tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no directory in there for me. No logs folder, I guess it fails saving the logs. Im going to play some more tApi and see what happens. Here's the first weird thing: shurikens without any damage (they actually dont do anything when I throw them)
UzhHfgH.png
http://i.imgur.com/UzhHfgH.png
I can't even .... can you do me a favore...

Disable ALL mods, then RESTART tAPI, then check what Shuriken's say and if they do damage.

I am completely unable to reproduce this issue

EDIT: Well, that error pertains to @Shockah's suffix mod - which could be an issue as well. And from what I can tell it looks like all of your problems may be stemming from that one or maybe a couple different mods? Shockah will have more info here

I can't even .... can you do me a favore...

Disable ALL mods, then RESTART tAPI, then check what Shuriken's say and if they do damage.

I am completely unable to reproduce this issue

I'm playing now w/o mods, but lost the char so I will have to redo it, will report.

I'm having the same issue again (digging some sand)
Didn't get any shurikens so I couldn't test that before it crashed.
r14a

You used a world you had already used mods on didn't you?

Try making a new world (sorry for all the trouble but we really appreciate it!!!)

P.S. Don't forget to like posts that were helpful, a lot of effort goes in to this mod and the only feedback we have are likes from the community

You used a world you had already used mods on didn't you?

Try making a new world (sorry for all the trouble but we really appreciate it!!!)

P.S. Don't forget to like posts that were helpful, a lot of effort goes in to this mod and the only feedback we have are likes from the community

Right now new char + new world + no mods, no problems so far.

In 14a, the trees in the snow biome do not seem to be boreal wood. May be just me.
I'll report this - if I can reproduce it we'll fix it for r15 (We will reply again later and tag you if we are unable to reproduce it) Thank you!
Right now new char + new world + no mods, no problems so far.
Perfect! Okay, you can try enabling mods one at a time and playing for a bit. Then you can find the culprit mod and report your error in that mod's thread. I only had you go through all of this because I was unable to reproduce any error you had. If you need any more help (with this or any future issues) don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for working with me and the team to find the problem, a lot of the time a single mod is the problem or two mods don't interact well with each other. Hopefully, you can report the issue to the mod owner and it gets fixed quickly as we don't support the mods directly (unless it's one of our own mods =p)

Last edited:
I'll report this - if I can reproduce it we'll fix it for r15 (We will reply again later and tag you if we are unable to reproduce it) Thank you!

Perfect! Okay, you can try enabling mods one at a time and playing for a bit. Then you can find the culprit mod and report your error in that mod's thread. I only had you go through all of this because I was unable to reproduce any error you had. If you need any more help (with this or any future issues) don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for working with me and the team to find the problem, a lot of the time a single mod is the problem or two mods don't interact well with each other. Hopefully, you can report the issue to the mod owner and it gets fixed quickly as we don't support the mods directly (unless it's one of our own mods =p)

I'm not sure which mod it is, it does say the mods aren't made for r14a but r12

I'm not sure which mod it is, it does say the mods aren't made for r14a but r12
That's probably the culprit then -.-

since tAPI is still progressing, always stick to mods built for your version (Or... when you download them be sure to rebuild the mod yourself for r14a)

That's probably the culprit then -.-

since tAPI is still progressing, always stick to mods built for your version (Or... when you download them be sure to rebuild the mod yourself for r14a)
I actually just noticed that. How exactly can I rebuild them, I'm trying to find out.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418925878][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw I did get the last error log:

>>> 16:59:38 <<<
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.MItem.CanGetSuffixes(Terraria.Item item)
at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.MItem.Save(TAPI.BinBuffer bb)
at Terraria.Item.WriteCustomData(TAPI.BinBuffer bb, System.Boolean byName = True)
at Terraria.Item.Write(TAPI.BinBuffer bb, System.Boolean byName = True)
at TAPI.BinBuffer.Write(Terraria.Item i, System.Boolean byName = True)
at Terraria.Player.SavePlayer(Terraria.Player p, System.String playerPath, System.Boolean skipMapSave = False)
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveToonWhilePlayingCallBack(System.Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

>>> 17:13:06 <<<
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(System.ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert( key, value, System.Boolean add)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile._InternalAddEntry(Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry ze)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.AddEntry(System.String entryName, System.IO.Stream stream)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.AddEntry(System.String entryName, System.Byte[] byteContent)
at Terraria.WorldFile.SaveWorldInfo(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf, System.String fname)
at Terraria.WorldFile.ActualSaveWorld(System.String world)
at Terraria.WorldFile.saveWorld(System.Boolean resetTime = False)
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveAndPlayCallBack(System.Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

is this right:
Code:
  "drops": [
     {
       "item": "PostHardModeJungle:Cat_Tooth",
       "stack": 1,
       "chance": 0.5
     },
     {
       "item": "Vanilla:TigerPelt",
       "stack": 1,
       "chance": 0.5
     }
   ]
it compiles but, what is correct name for tiger pelt? i just guessed that cant be right can it?

And won't be, we don't think a Wikia is fit for this.
I've heard Yoraiz0r started working on some tutorials though.
Also I wish we had time to document every single thing on our docs page.

I'm going to post this, I am not sure if this has been posted before or not but I'll do it anyways
http://tapi.wikia.com/wiki/TAPI_Wiki
pretty empty as of now.
And won't be, we don't think a Wikia is fit for this.
I've heard Yoraiz0r started working on some tutorials though.
Also I wish we had time to document every single thing on our docs page.
Yeah, I decided to start this before we moved over to using our own page for docs (which is still incomplete as Shockah said). I've since abandoned it, and have no plans to continue work on it. However, I will not stop the community from updating it themselves. In our experience, community wiki's for something like this usually go unfinished and unupdated. Leaving a lot of people with more questions than answers. (reference, the old tConfig wiki... by the time tConfig was retired 90% of everything on that wiki was incorrect)

we don't think a Wikia is fit for this.
In our experience, community wiki's for something like this usually go unfinished and unupdated.
I used the tconfig wiki extensively while modding, and found it very useful. I still need it surprisingly often when working with tapi. Seeing as I'm STILL using the tconfig wiki, I have to wonder who's been telling you Wikis are useless. If it's someone with access to the tapI source, they're probably not able to be objective, since they not having to rely on a wiki. Also, no one expects Wikis to be 100% accurate.

I used the tconfig wiki extensively while modding, and found it very useful. I still need it surprisingly often when working with tapi. Seeing as I'm STILL using the tconfig wiki, I have to wonder who's been telling you Wikis are useless. If it's someone with access to the tapI source, they're probably not able to be objective, since they not having to rely on a wiki. Also, no one expects Wikis to be 100% accurate.
1) Wikias are annoying to fill with content and maintain later on.
2) We already have our own site for documentation - we just need time to fill it with content. Some of the stuff is already there though.
3) WE HIGHLY DISCOURAGE ANYONE TO MOD WITHOUT PRIOR DECOMPILING OF TAPI (OR AT LEAST TERRARIA). Unless you're doing only basic JSON stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom