tAPI Custom Player Sprites Mod

Nakano15

Terrarian
THIS IS A TAPI MOD!!!

• Tried to make the mod load the files when needed and unloaded when not needed.

Wonder this, what if you could create or use your own design for your Terraria character?
Well, this is the mod goal, it lets you pick sprites for your character without altering other players sprites.

This mod allows you to change sprites in-game and make your character look whatever way you want, just becarefull with what kind of character you do. Remember that this game is PG 13. I guess.

How to make my own Custom Sprite?

Easiest thing ever, upon the mod being loaded at least once on tApi, your Steam Terraria folder will have a folder called PlayerSprite.

Inside the PlayerSprite folder, create a folder with the name of the sprites you made.

Now, you must get the sprites of the character from Terraria, find your way of turning them into .png file, so you can edit, XNB Extractor or stuff would be helpfull, but i does not know if it still exists.

Keep in mind this, DO NOT EVER RENAME THE FILES! After you finish editing, move it to the folder where the sprites will be, you shall see the sprite ingame.

Also, i have taken the liberty to add 3 different texture files that can be loaded on the mod. They are.
  • Ear_Back.png = Loads before the player hair.
  • Ear_Front.png = Loads after player hair/hat.
  • Tail.png = Loads before player body.
You may use the Character Creation screen to see if your sprite loaded correctly.

cpsmod.png

Testing a bunny texture for player, was the only one i remembered that changes player sprites.​

Download:
Dropbox - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6574868/neverdelete/CPSMod.tapi

Ps:. this mod is WIP in Progress, which means that certainly may have bugs.

Last edited:
Yep, I will try not to overdo it.

And I got so much into releasing this mod, that i even forgot to tell how it works.
I think that now peoples will know how to use it and make their own sprites.

this is really cool but just so its clear, witch terraria folder?
this one: Documents/My Games/Terraria
or this one: Steam/SteamApps/common/Terraria

Alright, real bad news incoming....
Due to deleting unused save folders of games (includding Terraria), i ended up deleting accidentally CPS Mod source.
That happened because I have put the source of the mod inside Source folder of tApi, and since the source folder is inside Terraria saves folder...

Well, that also means that to update CPS Mod, i would need to remake it...

Beside i does not know if should, no one seems interessed on it.

War Paints? Hum, seems like a good idea.
Edit:. Just updated the mod, now it should load sprites when called, and unload when not used for long.
Plus, in case you notice that sprites are loading and instantly unloading from since a while ago and before I posted this, re-download the mod that might fix it, if persists, tell-me.

Also, I discovered that i may be able to make so texture files can be sent through netmessage, but I need to study how i could do that, and fix an issue with multiplayer that is not on the version i released.

Alright, real bad news incoming....
Due to deleting unused save folders of games (includding Terraria), i ended up deleting accidentally CPS Mod source.
That happened because I have put the source of the mod inside Source folder of tApi, and since the source folder is inside Terraria saves folder...

Well, that also means that to update CPS Mod, i would need to remake it...

Beside i does not know if should, no one seems interessed on it.

SAVE YOUR TIME! You can open the compiled mod folder by using 7zip or another zipfile program! right click open with your zipfile program! all of the files are in the .tapi file

Beside I would be real angry if I would have discovered way too late, but then I remembered of my old experiences with windows and zip based installers.

I don't have steam terraria I have GOG terraria and tapi terraria. I unzipped the file but it won't copy. Also I have already made sprites, can I not just copy and paste them into the new folder?

You can, I just wrote it like that so peoples understand that must be TERRARIA GAME folder. Not TERRARIA SAVES folder.

If you are asking about how to install the mod, go to My Documents/My Games/Terraria/tApi/Mods/Local and place the mod there. Or double click the mod.

ok i had a little idea about this and it might be a big step but i think its a good idea. so i was thinking there are no ways as of now to simultaneously install texture packs alongside tAPI right? well maybe you could convert this mod into something that can load custom textures into the game!

Sure could, the only problem is do it for all textures in the game...
And I'm not very much into making a mod of that magnitude right now, but may be a interesting challenge.
I may try to do something like that later.

Back
Top Bottom