tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can i make mods? or only the people that is allowed to make mods cuz imma make a mod

df811.jpg

What version is R12 for? I know the current ones are for 1.2.4.1, but I'm hoping for one updated for the latest version of Terrarian.

...I seem to have lost track of Terrarias current update. I thought it was 1.2.4.2 cause of things things gone buggy and awry when Pigron was released...

Welp. Time to install and have fun with mods! Glorious mods! Starting with Grox's mods.

Peculiar... I was presented with this using R.12:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at TAPI.Mods.SaveModState()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

I'm guessing I just need to retype it?

Peculiar... I was presented with this using R.12:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at TAPI.Mods.SaveModState()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

I'm guessing I just need to retype it?

Using which mods?

EDIT: Also, nice job not double posting! Thanks for that~

You're welcome!~ Edit is your friend ^_^

None. I just installed it as it is, ran it ... and it came up on my screen. But I admit, I love the click-to-copytoclipboard feature!

Do I ignore it? Or is there a way to remedy it, cause playing it might have detrimental effects on gameplay?

You're welcome!~ Edit is your friend ^_^

None. I just installed it as it is, ran it ... and it came up on my screen. But I admit, I love the click-to-copytoclipboard feature!

Do I ignore it? Or is there a way to remedy it, cause playing it might have detrimental effects on gameplay?
Chances are your worlds or characters are no longer compatible. I would delete any tAPI worlds & Characters... Clean out your mods folder of old mods... And start fresh.
(You can just copy them all to a different folder to back them up for now, if you want to keep them)

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling tAPI. Let me know how that turns out

Last edited:
I believe I got it working again. Again, I had no mods installed. It only came up the moment I started it up after the 1st installation.

It seems to have ceased and is functioning correctly. No harm done. xD

Topic: Likes

"I don't think I did anything to earn these likes... ^^; Can we give it a break?"

Last edited:
Not to stack on the work load... but if i could get some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. When i compile my mod, it goes into /local like it should. But if i extract the files within the compiled .tapi file and check the interior, all of the .jsons are gone! Non of my recipes work, which I think is an effect of this problem. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Not to stack on the work load... but if i could get some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. When i compile my mod, it goes into /local like it should. But if i extract the files within the compiled .tapi file and check the interior, all of the .jsons are gone! Non of my recipes work, which I think is an effect of this problem. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Are you supposed to extract .tapi files?

Hello everybody!

Do you get this error in r12?:

TAPI.Mods+LoadException: MrBlock's RPG Mod.tapi: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '0 bytes loaded from tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: '0 bytes loaded from tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection, SecurityContextSource securityContextSource)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

at TAPI.Mods.Load()

Do you get this error in r12?:

TAPI.Mods+LoadException: MrBlock's RPG Mod.tapi -- ~snip~

In the error it tells you what the problem is. It looks like this mod "MrBlock's RPG Mod.tapi " is not compatible with r12.

EDIT: Didn't realize you were the same person as the mod name >< sorry - There is likely something wrong with your code. You can try resolving it yourself or you can maybe upload your mod / code and someone can assist you that way.

Last edited:
In the error it tells you what the problem is. It looks like this mod "MrBlock's RPG Mod.tapi " is not compatible with r12.
How do I load my WIP mod then? And how is it not compatible, I used r12 tAPI Builder to pack it! And I really want to work on it on the latest version of tAPI!

Last edited:
Are you supposed to extract .tapi files?
Well not technically... but the other mods I've tried extracting out of curiosity turned up their .json files, not mine. I just assumed it was a problem with my mod. Keep in mind this has been occurring because of r11- r12.

When I loaded r12 mods into tapi r12, the items worked perfectly, but then later all the items lost their damage. I tried disabling the mods then making a new character and a new world to test if the damage worked on the items, but it just says 50% pickaxe power..no damage at all after using the item once. The pickaxes still break tiles, but it doesn't do damage to any mobs and it doesn't damage in the item tooltip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom