TCF Suggestion Cut the signatures when they're to big.

I don't use Xenforo, so I don't really get it, but to make myself completely clear about what I was saying, is copy all the Xenforo Default stuff into a new theme, then add tweaks like the sig cutting that can be changed with spoilers that the normal themes have.

Its a matter of time, really.

I just checked, and XF Default CAN be removed if we decide to. However, consider that every moment Skiphs spends making custom forum styles for people is time he ISN'T putting towards coding Terraria itself. Your request would literally come at the expense of the game's development.

If its a simple matter, it can likely be done, but that will have to be looked into when the time presents itself. I'll be sure to get back to you on that when I've relayed the information to those in the know, alright? :)

Leinfors said they're team cannot do it for whatever reason that I don't get.
From my limited understanding, the issue stems from coding. The auto-cutoff is part of the themes themselves, so adding it to XFDefault or making a new theme that looks like XFDefault would require a fair bit of time, work, and other resources.

It's called Default for a reason, you know.

There is an option you can choose to hide signatures, on your Preferences. I suggest you try that.

The staff is not going to go back and tell 16,000 members to change their signatures, and then police them going forward. It was incredibly tedious and exhausting to try to enforce the signature size on TO. I'd estimate that at least 20% of reports there were about signature size, some just a few pixels bigger.

I actually did mention that.
If you really need, however, you can simply disable all signatures altogether and your problem is solved in a way that does not break the life of an user who is using the forum the way it is meant to be.

I find that TO people would like it because it gives back memories from their last forums.
Fun fact - they did remove XF Default style at TO* when they recently "upgraded" to the new theme pack. It messes with their ad placement.

*except for staff, we still get to use it, so there.

---

Note the complete absence of advertisements here, by the way. Re-Logic gets no extra revenue from these forums, and bears all the costs. Just something to think about.

As TK noted, XFD should truncate sigs in the same way as the other themes now.

Admittedly our "testing" of that was spot-checking a handful of sigs in XFD - so caveat emptor.

Mmm, advert-free. Rich and satisfying.

Absolutely. By design. :)

Back
Top Bottom