TCF Suggestion Cut the signatures when they're to big.

Can I Get Uhhh

Spazmatism
I'm using the XenForo default theme just because I actually like the style! I have noticed that oversized signatures molest the posts made by the following person and it is extremely frustrating. It makes me furious that the staff are protecting against over-sized signatures for default TCF themes.

I was dwelling TO for a while and I saw a rule of having a signature no more than 150 px. That rule is fantastic for my situation.

[edit] How about we do do the same things that the other themes do? Cut the signatures when they're to big.

Last edited:
I'm using the XenForo default theme just because I actually like the style! I have noticed that oversized signatures molest the posts made by the following person and it is extremely frustrating. It makes me furious that the staff are protecting against over-sized signatures for default TCF themes.

I was dwelling TO for a while and I saw a rule of having a signature no more than 150 px. That rule is fantastic for my situation. I want this rule back up.

Oh and for the people who have big sigs and they use Terraria themes: We can't see your content below 150px, so stop.

[edit] Oh well. I'm pretty pissed while making this suggestion so please ignore my disrespectful thread title. I apologize for that.
Why would they implement a rule that affects the 1% of the forum users who use xenforo default?

1% of the forum users who use xenforo default?
Where did you get this number from? And if so, that statement you just said is completely nonsensical and outrageous. What you said is a bit of a form of discrimination against people who use this theme. Everyone should get the type of aid they need.

Last edited:
Where did you get this number from? And if so ? That statement you just said is completely nonsensical. What you said is a bit of a form of discrimination against people who use this theme. Everyone should get the type of aid they need.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/what-forum-theme-do-you-use.897/
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/what-is-your-favorite-forum-style.783/
XenForo default only got one vote on both of these COMBINED. So yeah. ;)

I am fairly sure Xenforo default is there just because it's, as a fact, the default theme you can't just dismiss. It is not just meant to be used and your issue relies on the fact you are ignoring that single fact. If you really need, however, you can simply disable all signatures altogether and your problem is solved in a way that does not break the life of an user who is using the forum the way it is meant to be.
I do agree having stupidly long signatures is an issue however, as that slows down loading times by a ton for no actual purpose.

A vote of 46 people (some of which might be duplicates) isn't all that representative for a community consisting of 21545 (not necessarily active) members, though.

Where did you get this number from? And if so ? That statement you just said is completely nonsensical. What you said is a bit of a form of discrimination against people who use this theme. Everyone should get the type of aid they need.

@azumarill64 does have a point here, though. Of course it would be nonsense to state that you don't deserve any help because you use XenForo, but a rule like this would hinder a lot more people than it would help, presuming more users have oversized signatures than users that use XenForo. I don't have the numbers to back that up, but I think it's a rather safe claim to make.

Also, yes, that title probably won't help your case a lot.

Where did you get this number from? And if so, that statement you just said is completely nonsensical and outrageous. What you said is a bit of a form of discrimination against people who use this theme. Everyone should get the type of aid they need.

It's not discrimination. It's convenience. Staff isn't doing this to make sure people who use the default theme suffer.

Also, why not suggest implementing the same thing they did for signatures in the official themes rather than forcing everyone to change their signatures to fit your needs?

Not only would it be very difficult to enforce a 150px rule (as far as I'm aware, the majority if not all moderators aren't using Xenforo Default, so we wouldn't even be able to see them on an ordinary basis) this rule would limit the signatures of a lot of people, and provide a benefit for very few (i.e., those who use Xenforo Default).

As for whether we can make changes to how Xenforo Default works . . . I believe that we cannot, but I will be sure to pass the request along.

Not only would it be very difficult to enforce a 150px rule (as far as I'm aware, the majority if not all moderators aren't using Xenforo Default, so we wouldn't even be able to see them on an ordinary basis) this rule would limit the signatures of a lot of people, and provide a benefit for very few (i.e., those who use Xenforo Default).
Didn't you see? I made edits...

Actually, my initial post had a sentence addressing that proposal from the start. See above please.

There is no extended idea for me to say; as far as I am aware, Xenforo Default is included because it is automatically there and I do not believe we can make sweeping changes to it like that. Otherwise it wouldn't be Xenforo Default anymore, and I am not sure the option can be removed.

I'll be sure to pass the request along, however, in case I am mistaken.

Well, the easiest solution is to use one of the gorgeous styles made for the forums by Crowno, but I can understand having a preference in Xenforo Default. Still, the entire forum was designed with them in mind, and was intended to support features implemented into them which were not in Xenforo Default.

Back
Top Bottom