Mobile Done playing mobile

Royaharrigan

Official Terrarian
There support for the mobile platform is beyond terrible. My game refuses to start on my Galaxy Note 3 after their update. Stuck on the same loading green ring refusing to download. And since they have not provided a way to retrieve my save or even try to fix the problem. My characters and worlds I spent hours working towards on that phone are effectively lost. So I decided to start another character on my current phone the LG G4. And now after spending hours on this new character my save is now corrupt. I guess their online backup doesn't work because now there is no way for me to retrieve this current character. This is nonsense. Why include a backup feature if it doesn't work? Done wasting my time playing this stupid game to lose all my progress time and again while this developer does nothing.

You state that they did not try to fix the problem and the dev does nothing - where did you report your issue?

You state that they did not try to fix the problem and the dev does nothing - where did you report your issue?
I've reported this issue multiple times. I've posted on here, on the Android rating section, as well as sending customer service requests directly to them. Nothing has changed. This issue is years old and they have still yet to fix it.

It can be really frustrating if the game isn't loading. You mentioned that it's not loading after the update - do you mean the most recent update from earlier this month in August that brought the Android Google Play version to 12785? And you were able to play on it before August's update I'm assuming since you had many many hours on characters and worlds.

The save icon down on the bottom right is displayed as a small eye that goes around in a circle, not as a "green ring" (Thorn Chakram) anymore, so I'm wondering if you're not updated to the latest version yet.

Regarding your backup that you're not able to access - was that done by copying a local save to a cloud save in the Terraria app? Did 505 Games give you a reason why you're not able to retrieve that cloud character anymore when you opened a support ticket with them?

Be sure to give 505 Games as much info and details as you can in the support ticket you have with them about the circumstances that occurred right before you weren't able to play anymore. The more details the better as you might be able to really help them pinpoint and issue and find a solution for your problem and others if others are experiencing the same scenario.

And also, be sure to let the game save completely before exiting the menu screen. Let the swirling little red eye (save icon) completely finish as that may be contributing to some of this. I can't say for certain if that's what's happening, but based on the pattern of your Note 3 working fine and then not working, as well as the same situation with the LG G4 working fine and then suddenly not working, it might be something to watch.

I'm hoping that even if 505 Games isn't able to completely get your game back on track (and that would be a huge bummer, sorry to hear that!) that you might be able to give them some info so that they might be able to find a solution for the future.

I've reported this issue multiple times. I've posted on here, on the Android rating section, as well as sending customer service requests directly to them. Nothing has changed. This issue is years old and they have still yet to fix it.
Did you use the actual 505 website? You have to go to 505's actual website. Idk why they gave us that one link cause you don't hear back that way, you hear back on their actual site through support EMAILS.

The save icon down on the bottom right is displayed as a small eye that goes around in a circle, not as a "green ring" (Thorn Chakram) anymore, so I'm wondering if you're not updated to the latest version yet
Just saying, after you update you see the thorn chakram then the new files can extract. (At least that's what I've seen the last 3 updates ive had)

My game refuses to start on my Galaxy Note 3 after their update. Stuck on the same loading green ring refusing to download
How load do you let it load? Depending on device it may take a bit. It takes a couple mins on this device. Leave your note sitting for a little while and see if it finishes or not. Also when you try to make a cloud backup you have to actually load that file in game and force save (pause so you get a demon eye spinning on bottom right) otherwise the save may not take. I've had partial transfer or no transfer to cloud storage.
Also as an android user cloud saves (if actually used more then a backup slot) can rewind through pc access to your google drive. (Find the terraria folder with your save on it, check file size. If it is 0kb manage versions and delete the newest change, check size, repeat until file has a size.) Then reboot device and load the game and your cloud should refresh.

Sorry, but the previous posts of yours on this forum that I can find are from March 2015 and before, and none of them seem to have any detailed information that would help us diagnose your problem.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/would-be-nice.10086/
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/would-really-be-nice.14784/

505Games' support system has greatly improved since you posted those, and I encourage you to submit a support ticket, they WILL get back to you.
http://support.505games.com/support/home

If you're really 'done' playing the game, though, please don't come here and tell people not to bother reporting problems. That helps no one. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom