Tool [Discontinued] Custom World Generator -- TerraCustom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out today that the dungeon created by your tool only has one background, the brick one. The slab and tile ones are missing.
It's probably your tool I'm afraid. I've generated a ton of maps and never seen this happen before.
Note: I've not tried 1.1.2, so maybe this problem is now non-existent.
I don't know which version you have right now, but at least the latest version can create three kinds of backgrounds in one dungeon. According to Terraria Wiki, the "Dungeon" page says "A single Dungeon can contain multiple background wall types in different sections, or just one type", so unfortunately it is possible to create only one kind of wall. Now, I can make my tool to always generate three different kinds of wall...... well, I'll consider it =)

Do you mind if I make a video on this?
No, not at all! If you are going to post the video to something like YouTube, I just want you to put the link to this thread in the video description. Let me know when you post the video! Thank you for choosing TerraCustom :D

I don't know which version you have right now...
That particular world was created with your second version I think. Anyway, doesn't matter I guess. Apparently I need to upgrade. :p

According to Terraria Wiki, the "Dungeon" page says "A single Dungeon can contain multiple background wall types in different sections, or just one type", so unfortunately it is possible to create only one kind of wall.
That sounds odd to me. I've seen dozens of dungeons (I like to pillage their stuffs) and they always have brick, slate and tiles, each with a different light and their appropriate banners. At least on medium maps. On small maps one wall type is sometimes missing, but I blame that on the very tiny dungeons on those maps. Generator probably couldn't fit it in whenever that happens.

I now wonder if other players ever experience a single-wall dungeon though. :)

Okay, I made the video! Here it is:

Could the video link be in the original post where you explained the mod, though? If so, that would be greatly appreciated! =D

Whoa this is awesome :eek:
only thing I dont like is how you cant have both hardmode ores but I can definitely live with it
this mod is the most amazing thing, added the one thing into terraria I thought was missing :)

i meant why not have hard mode ores generated whith the world option so you could have both ore types or is this not possible?
What I can do is to generate hardmode ores while the world is generating. In that case, users can't decide the amount of ores you want, or I need more time developing it. I'll look into it though, I don't know if I can make it before the next Terraria update.

Could the video link be in the original post where you explained the mod, though? If so, that would be greatly appreciated! =D
Thank you for the video you make! It looks very sweet. I'll put the link to it in the first post :)

What I can do is to generate hardmode ores while the world is generating. In that case, users can't decide the amount of ores you want, or I need more time developing it. I'll look into it though, I don't know if I can make it before the next Terraria update.

Thank you for the video you make! It looks very sweet. I'll put the link to it in the first post :)
Thanks so much! =D

Hey

First thanks for this mod, it's really nice !

Wondering if you could add some more (mostly seen in Dean's custom worldgen mod...) :
- Possibility to disable Jungle/Snow biomes ?
- Possibility to choose a % of generated ore ? (if we want a world with 150% or even 200% ore spawned) (Can change gameplay for short mp games, ppl get more advanced gear etc)

Sometime hosting CTGs, and I always want my map to be fair, at least, both team having same biomes, not just one with desert for example...
Would even love to generate symmetric map, but not sure you could do that, and that would prolly be better suited for TEdit, but don't think it's getting updates anymore, at least until 1.3 so I can't...

Anyway thanks again for your work !

This tool is amazing! I've literally always wanted to generate a world with everything in it! Corruption and Crimson in the same world (gives a bit more of a challenge at the start I guess!), every single ore in the game and the generated structures as well! Good job my friend! :D

Just for the sake of completion, there could be an option to select moss colors. This is something probably no one noticed, but recently I found on the wiki that there are 5 colors of moss and only 3 per world. If you can choose backgrounds and trees, then...

Actully, now that I think about, may I make a few suggestions for this mod?
Suggestion 1: Being able to edit the colers of the moss. I know somebody already suggested this, but it would be really nice if we could freely edit the colers of the moss, since there are a total of 5 colers of moss and only 3 of those colers in a world.

