Derpbird Dai's Lazy Builds

The flesh/Halloween tree is an awesome idea! Maybe something I could do with all the Crimstone I've been hoarding for no reason ...

It's been a while since I've really done anything here, and I don't think I've gotten much better, but at least there's something. It's been a while since I've messed with TEdit, and it's nice to stretch those muscles, especially now that I have a sliiightly better grasp of actuating for decoration.

This is a build for a multiplayer server that may or may not happen. The guy who runs the server doesn't like building 'trash' housing, but that tends to be the norm when doing a from-scratch run, especially if you're bad like us and suck at Expert mode, so we opted to pre-build a house that we could use as a starting base. Not much in the way of real furniture, so that we can furnish it how we want. Threw in some rubble to make it look abandoned.

BtTfCYV.png

We can build more around it as the game progresses and we get better building materials.

The part I kinda like about it is the implication of 'more' house in the background makes me feel less guilty about just sticking characters in rooms with minimal furniture; the actual living spaces and things like bathrooms can just be handwaved to the background parts, hahaha

I wasn't sure I was ever going to make a thread for builds because I don't feel I'm very good at them, but if I'm gonna make any effort, I might as well start somewhere. It is something I want to get better at, and I'm trying to study other good builders towards those ends, but the going is pretty slow. This is mainly starting because I made this one thing that I'm kinda happy with and I didn't know where to put it without butting into some other thread (like the "I must screenshot this" thread).

When I originally made this floating blob with an eye, it was meant to be evocative of some kind of Bydo, from R-Type. This time I’ve actually tried to make a Nozari. I’m rarely happy with builds, but I rather like this, though I added some engines that a Nozari wouldn’t have, because it looked a bit nicer. It’s also a bit small, but I didn’t feel like farming up materials and this was pretty much as much flesh block that I had on hand on this map.

Here's my current tAPI base, using Eikester's decorations mod. Don't mind the really ugly patching together, especially the spots where I tried to remove my character; I EAGERLY await Screen Capture Mode for things like this.
290pCVz.png

Sort of a mishmash of my usual lazy block builds purely for "lol get the NPCs in with minimal effort" progression, but also a few slightly more 'dynamic' experiments. I've just been slowly tapping away at this world due to tAPI requiring a fresh start, which I didn't want to do initially, but it's been something to do while waiting for 1.3. :>

I'm too lazy to paint things.

For now, I'll put some old stuff up as filler, to kind of give an idea of what I'm normally used to doing.
9452485C544136678DB867AA9C63617CC1ED37F2

Have a map because I could NOT be arsed to actually composite all of these together save a few that were added later; a lot of the 1.2 brick texture changes ruined a lot of my old builds. :\ Not that they were much to look at, though a lot of my older stuff was made by hand... then I discovered TEdit.
Rl7OZt5.jpg

Feeear the old textures...
oza0Mk6.jpg

FEAR THEM. I'm too lazy to re-composite these with the new ones.
UzLfpAK.jpg
9jRTfme.jpg
index.php

Map view, because I don't feel like recompositing the changes... Also, TEdit WAS used SLIGHTLY in the Furniture Showcase area, but only to measure out how much space I had so I was sure I'd have enough room before starting.
aKPeDJa.jpg

This thread probably won't get updated a whole lot with new material, as a fair warning. :dryadtongue:
better than everything i will ever build

better than everything i will ever build
As with anything, it just takes time. Sometimes it's a very long time. But nobody ever got better by giving up. :dryadsmile:

Anyway, decided I'd try a treehouse larger than my usual one/two-room dryad hovels.

2xYi06t.png

It took like... what... 5 hours? Way too long IMO, I could draw a full pic in that time, but it's one of those things that once you get really into it, you lose track of time. Also, I blame TEdit's rather clunky handling of stairs.

Last edited:
Just some stuff I forgot to put up, from the server mentioned two posts ago, though the game that was for died prematurely due to life stuff on the part of the other two players. Old One's Army arena and the core of the town in aforementioned previous post were in TEdit, everything else was in-game (not that they're particularly impressive as far as builds go, but they're not bad for me).
hncNmOA.png

ZeVjQhC.png

CKsS6rR.png

KbuyKiV.png

ZF7sueb.png

Back
Top Bottom