Game Mechanics Dash and Armour ability hotkey.

The Storm

Golem
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but it would be nice to have an option to assign a key to use certain armour abilities and dash with a hot key instead of double tapping. There would be an option to either use the double tap, hot key or both. This could save a lot of time and would also prevent you from dashing accidentally. (Which I've done countless times)
Summary:
-In the options menu there would be 3 setting: "Double tap to use ability/dash","Double tap OR use hotkey to use ability/dash" and "Use only hotkey to use ability/dash" (Obviously word it better)
-By default the dashing hot key should be set to Maybe either C or Mouse 3 (Mouse 4 if your mouse has the side buttons) while holding the direction you want to dash in.
-Toggling your armours ability could be set to V by default (Mouse 5 if your mouse has the side buttons)

These buttons may not be ideal for some, but that's what customisable controls are for. Feedback/ constructive criticism is appreciated.

What about console users? What would the default button be?
There's not enough buttons for them, unless they use the d pad but then they wouldn't have the shortcut keys. However console versions do have 2 jump keys, X/A and either L3/LS or L1/LB, and when I played console I used L1 to jump as it allows you to aim while flying, so perhaps X/A could instead be the dash button.

Wouldn't it just get harder though if you have to click a separate key rather than just double click the movement button if you're moving anyway?

There's not enough buttons for them, unless they use the d pad but then they wouldn't have the shortcut keys. However console versions do have 2 jump keys, X/A and either L3/LS or L1/LB, and when I played console I used L1 to jump as it allows you to aim while flying, so perhaps X/A could instead be the dash button.

Actually, judging on my past experience, Console doesn't really need this for dashing. The control stick, surprisingly, is much more natural for dashing. The sensitivity feels just right, so I can control when I dash much more effectively than I would with a simple one press only keyboard.

Mobile needs this too, especially for dashing. Right now dashing is about as slow as just walking because of the time it takes to successfully pull one off

Back
Top Bottom