Suggestion 2: Somebody mentioned that their Dungeon, while using this mod, only had 1 WALL TYPE. I think you should add a feature where you can edit how much of the three dungeon wall types there are in your world. I would kinda imagine the setup for this like this, but in the tools format:
Brick: 50%
Slab: 25%
Tiled: 25%

Thats all I have for now c: I hope you take these suggestions into consideration

Thanks to all people who left comments on this thread.
I'm still making some minor updates that easy to work on. For those ideas require a huge change, I would leave them for the next version but I still take all of your suggestions into consideration.

Wondering if you could add some more (mostly seen in Dean's custom worldgen mod...) :
- Possibility to disable Jungle/Snow biomes ?
- Possibility to choose a % of generated ore ? (if we want a world with 150% or even 200% ore spawned) (Can change gameplay for short mp games, ppl get more advanced gear etc)

Sometime hosting CTGs, and I always want my map to be fair, at least, both team having same biomes, not just one with desert for example...
Would even love to generate symmetric map, but not sure you could do that, and that would prolly be better suited for TEdit, but don't think it's getting updates anymore, at least until 1.3 so I can't...
Disable/enable jungle and snow is easy. Setting a percentage of ores is also not too hard. It's going to be tough if you want to set a percentage of biomes...
Generating an exactly symmetric map is nearly impossible, but if you want all kinds of biomes in the both side, maybe it's doable. Very interesting idea, thanks!

Just for the sake of completion, there could be an option to select moss colors. This is something probably no one noticed, but recently I found on the wiki that there are 5 colors of moss and only 3 per world. If you can choose backgrounds and trees, then...
Haha I noticed it! I thought no one would care so I didn't make it. I guess I should make it now since there IS someone noticed it.:)

Suggestion 2: Somebody mentioned that their Dungeon, while using this mod, only had 1 WALL TYPE. I think you should add a feature where you can edit how much of the three dungeon wall types there are in your world. I would kinda imagine the setup for this like this, but in the tools format:
Brick: 50%
Slab: 25%
Tiled: 25%

Thats all I have for now c: I hope you take these suggestions into consideration
I guess that's the most ideal solution for this issue. Since walls are defined in each room, I don't know how to deal with the percentages and room area. The most realistic solution is to generate the same amount of rooms for each (or two of them if you wish) wall type. It doesn't guarantee the equal area of each wall, but you will have all kinds of wall types. This is a tough problem......:(

I've only generated one world so far, but it seems to me the shape of the land is rather groggy compared to vanilla generation. The land terrain looks as if it's bunched(squeezed) much closer together.

I'm also seeing some stray clumps of "floating blocks" that shouldn't happen at all ever since 1.2.1~1.2.3.

Disable/enable jungle and snow is easy. Setting a percentage of ores is also not too hard. It's going to be tough if you want to set a percentage of biomes...
Generating an exactly symmetric map is nearly impossible, but if you want all kinds of biomes in the both side, maybe it's doable. Very interesting idea, thanks!

Well I usually just go with no biome to keep it fair, then idk if you can split a biome or make it be on both side, would be awesome. Edit is possible in TEdit, but well, takes time, and always end up spending too much time, for a 30-40min game.
Anyway thanks for reading :)

I've only generated one world so far, but it seems to me the shape of the land is rather groggy compared to vanilla generation. The land terrain looks as if it's bunched(squeezed) much closer together.

I'm also seeing some stray clumps of "floating blocks" that shouldn't happen at all ever since 1.2.1~1.2.3.
I haven't had problems with this very much. Try generating a new world.

Very cool but does it have tapi mod support? cause that could be very nice for those who want modded-custom worlds. Other than that its very nice!

Very cool but does it have tapi mod support? cause that could be very nice for those who want modded-custom worlds. Other than that its very nice!
You can add it as an app to Tapi, like I did. Otherwise, I'm not sure. You could probably try and put it in different folders. Like some mods require a new world folder, so you could put the application in the same place as that folder.

I haven't tried this yet, though. So if it ruins your mod or something, don't say I didn't warn you! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom