tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated to r13a, and now one of the items in my mod has been added to the recipe for the torch, such that you require one in addition to the gel and wood. As far as I know, modifying vanilla recipes is supposed to require a .cs file specifically written to do so, which I do not have. My only .cs file related to the item overrides DealtNPC and DealtPVP. Any idea what's causing this? Do I need to provide more information?

0_o can you try deleting your tAPI folder in Documents/My Games/Terraria (or rename it to something else so you can keep it) and then try to launch it?
(We didn't change any code that gets executed as soon as the game is started so there should not be such an issue occuring, what was the version you were at before r13a?)
Ok that fix it thank you and i updated from r11 to r13 to r13a if that helps.

I've updated to r13a, and now one of the items in my mod has been added to the recipe for the torch, such that you require one in addition to the gel and wood. As far as I know, modifying vanilla recipes is supposed to require a .cs file specifically written to do so, which I do not have. My only .cs file related to the item overrides DealtNPC and DealtPVP. Any idea what's causing this? Do I need to provide more information?

i believe this has been mentioned before and it has something to do with the tool tip, if its the same as the torch change it that should fix it.

Is there any way of getting an item (such as a gun) appear deeper within your character.

Also are there only 5 use styles?

Bug alert or not! in r13a the Smartcursor is fixed but when i used it it lag me really hard i qnt even move when i hit the button to enable thesmartcursor even i have a good computer it still lag like hell so fixed it please

I'd like you to upload your mod if possible, this is definitely a tAPI bug that should not ever happen >.>;
Is there any way of getting an item (such as a gun) appear deeper within your character.

Technically there's 6, and yes there is a way for your gun to appear in a different relation to your character.
item jsons have 2 fields called 'holdoutOffset' and 'holdoutOrigin' , those are the 2 fields you'd want to tamper with.
Offset offsets the item draw position relatively to your character (so adding -4 y would make it draw 4 pixels higher regardless of angle)
origin makes a different point on the texture serve as the anchor (default is [0,1] , which equates to the bottom left corner of the sprite , 0% of the width of the texture and 100% of the texture's height basically) , this is the origin for drawing so setting it any different would result in you holding the item from say, its center , or its bottom , as you wish.

Edit: it should also be mentioned that you can always use the ModItem hook UseStyle(Player player)

I'd like you to upload your mod if possible, this is definitely a tAPI bug that should not ever happen >.>;

So I added some things to the mod and rebuilt it, and the torch recipe is back to normal. I didn't change anything in the .json or .cs of the item that was in the recipe, so I really have no clue what caused it in the first place or why it stopped. It's probably some really obscure and indirect cause. Wish I had and archive from before the changes were made so I could help you identify the cause, but I don't. I can still upload it if you think there might be clues as to what happened in the first place.

Recently started trying out mods for Terraria for the first time. Anyway, noticed a problem with tAPI (I had it with r12 and r13, I do not have it with vanilla Terraria and no other mods are causing it), where if a mediumcore character of mine dies, his entire inventory disappears. No items drop from the character besides a grave marker, and the items are not retrievable. Tested with multiple new worlds and characters, and reinstallations of tAPI.

Did you test this without any mods enabled, to make sure it is not a mod causing it instead of tAPI itself?

Been doing some testing last night / just now on melee attack speed, because i had suspicions that it wasn't functioning correctly:
Tested with only Shockah's Tooltip mod to check if attack speed number was changing, and it wasn't. Tested without any mods afterwards, chances are I didn't hit breakpoint for Insanely fast, but I somehow doubt it. Was using Muramasa as weapon when testing.
Another strange thing I noticed, is that my pickaxe seemed affected by a slight increase in attack speed. Since it wasn't as huge as with Muramasa. I suspect it was only from the 4% reforges, which should not be working.

Nothing big, but would be great if somebody could check it out. :)

I did not have the same experience that drok had, and I even had several mods loaded. Used the latest r13a and it started up perfectly and the world I made loaded up perfectly.

Hey I were wondering...

Can tAPI R10 run on Terraria 1.2.4.1 too? I tried to install it, but it says it couldn't find my game launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom