ones specifically, I'll add if I test the other slab walls later.

(video was way too big to send on the forums, so here's a link to it on youtube,
)

i am also encountering this same issue, this definitely feels like a huge bug. Theres no way that we're getting a 1/7 chance consistently many times in a row. in the first 30 seconds of your video, i counted 14 different spawns than what should spawn in front of those walls. calculating the probability of that gets me a ridiculous number. We dont have Dream luck suddenly, this is a huge bug.

Back
Top Bottom