tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the same problem I'm having right now? My problem is that whenever i load tapi it says that mod is loaded, but whenever I try to find the items that I can craft it doesn't appear, I already made sure, if I have the items I need (mostly just a dirt block), there are no errors appearing, so obviously there maybe something new that I'm not entirely aware of, I already tried reloading my mods, and uninstalling and re-installing game launcher and tapi (got the currently latest version r12), and already tried deleting my old tapi folder and doing all the process I've mentioned, so please guys help me... oh yeah, here's my mod so you guys can try it and if I'm doing something wrong... sorry for the long post...
I had that issue as well, I was told it would be fixed in r13. For now, use r11.

just like to note I seem to crash every time I try to log onto a server while using a mod that involves a main file.

I use R12

Edit: realizing how unhelpful my post sounds, I'd like to note no crashlog seems to appear, and by main file I mean the author requires one of their mods to run any of their other mods.

Last edited:
What to do with this?

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "TemplateMod:Items/testsound" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Terraria.Main.PlaySound(String name, Single X, Single Y, Boolean useInstance, ShouldPlayDelegate shouldPlayDel, Single panMod, Single volumeMod, Single pitchMod)
at Terraria.Player.ItemCheckReal(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Player.ItemCheck(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
[DOUBLEPOST=1414308814][/DOUBLEPOST]Im tryed to make my oun sound, but i cant D:

There's no specific zone designated for the Underworld, so you have to use Main.maxTiles instead. For example:

Code:
if (y >= (Main.maxTilesY * 0.8f))
{
    return true;
}

This should spawn your NPC in the Underworld.
That's incorrect.
To start with, the underworld starts at Main.maxTilesY - 200 , in vanilla.
Secondly, both tAPI and tConfig made a field for it called Main.hellLayer! =P

My weapons are still not appearing for crafting, can you please try my mod and point out what's wrong?
I downloaded and checked your zip, the issue is that you named your items folder "Item" instead of "Items".

What to do with this?

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "TemplateMod:Items/testsound" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Terraria.Main.PlaySound(String name, Single X, Single Y, Boolean useInstance, ShouldPlayDelegate shouldPlayDel, Single panMod, Single volumeMod, Single pitchMod)
at Terraria.Player.ItemCheckReal(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Player.ItemCheck(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
[DOUBLEPOST=1414308814][/DOUBLEPOST]Im tryed to make my oun sound, but i cant D:
It would tremendously help if you upload your mod so we can see what the issue is.

My weapons are still not appearing for crafting, can you please try my mod and point out what's wrong?
OK, will try soon and will give results. And delete everything that relates to tapi then install r10 and make mods with that. I just found out that in r11, it doesn't take two arguments if you are using cs.
EDIT: Thank you Yoraiz0r for answering, and can r13 be a major bug fix? And can TAPI take two arguments in cs rather than a different amount?

OK, will try soon and will give results. And delete everything that relates to tapi then install r10 and make mods with that. I just found out that in r11, it doesn't take two arguments if you are using cs.
EDIT: Thank you Yoraiz0r for answering, and can r13 be a major bug fix? And can TAPI take two arguments in cs rather than a different amount?
We're fixing whatever bugs we need to fix, "Item" folders are not a bug, we're enforcing a convention of everyone using the same folder names so everyone can find the issues easier.
Also no idea what you meant about the two arguments in the cs part, are you talking about a hook you'd like changed/improved?

i can't upload here zip soo... uploaded it here. (it's about mod)
You can't upload rars here you can upload zips. Follow my screencaps for future reference:
upload_2014-10-26_23-55-29.png

upload_2014-10-26_23-56-22.png
Choose zip where I did in the second image, then you can upload it.

Yo, jordan some time before i tryed to open your Exxo Avalon wiki thread, but i can't wt the problem?

Yo, jordan some time before i tryed to open your Exxo Avalon wiki thread, but i can't wt the problem?
you have to join blahs avalon discussion social forums, realising now that this social forums thing is quite poor for some things :/ This would have also been a better thing asking in private/on another thread:p

You can't upload rars here you can upload zips. Follow my screencaps for future reference:
View attachment 6968
View attachment 6969 Choose zip where I did in the second image, then you can upload it.
You can just upload the .tapi file too.

i can't upload here zip soo... uploaded it here. (it's about mod)
So I built your zip and tried it out, the issue was convention, much like the "Item" vs "Items" issue.
tAPI only automatically attempts to look for sound files in the "Sounds" folder, you have a folder named "Sound" so it didn't look in there.
(change the folder name and the sound path in the item to Sounds instead of Sound, it should work, also I advice against using other people's mod internal names)

Soo.. im changed folder and .json file, but it's keep crashing...
Sorry for misleading you, I forgot you should remove the "Sounds/" in the item sound reference altogether since its not required.

(specifically, your sound key gets added as "TemplateMod:someotheritemsound")

I have found a bug: if you change the order of mods in the mods menu, the list becomes inconsistent and duplicates mod entries or the mod config is offset and opens the config for another mod (i think this also happens if i simply disable a mod and it gets moved to the bottom of the list).

I have found a bug: if you change the order of mods in the mods menu, the list becomes inconsistent and duplicates mod entries or the mod config is offset and opens the config for another mod (i think this also happens if i simply disable a mod and it gets moved to the bottom of the list).
Yeah, we have an issue with mod load order right now. Restarting the game SHOULD resolve the issue for you.

There was another error posted which often appears when starting the game on mod load... We know of this issue so for now, just leave mod load order alone until it can be hotfixed or r13 comes out. Sorry all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom